[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm doing a track day in a couple of weeks, what things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 190e1.jpg (98KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
190e1.jpg
98KB, 1024x576px
I'm doing a track day in a couple of weeks, what things do I need to know? How do I prepare the car and what do I need to check/change after the day?

I can't heel and toe I've been trying but my feet point outwards too much.
>>
>>17737296
If how you describe yourself is accurate, I'd say just try to stay out of everyone's way and learn the track/how your car feels on the track. Don't go full Dagumi right away. Being slow is better than wrecking your car, or worse, somebody else's. Personally, I'd, at the very least, do an oil change the day/night before, inspect brakes, and check tire condition/pressure.

Good luck and have fun, anon.
>>
Learn what racing lines are and study the layout of the track very carefully.
>>
>>17737312
Thanks man, I give the car an occasional flogging on the mountain twisties or at night when nobody is on the roads, but on the track I'm gonna start cruisy and get a feel for how hard I can push it.

Do I need to change my brake fluid after or will it still be fine? I have super DOT 4 for reference
>>
>>17737312
Pretty much what >>17737312 said. You should keep breaks every so often to let the tires and brakes cool down. Also make sure the alignment isn't fucked cause it can cause some pretty bad tread wear otherwise.
>>
>>17737332
That depends. When was the last time it was changed and how many miles are on the car total?
>>
>>17737341
Upgraded the brakes including braided lines, bigger discs & calipers and the super dot 4 a couple months ago. Car has 190,000km total
>>
>>17737978
You should be fine. If you do frequent track days you'll want to change it more frequently.

Also don't set the parking brake when you park at the track. The heat from the brakes tends to make the brake stick. Park it in gear and use a wheel chock.
>>
>tfw my car is slow and too shy to take it on a track with everyone else
I need a track to myself!
>>
>>17738624
My handbrake has rubber shoes that close onto the driveshaft, reckon I can get away with using it or will I fuck something up?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.