[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really need mechanic help right now. Today I replaced the brake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1479254699317.png (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479254699317.png
1MB, 900x900px
I really need mechanic help right now.
Today I replaced the brake master cylinder on my 2001 toyota sienna, and bled the brakes.

The brakes no longer work. They are really stiff after bleeding the fluid, but as soon as I turn the car on they go super soft and stay soft until I bleed them again.

Am I bleeding them wrong? I also I couldn't find the nipple on the front tires to bleed from either, so I only bled the rear.
Yes I know I'm a dumbass, but this dumbass needs to fix his shitbox by tomorrow.

If I am bleeding them wrong, what's the proper way to do it? What do I do about the front wheels? Any help at all would be appreciated.
>>
You have to bleed all 4 corners. RR, LR, RF, LF.
>>
You have to bleed the master cylinder before you install it into the car.

You did do this, right?
>>
>>17745921
You should be fine. Just don't go over 25mph
>>
>>17745993
Bench bleeding isn't as important as you're making it out to be.

>>17745965
This faggot is right, if you didn't bleed the fronts, you have air in the system and you will never build any pressure.
>>
>>17745921

There's air left in the system so obviously you've done it wrong. You have to bleed every caliper and the best thing is to have a person to pump your brakes when you do the work. Look for the manual, your car is not safe to drive now.
>>
>>17746017
I did not bleed the fronts because I couldn't find the bleeding valves on the fronts. Are they different than the rear? The rear brakes are drum and the front are disk if this helps any.

>>17745993
No I did not, I will start with that when I go at it again though.
>>
>>17746017
>Bench bleeding isn't as important as you're making it out to be.

Yes it is. It's why it's a thing. It's why every single master cylinder comes with the fittings and instructions on how to do it.
>>
>>17745921
I don't give a shit about your problems and I'd be no help anyway, but I do like your picture, so saved. Thanks
>>
>>17746037
The bleeders will be on the top side of the caliper, probably under a cap.

>>17746046
I've installed dozens of clutch and brake masters without ever bench bleeding. Stop reading online forums and believing in the most autistic posters.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.