[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the point of double clutching compared to a regular downshift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

whats the point of double clutching compared to a regular downshift when you have to rev match anyways? >reduced wear on the synchros
but rev-matching should solve that anyways, right?
Seems like an extra step for no reason
>>
>>17748571
Skipping gears.
>>
>>17748571
The point of double clutching is becuase you have a transmission where you have no synchros.

If you have a transmission with synchros then there is not reason to double clutch, just revmatch.
>>
>>17748571
because you're supposed to double clutch, not granny shift
>>
>>17748571
If your car has syncrhos, theres no point in double clutching
>>
>>17748598
>>17748604
isn't the whole point of rev matching to get the engine speed to match the transmission speed which is the purpose of the synchros? Why double clutch anyways if you can rev match in a dog box? or is there a benefit of being in neutral compared to just havnig the clutch fully depressed? from what i understand in both cases the engine is disengaged from the transmission
>>17748590
can't you do that anyways by proper rev matching? when the clutch is fully in, the engine is disengaged right? whats the difference between that and neutral?
>>
ITT: people who don't understand how a gearbox works
>>17748613
The difference between clutching in and having the transmission in neutral is whether the input shaft gets turned by the engine. If you just clutch in, its speed will drop down to 0 within a few seconds, in neutral the input shaft speed matches the engine speed (unless of course you're clutched in in neutral). So if you want to put 0 wear on your synchros or just be a memeshifting faggot, you double clutch.

Rev-matching while clutched in will not reduce wear on your synchros, only your clutch.
>>
>>17748571
No, rev matching does not reduce synchro wear. Please learn how transmissions work
>>
>>17748637
makes sense. Thanks
>>17748689
will do
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.