[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I have been looking at the Fiesta ST and I really want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys,
I have been looking at the Fiesta ST and I really want it but I have some concerns
I keep seeing stuff online about the transmission being noisy and having issues?
Do you guys know if the Fiesta ST has issues?
Thanks
>>
FIX
OT
RGAIN
DONY
>>
>>17737426
Money pit.
>>
It was a problem only with the non-ST Fiestas and Foci, the dual clutch automatic transmission was poorly programmed and wore out clutches quickly. Manual transmission Foci and Fiestas, including the STs don't have that problem.
>>
>>17737426
FiST, FoRS, and FoST
but never FAST
>>
>>17737464
yes and no.

it's a problem with all auto fiestas that have the DCT, Focus as well.

The DCT that Ferd uses has a dry clutch design, which is nothing new, but the seals on the clutch are less than stellar, and are extremely prone to leaking, causing trans fluid to spill into the clutch. This gives people the slipping, jolting, crunching sensation they feel when city driving.

Turd is currently the subject of not one but two class action lawsuits for this DCT. I'd stay away unless its a manual.

>t. someone who seriously considered buying a fiesta and did their research
>>
>>17737474
Thanks, I didn't really know the specifics of the problem, only that manual ones are fine. I almost bought a DCT Focus, but I read online about it and decided for a lighter, faster, more efficient and more reliable 5-speed manual Focus. The Ruby Red color was so sexy though.
>>
The getrag is pretty good in the st's.
Not many issues to speak of.
>>
>>17737562
>>17737474
>>17737464
Thanks for the responses.
I was looking at the JD Power Reliability rating and I can't figure out whether the rating is for the automatic and manuals together or not.
It seems like the ratings are bad due to the automatics.
I'm still concerned about the Reliability of the car. I really want a fun daily driver
>>
>>17737571
Shouldn't be that bad, not Toyota tier but not old Jaguar tier either. The powerplant on the Fiesta ST is basically the stuff they put in bigger crossovers and sedans crammed into a little hatchback.
>>
I have an automatic Focus.
Though it doesn't have too much mileage on it, the DCT seems to be good for everything minus going from 1st to 2nd.
I have heard that the pre-2015 models primarily had the issue and it was resolved with that model. Mine is a 2015, so I guess I'll find out sooner or later.
>>
>considering buying new shitbox DCT focus on the list because fuck getting a CVT

wew glad i saw this thread, focus was looking bretty gud until now
>>
File: IMG_20160927_161639864.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160927_161639864.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>17737593
Get an older manual. It's the same shit. The only difference is the bigger screen with nav but who cares about that shit.
>>
>>17737593
The only option for a non-gay automatic these days is Mazda
>>
>>17737603
That sync 1.1 is nightmarishly shit though. It's like it's haunted. That thing has a mind of his own.
>>
>>17737449
People have over 150k miles with zero problems and basic maintenance on the original clutch.
>>
>>17737603
when you say older, how older do you mean?
this is OP btw
ive been looking at 2014 fiesta st but it kinda seems like if you get a manual from nov 2013 to jan 2014 then the tranny will have issues.
>>
Does the ST have same build quality issues as standard Fiesta? My sister has taken hers to the dealer twice now because the door latches failed. Her husband literally had to hold the door shut while they drove there.
>>
>>17738699
>woman driver
>breaks everything

you dont say
>>
>>17738699
Yes. I love my FiST but the build quality is shit.
>>
>>17738703
Google "Ford Fiesta door latch" and you'll stfu
>>
>>17738712
>bunch of women on the internet bitching because they slam their doors and break shit

WEW LAD
>>
Absolutely avoid DCT in regular Fiesta/Focus. Shudders like a retard from a stop. The manual trans in the ST cars are great. There are a few cases I've read of people having problems with synchros but Ford warranty quickly took care of them.

t. someone who had a 12 SE and now owns a 13 ST

>>17738699
Quality feels about the same for the dash, some of the center console pieces. Recaros are way nicer than the rest of the interior, wheel is wrapped in leather.
>>
File: red wojak 1.jpg (30KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
red wojak 1.jpg
30KB, 250x249px
>2018 Fiesta will not be available in America
>>
>>17738717
>still trying to troll after I literally prove he's a dumb nigger

Go on.
>>
File: 1280639617559.jpg (87KB, 469x428px) Image search: [Google]
1280639617559.jpg
87KB, 469x428px
>>17738728
im not trolling

woman cant into not breaking shit m8
>>
>>17737464
>>17737474
Does anyone know how the DCT is serviced on Fiesta? Like what a basic 60,000 mile(or whatever) scheduled maintenance is?

I'm not a Fiesta or Focus owner I'm just curious, I'm a heavy truck tech and all I really do for the trans is grease the throw out bearings and check fluids unless a problem is found.
>>
>>17738739
Yeah. You ask them what the fuck is wrong with my transmission, and they tell you it's normal.
>>
>>17737426
Too poor for a focus or do you like this one bloated flea look?
>>
File: oy_bzzzzz.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
oy_bzzzzz.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>17738726
>my fiesta st will increase in value because you can't get them anymore
>>
>>17738756
the fiesta st is better than the focus st
>>
>>17738762
Focus would be so much better without those awful tail lights.
>>
>Fiesta
>American Brand, British Design, German engineering, Mexican manufacturing.

I always found this to be really cool desu
>>
>>17737998
One of the least reliable small hatchbacks on the market according to ADAC and TUV recovery figures. Below the Peugeot 208 and Hyundai
>>
>>17738750
>Yeah. You ask them what the fuck is wrong with my transmission, and they tell you it's normal

But just until the warranty expires, right?
>>
>>17738810
for the autotragic
>>
>>17737426
My ST's done 22K miles so far, no issues.

The ST is manual only, so you won't have the issues the auto box has, so no need to worry.

Go test drive one, get a feel for what it's like.
>>
>>17738811
There's nothing to fix. They just tell you that's normal behavior for the transmission. How it was designed...
>>
>>17738835
>>17738810
>>17738758
>>17738719
>>17738699
OP here.
Thanks for the feedback.
Seems like the DCT cars are the problem and that's why reliability numbers are bad. Good thing ST is a manual.
I test drove a 2017 yesterday and it was great but I'm gunna buy a used one. Probably 2014.
Also yes I am too poor to get a focus.
>Want gti, too poor
>Want focus st, too poor
>Fiesta St????? Seems like a good possibility
>>
>>17739009
>2014

have fun with the garbage tier infotainment
>>
>>17739020
I don't care about the shit Bluetooth sync Microsoft shit.
I'm ok with it. I've been driving a really old car with no AC or radio. It only takes cassete tapes. So anything is an upgrade
>>
>>17738810
the reason the numbers are so shit is because of the quality control on the DCT.

>>17737571
Asides from the horrific DCT, the only even minor complaint I've heard is that the Ford Sync system is finicky, nothing else.
>>
>>17739020
Speaking of that... How is the Sony sound system in these ST's? Good?
>>
>>17738719
Your trans fluid is leaking into the clutch, your seals are compromised. You can ask Terd to replace it for you, but it's likely they'll just blow you off. If you're persistent and annoying enough, they'll eventually throw you a bone and at least look at it.
>>17738739
not a clue on servicing but Terd claims that their DCT is a sealed unit and does not need serviced for the life of the vehicle. Some on the forums had contradictory claims and were having it fully flushed at [insert miles here] but I think that's just a placebo.

While I'm thinking about it, the reason the DCT is so finicky in the auto is that it's actually two transmissions mated together, and it has to guess which gear you want to activate. It looks like this
Unit
1 2
______

And without a paddle shifter, the DCT has to guess which gear you want. I've heard claims of hesitation, which would make sense, since neither of the mated transmissions have precedence over the other, it's like that bitchy ex you used to date not being able to make up her mind for dinner. It's a shame too, I really was looking forward to a rally car like trans.
>>
>>17739052
>Terd claims that their DCT is a sealed unit and does not need serviced for the life of the vehicle

And Audi claimed the timing chain on their 4.2 was good for life lol
>>
>>17739047
its not bad in my 15, better than your average shitbox
>>
my little text doodle didn't come through right.

The DCT is two 3-speed transmissions mated together and automatically activated.
>>17739059
>Terd claims

Not my headache. I embraced the Korean overlords instead
>>
>>17738567
Mine is a '13.
>>
What's the verdict on those Recaros? Too snug, or do they break in eventually?

Are the base seats bad?
>>
>>17739288
Get the recaros. Worth every penny
>>
>>17739047
My FoST Sony system is pretty good. Not amazing, but just pretty good.

>>17739288
Recaros are super comfy. I wouldn't get an st without them
>>
>>17737474
Why would you buy an automatic FiST anyway? The point of a hot hatchback is ragging it through B-roads and council estates, an auto would take away most of the fun
>>
>>17739585
they don't even make an auto fist

thank you based ford
>>
>>17739585
>Why would you buy an automatic FiST anyway?
There is no auto FiST. If it had a good DCT like the GTI I could sort of see the appeal but it's made by Ferd and they weren't stupid enough to use their fucked up broken DCT in the FiST.

Maybe the FiST would be more popular in North America if it had an autotragic model.
>>
>>17739009
the fiesta st is more fun to drive than the focus. if you don't need the bigger size, the fiesta is better.
>>
>>17739883
no, keep the FiST pure and untainted by autotragic shit
>>
>>17739902
I got a job far in the middle of nowhere so I feel like seeing friends or family I have to drive 2.5 hours.
Probably every other weekend drive
Would it be worth it?
>>
>>17739914
>no, keep the FiST pure and untainted by autotragic shit
Right but they're discontinuing the FiST in North America, maybe if it had an autotragic version it would still be made.
>>
Would a FiST be a bad car to learn to drive manual?
I kinda know since friends have given me like 15-30 lessons like 2 times but other than that no experience
>>
>>17740047
that's fine, just means mine is worth more
>>
>>17740069
it's a really easy car to drive stick

very good car to learn on
>>
Still waiting for the day someone says "Oh, you need to avoid that manual, it has problems. Get the automatic instead"
>>
>>17740069
easy car to learn on. good controls and the clutch pedal has a helper spring
even has a hill start assist
>>
>>17740078
Guess more people will buy GTIs then
>>
>>17740093
the gti competes with the focus
>>
>>17739950
I literally to the exact same thing in my 2016 FiST... You'll find yourself wishing they wouldn't have geared it so short during the long drive, but you get used to it pretty quick. It makes the commute great though
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.