[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All memes aside, is this car actually good? All newer Toyota

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (64KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 500x281px
All memes aside, is this car actually good?

All newer Toyota cars I've driven were not exactly the most imoressive thing and new 86 is really disappointing,

But what about this one, has anyone here ever had the chance to drive one?
>>
>>17727714
it's a fucking corolla, what do you think?
>>
>>17727716
...yes?
>>
>>17727714
if your main complaint with the Toyobaru was "hurr durr it's slow," then you're going to be disappointed with this one too because it's even slower. The tofubox is nice because it handles nicely and is a great base platform for all sorts of performance-related upgrades (read: not stancing). It also has the added benefit of making weeb bitches wet. It isn't fast and it doesn't have stats that would impress benchracers, but the racing community used to love them for a reason.
>>
>>17727763
>but the racing community used to love them for a reason.
mostly because it was the cheapest platform to pop decent springs & arbs onto, by the time the s13 had a decent aftermarket the ae86 was a great car for people to buy secondhand and go tracking ala a miata today
>>
>>17727716
This
Also people forget that in the anime the car had a $20,000 racing engine in it
>>
File: 1491068923151.jpg (77KB, 520x564px)
1491068923151.jpg
77KB, 520x564px
>>17727754
>a shitbox
>good
>>
>>17727783
yep, the 86 was pretty much the miata before the original NA came out.
>>
>>17727714
Slow, ugly shitbox
>>
Memes aside, yes it was a good car. A lot of people will say otherwise because they like to be contrarians but overall it was a good car for what it was.
In 1986, the Corolla GTS cost $10,688.00 Adjusted for inflation in 2017, it comes to $21,310. That's about average for the more optioned versions of typical commuter cars, such as the newer corollas and civics etc.
It also came with decent amenities for cars of that era, power locks, windows, mirrors. It had a lot of space for hauling things, especially with the hatchback version.

The AE86 Corolla was lightweight as well, only ~2300 lbs. Combined with the 1.6L I4 engine that it came with which produced 112HP, the power to weight ratio was good. The lightness of the car also provided it with good fuel economy, about 24MPG city and 30 highway.
It's good weight distribution and rear-wheel drive also made it a fun car to drive in.

So memes aside, it was a good car. Not particularly special by any means, especially when compared to other similar cars of the same era. But there is a reason why people who drive and own them like them so much.
>>
>>17727714

The whole point of Initial D was that Takumi was such an amazing driver for being able to win races in an old Corolla.

They handle well for an '80s economy car but they're slow as fuck.
>>
>>17728753
It didn't get the Formula Atlantic 4AGE until after Dagumi pulled meme magic all all over Akina and Gunma.
>>
File: IMAG1209e.jpg (575KB, 1145x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1209e.jpg
575KB, 1145x590px
I prefer it to every other car I've driven. It's not exceptionally great in any specific respect, aside from weight, but the overall package is the most fun I've had in a car. With new suspension, it's responsive and communicative. Yes, you're slow off the line, but you're in an 80s car. It's quick enough for its time. More so because it's so easy to maintain speed. Four disc brakes, LSD, proto-VVT, and that 4AGE sound feels pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXYXbdFS4Ak

>>17728919
>It had a lot of space for hauling things, especially with the hatchback version.
I've hauled four tires and an almost complete set of zenki interior pieces in mine before. Also used it to move. There is a ton of room.

>>17729114
They get to 60 in something like 8 seconds. Not far off from what you get in a stock Miata. Good for a mid 80s car. Doesn't feel slow unless you're watching the 300 hp commuters next to you blast off.
>>
>>17727714
>30 year old hatchback
>good

not gonna happen
>>
>>17729130
The engine he had before that wasn't stock though.
>>
>>17729215
Actually that pretty much defines slow in modern times anon.
>>
File: Tec arts 5.jpg (383KB, 1280x960px)
Tec arts 5.jpg
383KB, 1280x960px
>>17727714
there's a difference in quality of posts ITT.

Who are you going to listen to? These dudes?

>>17727716
>>17728779
>>17729795

OR these dudes

>>17727763
>>17728919
>>17729114
>>17729215

clearly we know which ones are the informative posters and which ones are the underage shitposters. OP stay away from Initial D. It is garbage and the replica of Takumi's 86 is played out and cringey
>>
I like them but for shitboxes from the same era I'd rather have an AW11.
>>
>>17729114
First stage and a bit of second stage was Takumi showing up various boy racers with fancy cars because most of them didn't know how to drive. About the only racer he raced with skill was simulations man. After that it was just anime meme magic.
>>
>>17730416
ok adult poster on 4chan
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.