[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is this Mercedes W126 standing at a dealer on my way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: mercedesw126500selbrown.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mercedesw126500selbrown.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
There is this Mercedes W126 standing at a dealer on my way to work and I kinda fell in love with it seing it every day...

It has only one previous owner which took good care of it so there is no rust or whatsover

I already checked insurance and tax payments I would have to make... I don't make a lot of money but I could afford it!
Now I am seriously considering to buy it as a collector's item and drive it on Sundays and stuff...

Let's have a W126 or old Mercedes appreciation thread in general and convince me it's a good idea to buy this beauty!

Pic related, it's a w126 in the same color I may be buying
>>
File: 20170814_171346.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_171346.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I recently bought this as a weekend cruiser and fucking adore it.

It's a great design and gets a lot of compliments. There's a pretty large online community who love 126s who can help you with any issues.

I don't know how I feel about the brown but it's at least unique.
>>
>>17752374
you forgot to budget for maintenance.
>>
File: 1467636934053.jpg (108KB, 800x503px) Image search: [Google]
1467636934053.jpg
108KB, 800x503px
>>
File: w123.jpg (388KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
w123.jpg
388KB, 2000x1500px
Mercedes W123 is one of my personal favourites. It's one of the cars I really want to buy when I can afford starting a collection.

I want a black or beige one, but the brown in OP picture looks really nice too.
>>
>>17752521
That's fucking beautiful congrats.

One of my favorite designs. Did you get the 500 or 560?

Old Benz are my favorite.
>>
>>17752567
560. Still goes like fuck, Saturday night I took it down some long straight roads and gave it a bit and the torque is fucking amazing.
>>
>>17752579
That's what I hear. I never thought a SOHC engine from the late 80s with like 300hp in a heavy as fuck car could do anything but apparently they're fast, that's what a lot of people say. I have a DOHC 300CE. Had the chance to buy a 560 swapped 300TE a while back but passed due to leaking SLS.

For my next fun car I'm torn between the 560SEC and a R129 500SL
>>
>>17752585
300ce looks pretty cool. You might find the 560SEC a bit of a step backwards in terms of interior and the drivetrain is very much "tried and true". Its a great vehicle though.

The 500SL looked futuristic for its time, but I have no idea how they'd go today. Try and drive both
>>
>>17752601
I dunno, my CE is a 90, I've seen several SEC interiors, they're very comparable with the CE
The guy why was selling the 300TE had a 560 and a guy around the block has one, they both said they go like nothing else. And so did you so that makes 3 accounts, they must be faster than I give them credit for. Not sure if the 500SL is any faster or not, it had what many say are their best V8 they ever made. Haven't ever talked to a 500SL owner though.

Guy around the block is about to sell his for about 9K, it's a seafoam green color, not my favorite but it is exceptionally well cared for. Though he said it needs work, looks like it has SLS and the SLS is sagging a bit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.