[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

So one of my front springs collapsed on my E92 and was rubbing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

So one of my front springs collapsed on my E92 and was rubbing against the inside tire sidewall as I was driving it to the shop. Replaced springs and struts and everything is golden, but I now have some damage to the inside sidewall to the tire. It dug in to the closest part of tire to the wheel. Is it safe to drive long distances with the tire? The tire itself still has plenty of tread left and the damaged part has no contact with the road.

Pic is my car. Couldn't take a pic of the damaged tire without removing it
>>
>>17728229
Take it to a tire shop to be checked and plugged if necessary. Shouldn't run more than $30, unless the tire is fucked.
>>
>>17728356
newfag
>>
>>17728356
Its not a hole or a rip, its really a "ring" around the tire's inside sidewall where the busted spring rubbed. I dont think it can be plugged.
>>
>>17728401
Take it anyway.

They can take the tire off and give it a bath to see if any air bubbles come out. If they see an air bubble then there is a hole that needs to be addressed.
>>
File: 20170816_104413.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170816_104413.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
OP here, this is the ring that the spring caused on the tire. What do you guys think?
>>
>>17728689
Hahahahaha holy fuck

Not an expert by any means but man that looks like it'll blow out on a speed bump
>>
>>17728689
Sidewall is fucked you need 2 new tires. As long as it's holding pressure you'll be fine driving to the shop but don't do any hard turns and stay off the highway.
>>
>>17728713
>>17728802
Ya I'm gonna replace the set anyways they're almost worn out. I've actually been driving it like this for 2 weeks lel.

Thanks guys
>>
>>17728229
Looks like you're in the market for new tires.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.