[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good, cheap shitboxes as a first car, that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What are some good, cheap shitboxes as a first car, that are rather easy to work on and tune later?
I've already considered civics, miatas and CRX, but i would like to know some other options.
i dont really care if its fwd or rwd, i only want it to be manual
>>
>>17736067
>Weeb Shit
mk3 Supra
Celica
MR2
Civic/CRX
pre-81 Corolla
Datsun B210/Nissan Maxima

>Euro Shit
BMW 318i
Volvo 240 DL

>American Shit
Ford Maverick
Chevy Monza
Dodge Dart/Colt
>>
>>17736090
>mk3 Supra, pre-81 Corolla, American Shit
impossible to get cheap and/or not rusted to dust (eastern europe)
which generations of celica and mr2 you had in mind? i never heard anything good about celica tuning-wise (not including gt4)
>>
File: 1502876368730.jpg (327KB, 1383x795px) Image search: [Google]
1502876368730.jpg
327KB, 1383x795px
MR2's
I'd specifically recommend the MRS. 5k for a good one, gutless enough to not kill yourself as a beginner, and a simple direct upgrade path you can work towards
>>
>>17736124
>eastern europe
oh, i'm sorry.

the mk1-mk3 Celicas are great because they came with the same 20R/22RE engines that the infamously reliable toyota trucks came with. the mk4 Celica's are god tier because they came with the 3S-GTE and AWD, but good fuckin' luck finding one.
>>
>>17736223
yeah, i fucking 3rd and 4th gen celicas but no fucking chance
the older the car is, the more expensive is the insurance and because my ((((glorious)))) country was communist until '89, anything from 80's is expensive and its aftermarket is non-existent
>>
>>17736264
i fucking love*
>>
>>17736264
hmm, so 90's+ only huh?

look into 3rd/4th gen Ford Fiesta's. outside of BMW i can't really speak to the reliability of euro manufacturers. maybe a diesel mercedes?
>>
>>17736303
i've been thinking about fiesta st 150, but didnt actually look at the older ones, so i'll look them up, thanks
as for euro manufacturers, didnt really ever hear anything good about old mercedes, bmws are abused as fuck and 95% of the times sold in shit condition
only volvo and (recent) skoda are really known for being reliable, the rest is kinda ehh
>>
>>17736366
shit man, then idk. get a twingo or some shitbox Fiat.
>>
>>17736462
Will probably end with either civic or fiesta, maybe MR2/mx5
>>
Fuck everyone in this thread. Get a mid size sedan with at least a 2.5L motor. Drive a Civic and then a V6 Accord and tell me which car is all around superior in every single way.
>>
>>17736482
civic
>>
What's your starting budget? If you want cheap, go for EF or EG civic hatch. A little pricier but better platform go for CRX or Miata.
Best bang for your buck in my experience. There's also Integras and BMW E30+E36 off the top of my head.
>>
>>17736631
Samefag but I wanted to expand on this. For a first car I would highly recommend an EF or EG Honda. They're cheap to buy and maintain and fun right off the bat. They have low HP (but lightweight) giving you room to grow your driving skills, and upgrading the power with engine swaps and suspension with aftermarket parts on them is easy and cheap, making them a perfect way to learn how to wrench.
>>
>>17736652
>>17736631
I don't think giving you the budget will change much, since cars price also vary a lot
how are 6th gen Ek or EJ compared to EF/EG you mentioned?
>>
>>17736090
darts (old ones) are a bit expensive compared to the others
at least where I am
not like im buying one anyways though
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.