[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw getting more and more comfortable with running my gas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0446.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0446.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>tfw getting more and more comfortable with running my gas tank really low
>tfw gonna run out of gas one day
>had <5 miles left in gas last night on the interstate and if I missed the exit I would've been sitting on the side of the road at 2am
>tfw don't care anymore
>>
>>17748394
>borrow dad's truck
>fuel gauge is broken
>just resets trip odometer and fills tank when it hits 350-400 miles
>forget to check it
>run out of diesel an hour from home
>10:30pm
>call dad
>says he'll bring a can of diesel
>flip center armrest up
>stretch out across front seat
>nap
>wake up to red and blues in the mirror
>move to driver seat and roll window down
>statetrooper.jpg
>"out of fuel?"
>yep
>"got someone comin' for ya?"
>yep
>"okiedoke, have a good night"
>drives off
>>
>>17748394
>>tfw getting more and more comfortable with running my gas tank really low

Have fun having to replace your fuel pump soon for $600.
>>
Bitch please. I frequently run my skyline to the point where it fuel starves around sharp corners. I've gone a number of times where the car runs out of gas and dies as I'm rolling to the pump. I don't run it low because Im poor, it's just a game. I always carry a 2gal can of gas strapped in the trunk just in case I actually run out.
>>
>>17748522
Fuel pump is completely fine unless you actually run out of gas.
>>
>>17748573

The logic is that the fuel cools the pump and thus low fuel levels reduce the life because it runs hotter. Do you reject this?
>>
>>17748573
>Fuel pump is completely fine unless you actually run out of gas.
That's wrong though.
>>
>>17748581
This is true, I knew a cheap nigger that had to replace his fuel pump 3 times because every time he would nearly run out of gas he'd only put $5 worth of gas in the tank.
>>
>>17748581
The pump is full unless you literally run out.
>>
>>17748573
No, no it isn't

As been stated before Gas lubricates and cools the fuel pump.

>>17748615
Says the person who's never taken an intank pump out of a car.
>>
>>17748496
>statetrooper
Why didn't you get belligerent?
>>
>>17748545
>carry a 2gal can of gas strapped in the trunk
enjoy your cancer
>>
>>17748755
>I HAVE A RIGHT TO TRAVEL
>IM A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN
>AM I BEING DETAINED
>>
>>17748819
what did he mean by this
>>
>tfw your fuel pump and filter are in the engine bay
>>
>>17749020
>tfw my volvo has a pump in the tank and one under the car
>mfw i cannot believe they'd have such a nigger-tier system
>>
>>17748394
>getting more and more comfortable with running my gas tank really low
In my old cars where E meant there was one more gallon and the red needle had to go past the E to be truly empty. My brand new car really means it. If the needle is on E, it really is empty.

>>17749020
>your fuel pump and filter are in the engine bay
There are two stage fuel pump systems that have two pumps. So one will be in the engine bay to develop the high pressure for the injector. The other fuel pump is in the tank and is submerged in the fuel to cool it. If there is not enough fuel, then part or most of the pump is exposed and gets hotter and hotter and hotter. So if you can, don't go beneath the 1/8 tank point on your fuel gauge.
>>
>>17748615
>The pump is full unless you literally run out.
The fuse is 7.5 amperes here, so that pump must get pretty hot if it isn't submerged.
>>
>>17748496
That's cozy as fuck. I wouldn't mind distances in my country being larger in exchange for some cheaper fuel prices.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.