[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You dont have a car. Or the available funds to go and vuy something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: AETV35671905_1e.jpg (12KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
AETV35671905_1e.jpg
12KB, 350x263px
You dont have a car. Or the available funds to go and vuy something better.

Someone offers you this car, it is a 1.4L and Manual, excellent condition and is registered and will pass registration without issue.

What would be the first thing you would do to it?
>>
Change fluids and filters unless I have proof that they've been done recently.
>>
Don't buy it
>>
Check what number there is on the trans. These (and the golf 4) came with a model in the early years that have a very bad habit of shitting the bed. Without warning.
>>
Car is free.

Not damaged in any way. Is serviced regularly and by VW with VW parts/fluids.

Car has done 160,000Kms and still has original motor and trans.
>>
black ice
>>
>>17734235
Convert it into a rally car
>>
>>17734235
Be happy that i have a cute euro spec car in good condition, wire in an aux cord.
>>
>>17734235
>Customise
>sell
>???
>PROFIT
>>
>>17734235
Do you live in Europe?
Anyway, DO NOT MOD IT.

Have one of those, catalysator likes to fail. Also the exhaust system has a design error, VW admitted that. The backpressure is able to push hot gasses back into cylinder under certain conditions which is going destroy the cylinder head eventually. Also engine mounts like to break on these so careful with hard bumps and shit. They handle rust surprisingly well tho.
>>
>>17736141
Also note, if the cat fails its often just the sensor. Get an OBD scanner and just delete the code, these engine have fuckall emissions so you might just pass inspection without anyone noticing.
>>
>>17736148
Interesting. In winter it does (every now and then after being revved a little high) throw a CEL for something "exhaust related".

Thanks for the heads up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.