[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A neighbor is moving and offered me his '98 E320 for under

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
A neighbor is moving and offered me his '98 E320 for under a grand. Automatic, blue, has 140xxx mi on it.

Should I do it?
>>
>>17735312
"no"
>>
>>17735315
why
>>
>>17735319
Because it's shit. It's not even the V8 and it's the worst generation.
>>
sure.
all you need to check is the suspension and make sure the air seals are all good.
Those cars are pretty bulletproof other than the seals in the air ride which just get old over time. If the ride height looks good and there is a lot of space between the tire and the wheel well its probably fine.
>>
>>17735330
this
>>
>>17735330
>implying everyone buys a car for the same reason
If I had a vette or some shit I would still buy a car like OPs for daily traffic. an auto comfy car has its uses.
>>
>>17735312
Can be rusty.
>>
>>17735330
for the first time in my life, I have to buy a car for strictly A to B purposes. Since he lives next door, there's no need to tow it back and it's cheap enough. are you saying not to buy it because of reliability issues, or because it isn't going to be fun (which sadly I am very much aware of)?

>>17735333
Thank you for your insight.

>>17735341
Pretty much what is going on. I need something because I have ran my current 280k mi daily into the ground and this popped up.

>>17735344
Thank you.
>>
>>17735365
what's wrong with your current car? if you don't have one just get a civic for 3k
>>
>>17735312
If it's in decent shape then go for it. Worst case scenario you can sell it for more. Do it.
>>
>>17735386
280k mi, recently discovered that what I thought was oem body moulding was actually a really good job of bondo and other things. the moulding is falling off in the rear wheel wells and has exposed several holes that has been allowing rain + salt to get inside the body and rot it from the inside out.
>>
>>17735423
i will talk to him tonight. thank you.
>>
Don't dude

mine was a money pit and in the end I couldn't even sell it and had to donate it for tax right off
>>
>>17735312
Under $1000?

Yes.

If you dislike it, put it on Craigslist for double or triple your money.
>>
Talk him down to $500 and race it in 24hrsoflemons
>>
File: 1488426876927.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488426876927.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
>>17735312
>for under a grand

Literally anyone ITT who says you should not get it is an enormous, ass gaping faggot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.