[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Ford too unambitious with the 6th gen Mustang? The interior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: muh stang.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
muh stang.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
Was Ford too unambitious with the 6th gen Mustang? The interior is an improvement, but otherwise it seems like they just gave it IRS and said "good enough." I think it's just too damn fat.
>>
It just needs a few simple mods bro
>>
>>17739612
cars became fat because ferd had to make the f150 so stupidly fuckhuge in 2005
>>
File: zl1-1le-1498139172.jpg (199KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
zl1-1le-1498139172.jpg
199KB, 1600x800px
>>17739612
It's not that they're not ambitious. Usually doing that would be enough for a generation of mustang comparatively to 5th gen camaro and charger/challenger. The camaro in the sixth gen just pull it shot together so it makes the mustang look unimpressive.
>>
>>17739647
Lol how did fat f150 win Lemans then ?
>>
>>17739612
Ew. Wrong body style. The other one is better.
>>
>>17739680
meme magic im not even sure if youre talking about a ferrari or something
>>
>>17739652
i like being able to see out of my car
>>
File: American Engineering.jpg (159KB, 1762x964px) Image search: [Google]
American Engineering.jpg
159KB, 1762x964px
>>17739652
>The camaro in the sixth gen just pull it shot together so it makes the mustang look unimpressive.

kek
>>
>I think it's just too damn fat.
What modern car isn't? You can barely find a an offroader or sports car under 1,90m wide, and even compacts are approaching or exceeding 1,80m.
>>
>>17739957
chevy sonic sedan, looks teutonic in design rear tails remind me of late 90s mercedes at night but i only see them out west, people here are too autistic to be seen driving them
>>
>>17739612
Driving dynamics don't matter, it's always been a barbie car
>>
File: a269a18c267e02fa730012b61ed80e85.jpg (309KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a269a18c267e02fa730012b61ed80e85.jpg
309KB, 1500x1000px
>>17739957
>>
>>17739652
>>17739927
>Friend bought, or well, financed, a 2016 Camaro
>Lets me drive
>Oh, the memes about not being able to see aren't true
>This thing shifts like a dream, opening the exhaust up makes for a nice tone inside the cabin
>This isn't that bad
>Tons of power, I think I still prefer his '15 Mustang though
>Get going down the interstate, opens into 4 lanes
>All of a sudden the jokes are true, blindspots like no other
>Literally never felt so blind before, this is terrible
>Changing lanes has never felt so risky

Fast forward
>Time to get off the interstate, I'll take the curves and winding of back roads
>End up on a stretch of busted up asphalt road
>Can't see directly in front of the car to make sure I'm actually straddling potholes
>Never felt so uncomfortable driving an unfamiliar vehicle before in my life
>The steering input was quite good, however I really disliked the available visibility

He told me you get used to the visibility after a couple days, but for the few hours I drove, I absolutely hated it.

I was actually more comfortable operating the backhoe at work for the first time than doing something I enjoy doing: driving.

I'll stick to my jap shitboxes.
>>
>>17740043
I can get the visibility thing, I drive a minitruck with a topper daily and after a while I've learned how to move around inside to get all my rear visibility from my side mirrors.
>>
>>17740043
How does the Mustang's visibility compare?
>>
>>17740817
It's average. About the same as your average modern econobox.
>>
File: 69boss429mustangfastback.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
69boss429mustangfastback.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>knowing that Ford will never again produce one of these
>>
>>17740817
significantly better. I never had a problem looking around with mine. Blind spot mirrors and smaller pillars and plenty of headroom made it a lot easier to see out of, along with the obviously taller windows. Difficulty lies with getting used to the superlong hood. I think the 18 mustang is dropping the front end a bit for this purpose.
>>
How big an improvement, quality-wise, is the S197 from the New Edge? I have a 2004 right now and this car must have been made by fucking East Germans.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.