[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ct o/d/86-pontiac-6000-fla-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 6000.png (388KB, 554x319px) Image search: [Google]
6000.png
388KB, 554x319px
https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/d/86-pontiac-6000-fla-car/6240789582.html

Would this make a good daily for somebody who likes obscure malaise era shitters? Do these share parts with the other A-body cars GM made during this era?

Should I jump on this? I love the way these look.
>>
>>17741030
I wouldnt daily it. It's such a shitty car in pretty much every way.

Even with the
>muh garage kept low miles
car still isnt worth more than like a grand
>>
>>17741030
way too expensive for what it is.
>>
>>17741198
What's bad about it versus other economy cars from its era?
>>17741202
These are essentially unicorns up here in the rust belt. When you do see them on Craigslist they're usually caked with rust and practically falling apart.
>>
>>17741215
At best an 11 second 0-60, shit gas mileage amplified that's by how hard you have to push it, terrible 80s GM quality.
>>
>>17741242
I'm not interested in racing it and I'm no stranger to shitty GM interior build quality. I'm more interested in the reliability of the engine and how easy it is to work on.
>>
>>17741030
>I love the way these look.
youre a strange one.

However if everything was in working order id pick it up, could probably talk him down to $1500. Assuming it really only has 60k on it itd be worth it even if it only ran for 2-3 years. Would be fun to beat around at least.

Though how the fuck does a family owned '86 only have 60k miles on it? 31 years old? Just makes no sense that theyd keep it if they werent driving it as if it were a classic or something.
>averages less than 2k miles a year
something stinks here
>>
>>17741274
By the looks of the post it says it was his dear dad's car. Could be legit, but I get you.
>>
>>17741284
*dead
>>
>>17741271
Engine's are reliable enough, depends on which 6 it has really, but being someone who has owned GM 6's of the era and newer they're fine, never had issues. As for the A-body in general, had a Cutlass Ciera albeit with the Iron duke and base of the base, and it was well a car. Bad condition but hard to kill I'll give it that and was sound enough mechanically. (Obviously different engine than the 6000 you're asking about but they everything else)

Mechanically to awnser your question about parts, allot of it should be fine, the Pontiac's had some special bits, but that mostly applies to things like the Digital dash (I think it was pontiac only) and the optional AWD the STE had which doesn't really apply here obviously. I'd try to talk them down even if this is low miles.
>>
>>17741679
I was thinking about offering 1500 if it all checks out upon inspection.
>>
>>17741274

A lot of those 80's cars had 5-digit odometers so it could actually have 160 or 260k on it
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>17744284
This is true, but I believe the 6000 had 6-digits.
>>
>>17741030
That right there is a project car, not a daily. Also be weary of cars with low mileage that have been sitting in garages for decades, lots have not been maintained or even turned on in that entire duration.

>t. brother inherited garage sleeper Cadillac with insanely low miles that fell apart in a month of dd'ing
>>
File: 00F0F_eHLWlDTTCue_1200x900.jpg (218KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00F0F_eHLWlDTTCue_1200x900.jpg
218KB, 1200x900px
Is this the CL thread?

https://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-honda-prelude/6264290842.html
>>
2.8L likes to shit head gaskets arout 100-120k miles. Low miles means all the rubber bits are going to be rotten. Be prepared for new tires, belts, every gasket, brakes hoses, etc.

I'm a Ford fan, but by the mid 90s GM had the A bodys figured out. I would rather have a mid 90s Ciera or Century with more miles than this garage ornament with TRAILER HITCH WTF.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.