[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this car worth going to check out? I don't know much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 325xi.jpg (189KB, 1008x627px) Image search: [Google]
325xi.jpg
189KB, 1008x627px
Is this car worth going to check out? I don't know much about E46s and the different variants, so I was hoping someone on /o/ might be able to help. I really want to pick up a manual wagon, preferable that's RWD or AWD, and this seems to fit that. From the pics it looks really clean except for a minor rust spot on the quarter that is fixable and hazy headlights. Also, I think I remember hearing something about E46 rear subframes cracking. Does that happen with wagons, or is that just a sedan can coupe problem?
>>
>>17752739
"Check out".
Depends, is it like a ten minute walk or a 3 hour drive? If it is nearby, you like it and you have the money for it you might as well go see how it is in person, check if it has any unlisted problems and get a better feel for it.
>>
>>17752739
only a good deal if you know how to fix it yourself.
source: i work on these everyday
>>
>>17752739
>buying a rusty car
Buy a mint one instead.
>>
>>17752739
"If you can't buy it twice, you can't afford it."
- some nigger

but its true. always chase a used car ready to take maintenance issues. Go look at the car, check out everything. Look under the car for rust, leaks, if the owner scraped the front bumper from neglectful driving. Test drive it on a variety of roads and neighborhoods, and drive like it was already yours and tell the seller to shut the fuck up as you drive.

If you like it, buy it. If you're not sure or hesitating, go home and sleep and don't think about it until you wake up. See if you still want it.
>>
File: 1419962393853.jpg (12KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1419962393853.jpg
12KB, 241x230px
>>17753673
>losing thousands as soon you drive off the lot

yeah, sounds like a great plan, nigger
>>
>>17753736
Mint doesn't mean new faggot.
>>
>>17752739
>single guy with a wagon
social suicide
>>
>>17752739
>E46 rear subframes cracking
Yes this is a known fact on these cars.
>Does that happen with wagons?
Yes it is worse due to the increased loading.
>>
>>17753512
It's about a 40min drive, so not too bad. I'm going to see if the guy is available to show it this week some time.

>>17753527
I do my own repairs to an extent. If it's something that I'm comfortable doing and have the tools and time for, I'll usually do it myself.

>>17753673
It's not easy to find a 10+ year old car that's rust free in New England.

>>17753769
My social life is already nonexistent, so I'm not worried. I like wagons better than sedans anyway.

>>17753813
I'll be sure to take a good look at that then.
>>
File: IMG_0147.jpg (47KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0147.jpg
47KB, 400x340px
>>17752739
Hazy headlights can be fixed by just replacing the lenses instead of the whole housing of sanding and buffing that bullshit

Pic related
>>
>>17754100
Not super worried about the headlights. If for some reason I wasn't able to polish the haze out, I'd try to find an E46 being parted out. That might be easier than baking the headlights to replace the lenses.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.