[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im newly getting into cars, after I found out my dad is giving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1974.jpg (114KB, 1919x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1974.jpg
114KB, 1919x1211px
Im newly getting into cars, after I found out my dad is giving me his corvette. Is this a classic and should be left alone or can it go through some potential upgrades? If so, what can be done?

This is is as close of a picture I can find to the real thing.
>>
Dude mod the fuck out of that old piece of shit.
It's not worth anything so you can only be making it better.
>>
get some DUB rims, a nitrous oxide kit, and a k20a2 engine swap from an integra type r
thats what all the corvette nuts do anyway
>>
>>17744815
If it's a smog-era C3, there's no real harm in modding the fuck out of it since those things were completely choked from the factory.
>>
>>17744815
Is it really a C3 Stingray?

If it is, don't mod it.

If not, fuck it I guess
>>
If it's a C3, do what you will with it. Late 80s C4s on, treat with a bit of respect, but there's nothing you can do to a C3 that would make it any less tacky or perform any slower.
>>
If it has no chrome bumpers, then mod it. But if it does, then it's a 1968-1972 which should be left alone.
>>
If it's a classic that should be left alone it's actually a classic you should sell to fund the purchase of a better car.
>>
>>17744815
3/4 the people here hate anything not japanese. in seriousness if you're not even into cars just clean it and cover it up inside a storage unit for big money in a few decades.
>>
File: vettemod.jpg (79KB, 648x396px) Image search: [Google]
vettemod.jpg
79KB, 648x396px
>>17744815
It needs this but a different color.
>>
>>17744815
Anon, get the year and model off your dad of the Corvette, then check around online to see what you can find out about them.

Generally if it's an early '70s/late '60s C3 Corvette keep it as stock as you can while keeping it maintained, and sell it in a few more years for $$$$.

Don't forget to drive it on the weekend to keep it healthy, these things want to be driven.
>>
I would want you to make it faster by building the engine and/or supercharging it. Otherwise if it looks like that leave it alone.
>>
2JZ swap
pro touring suspension
Greenwood style bodykit
>>
>>17745755
This is what all the boomers do

Then they uncover it to find rust, cracked leather, stuck brakes, and seized engines.

What you do is you maintain the everloving fuck out of it and put on 200 miles a year just driving around the suburbs and then sell it once your dad is either dead or done acknowledging your existence
>>
I myself have an '82 corvette, completely stock with the atrocious crossfire fuel injection. I have not had any trouble out of it yet since it has been in the family since it was new, but i plan on either converting it to carb or swapping in something lighter like an ls3. the year on these c3 vettes are important because 74-77 sucked because of the oil crisis; and then '82 was the only c3 with crossfire injection. Either way, enjoy it. its a true classic with beautiful lines.
>>
Intake, headers, heads, cam
>>
>>17746422
Swap a carb, way better than shitfire
>>
How is the reliability on these things?

Could you do a 10k roadtrip / tour in it?
>>
>>17746947
you'll end up spending more on gas than the cost of the car
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.