[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on these they seem like theyd be destroyed less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: detailedcaliber2.jpg (58KB, 745x372px) Image search: [Google]
detailedcaliber2.jpg
58KB, 745x372px
Thoughts on these they seem like theyd be destroyed less then the neons?
>>
They're heavier and slower than the Neons
>>
>>17731934
If you can actually FIND one, they're pretty worth it imo. A simple tune pretty much unlocks an extra 50-70hp and they're great wagons.

The normal trims of the Caliber aren't, but I've been told by people who've owned the SRT4 Caliber that it's nothing like the regular one. Much like a Neon SRT4 is nothing like a regular one.
>>
File: calib.jpg (3MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
calib.jpg
3MB, 2992x2000px
>>17731934
you're correct though.

They have great motors and transmissions.
They respond great to mods though their aftermarket is a little more restrictive than the neons but they can be made pretty quick relatively cheap still - you're just pretty much stuck with realtune & MPx products. Not that there is anything wrong with that it's good stuff but it means there arent much in the way of sales and such. The used parts market isn't very big.

That said though I loved mine and am planning to pick up another. It's to the point nice ones with 70-100k are selling for $7000-9000 which I think is a steal compared to what similar cars are bringing.

The drivetrain is all SRT engineered and is pretty stout. The chassis is Chrysler and it shows, a lot of their common problems are dumb things like the power door locks, horns failing, etc - but nothing too expensive.

Their biggest known weak point is while the internals themself are pretty durable - 400hp+ kind of becomes russian roulette. People have issues with the sleeves shifting/cracking. Some people make it forever at 400hp+ with no issues, others have them fail.

Outside of that they're great cars though. I'd highly recommend just a MS1k v3 mail order tune and enjoying it. Bumps from 280hp to around 320-330. It bumps timing and leans it out to make the tune take advantage of 91/93 octane better and also if using the stock wastegate it also ups the boost from the factory 11-13psi to 17psi.

They even handle pretty good for basically being minivans. They have good brakes as well.

I think they're great cars if you want something quick that can be a nice fun reliable daily but don't want to pay the boyracer tax on turbo ecotecs, wrx's, evos, etc.
>>
>>17731934
my mum has one and its a slow piece of shit
4/10
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.