[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know shit about cars. Is this good value? KBB h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 00808_tFSECb37TI_1200x900.jpg (52KB, 506x900px) Image search: [Google]
00808_tFSECb37TI_1200x900.jpg
52KB, 506x900px
I don't know shit about cars. Is this good value?
KBB has value at $3000.

https://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-honda-accord-ex-v6/6263021546.html
>>
>>17747484
I guess it depends on car prices in your local area, but I'd say 3000 is a fair offer to make the guy to start. I'm not sure I'd pay 3700. That's all assuming it is rust free and has no problems of course.
>>
Makes sure it shifts properly without hesitation, especially 1st to 2nd. Should be easy to tell when cold. Check if transmission fluid is black and smells burnt.

This model with the V6 overheats the transmission and wears out the clutchpacks inside. Otherwise count on $1000-1500 for a transmission when it dies. I suggest a transmission cooler and changing the fluid with honda dw-1 and -only- that ATF.

Mine died at almost exactly that mileage.
>>
>>17747652
Where should I check for rust?
>>
>>17747739
Is it a big problem? Did it make you get rid of it?
>>
>>17747897
It's not a big problem. The transmission is weak so you correct the issues (fresh fluid, additional mini radiator for the fluid, in-line filter cause the transmission has no filter).

It's a pretty reliable car outside of these issues. The fact that the car has all these dumb ricer mods possibly means the transmission is on its way out and the owner is dodging the repair bill. You can tell this pretty much instantly from driving it. Driving it hard causes the transmission to fail.
>>
>>17747484
Get a 4ycl

The transmission on the V6 is a verified time bomb. The 4 cyl is decently quick enough with the 5 spd manual.
>>
>>17748087
The 4cyl is a timebomb too and has the exact same issues because it's designed the same way. It just doesn't get pushed as hard and doesn't have the heat of the V6. It still needs extra cooling and filtering with good fluid if you want to maximize it's life. At least for the 4cyl auto anyway.
>>
>>17747484
>modded Accord
Run away. It's been owned by a boyracer faggot.
>>
>>17747484
Get this instead. He should come down to 3200 if it's been listed more than 30 days

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-honda-civic/6229707974.html
>>
>>17747886
frame, body. Just look for it, if it's in somewhere easy to spot it's probably in places where it's not.
>>
You don't want the V6, and you don't want a car owned by a nigger/ricer/mehican. Whenever you see "rimz" on a used car, just assume it's been beaten on. Go to the next car in line.
>>
>>17748164
MUCH better car.
>>
>>17749484
Looks like a middle aged Indian man owns it lol
>>
>>17747652
What's the highest you'd consider purchasing it at?
>>
>>17751713
$200, which is about scrap price. I'm not even kidding, either. Get the Civic that was posted.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.