[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've purchased a 2014 Mazda3 Sport automatic transmission.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2014-Mazda3-sedan-profile.jpg (990KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2014-Mazda3-sedan-profile.jpg
990KB, 2048x1360px
I've purchased a 2014 Mazda3 Sport automatic transmission. I'm 21 and it's the first car I've ever owned in my name. I don't regret choosing it; it's a good looking car that has good mpg. I don't know how to drive a manual or I would've bought one.

Returning the car isn't an option but I want to make it handle smoother and go faster. I know it's better to save money for a year or two and buy a shitbox from craigslist but I'm impatient, young, and full of life. I'm getting 59 hours a week and have around $1k saved as I just recently stopped being a NEET.

Shocks, springs, rsb, new struts and camber bolts; just things I'm looking to add to the car to make it feel better to drive. Turbo is very close to impossible for the car because of ecu and I don't know a thing about supercharging but it's likely impossible as well. I don't know too much about vehicles but I want to know if there is anything else I could do that would make the car feel better.
>>
>>17745644
>modifying an automatic econobox
kys. you should've learned manual enough to get the car home and gradually got better.
>>
>>17745660
I know it's autistic. I don't personally know anyone that owns a manual car; no friends or family, even friends of friends. Maybe I could have had someone else drive it back to my house for me, idk.
>>
>>17745680
pfft. best way to learn is to suffer through it.
>>
>>17745644
>daily drive the mazda3
>buy a fun shitbox as a project car
>learn at your own pace without the pressure of maybe fucking up your only way to work

problem solved
>>
>>17746629
Yeah, definitely. Looking back I would have went with the '16 Hatchback if I wasn't such a pussy. Oh well.
>>
Only thing you should bother doing is putting nice tires on it. Everything else is a waste of money.

To make it faster, go on a diet, never fill the tank beyond 3/4, and remove the spare tire and jack. If you never have passengers in the back remove the floor mats back there.

Otherwise pay for your fucking car then get something else.
>>
>>17746810
This desu senpai
If it was me I'd modify it according to SCCA stock rules and actually learn how to drive the damn thing
>>
>>17746810
if he likes the car and has a good time fucking with it then its not really a waste of money, objectively speaking maybe.
>>
>>17746797
This. You know its not worth the effort to do anything to an econobox.
>>
>>17746846
Maybe not to you, but OP bought the car he liked and wants to make it a little more fun for him.

OP, I'm not familiar with the new Mazda 3 mods but all I can suggest are the staple fun bolt on mods.

>cold air intake
>good sounding exhaust
>lowering springs/coilovers
>nice wheels

There's a nice relatively cheap package that totally does over the feel of the car for you.
>>
>>17746629
>>17745660
Learned manual on the same day I drove my truck home. Spent like an hour in the lot just practicing clutch control. The following Monday I had go to work but my muscle memory had faded and I couldn't find the sweet spot so backing out of my driveway was awful and I killed it in traffic twice. ;_;
>>
Go get a real wheel alignment.
>>
>>17745644
I didn't know how to drive manual when I got my golf (loveable shitbox) but now I do and I would literally kms if I had got an auto
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.