[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /o/, this post has two parts A. Been really captivated by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Ford-Mustang-Twister-1-1600x1068.jpg (157KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Ford-Mustang-Twister-1-1600x1068.jpg
157KB, 1600x1068px
sup /o/, this post has two parts

A. Been really captivated by the looks of the Mach 1 recently. Do any anons know how reliable the car his, if it was shitty history with anything in particular, or if have any kind of experience with it what are your overall thoughts.

B. Hypothetically lets say I get one. I live in a town where there are a shit tonne of Lancers, WRXs, BRZs, Challengers, Camaros and shitboxes. What do I need to do in order to be able to out run AND out maneuver anything I come across. Even if I need to put in a different engine, I don't care. Just fill me in. One thing I definitely want to do is get a supercharger for it even if a turbo is a better option. Have never been a fan of any kind of lag let alone in fucking cars. (reason for part B. is because inferiority complex so need to have a bitter auto dick than everyone else)
>>
>>17733720
They're good cars. They have the best drivetrain of the big 3 cars. The weakest point is the crappy power steering, but its easily remedied.

Get good tires and shocks and you can hang with most new cars. Whatever engine you have just get some modern heads for it and you'll be looking pretty good.
>>
>>17733735
Excellent. Would this thing look dumb with a blower?
>>
>>17733744
that's up to you. personally I'd use a centrifugal supercharger like a paxton or procharger. roots style ones that stick through the hood heat the intake air a lot. they are better used for drag racing imo.

also here's a good guide for chassis reinforcement and modification
http://www.mustangtek.com/Library2/BOSS302ChassisMod.html
>>
Don't get a real Mach 1 if you plan to mod the shit out of it. You'll ruin the originality. Get a 1969-70 Mustang and make it a replica if you must. It'll be cheaper in the end anyway.

Modification wise you can get there things to compete with modern cars. You have to stiffen the chassis to high heaven. Talking torque boxes, strut bars front and back, maybe even a cage. Swap put the drivetrain to a Coyote or Aluminator, tremec transmission, 4.10 rear or 3.73 for more cruising.
>>
File: 1502501900132.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1502501900132.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17733760
>Don't get a real Mach 1 if you plan to mod the shit out of it. You'll ruin the originality.
I might just take you up on that. As much as I like the look of the Mach 1 to high fucking hell (especially pic related), I don't feel like committing automotive sacrilege
>>
>>17733771
The 71-74 mustangs are pigfat garbage. You can ruin those.
>>
>>17733794
>pigfat garbage
whats wrong with them
>>
>>17733826
They're bigger and heavier than the previous generation. Ford tried to make them luxury cars.
>>
>>17733835
holy shit thats really gay
>>
>>17733771
Do you actually drive that POS rust bucket or do you just post on 4Chan all day about it?
>>
>>17733854
nah was just an example/placeholder, an another anon posted it and I saved it for reference
>>
>>17733860
>an another
im retarded
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.