[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lancer Evo Final Edition >The line of Lancers in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2015_lancer_evolution_fe_29.jpg (127KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
2015_lancer_evolution_fe_29.jpg
127KB, 1200x675px
>Lancer Evo Final Edition
>The line of Lancers in general
discuss
>>
>>17752108
What car?
>>
Evo 1-9 were mean and lean while the Evo10 is pure pig fat. Guess they had to appeal to the broader market. STI > EVO
>>
>>17752224
>pig fat
newfag, what mean? or is it self explanatory
>>
>>17752224
7 onwards were all heavy
>>
>>17752224

Mitsubishi is in a death spiral and couldn't afford to keep the Evo as the dedicated and focused sportscar that it was. So they softened up the whole Lancer line incl. Evo in an attempt to appeal to a broader market, but simply couldn't compete across their entire range.

By comparison, the STI is essentially Subaru's halo car but the brand is 99% backed up by the sales of Foresters and Legacies that appeal to a much broader market than the STI ever could. But those sales let Subaru keep the STI around and reasonably focused because outside of "car guys", the STI isn't what Subaru is about in general.

Back over to Mitsubishi, in the US especially, the Evo was the only vehicle they had that really defined them.

On Mitsubishi's website right now, they're currently advertising/offering the Outlander, Outlander Sport, three Mirage variations, the '17 Lancer and the '15 Evos. That's it. And of those cars, there are other, better versions being offered by companies like Honda and Toyota.

It's a shame since I quite like the older Evos and wish Mitsubishi could have continued to battle it out with Subaru for the forseeable future, but a single sportscar cannot support your brand alone and Mitsubishi lost sight of the greater picture that would allow them to continue building focused sportscars like before.
>>
>>17752108
Is it AWD?. I always wanted one as a family car.
>>
>>17752244
to my knowledge, yeah the final edition is AWD
>>
>>17752240
>but a single sportscar cannot support your brand alone
OP here, as much as you're probably right it would be interesting to see what would happen if a car company tried that, only making one type of car/one model and putting everything they had into it, and seeing if they could stay afloat.
If you put all your resources into one car and making sure its the best it can possibly be you could probably make something pretty amazing.

fuck my idealism
>>
>>17752236
Heavy car. STi weighs 3500 lbs and the EVO probably isn't far behind. that's a 4pot car that weighs as much as a supercharged V8 C7.
>>
>>17752256
Isn't that basically what Lotus and Ariel do?
>>
>>17752262
they both have more than one model, so no not really
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.