[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/, just been wondering what makes a good "drift"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 10445.gif (2MB, 474x330px) Image search: [Google]
10445.gif
2MB, 474x330px
hey /o/, just been wondering what makes a good "drift" car.

If there's anything I want to learn how to do its drift. My town is pretty small and I'm pretty sure there's about 0 people in my town that do it, so I could be the one guy leaving skid marks all over the place.

So what does make a good drift car, what are some key things to look out for or essentials in a car that's meant for drifting. As much as I like the idea of fixing up an classic muscle and drifting in that I'm sure its much too heavy to do so unless I make some serious modifications.

one thing to note is that my towns roads are ass and whatever i'm driving has to have a relatively high ride. I know people with lancers and WRX STIs and they've scrapped the bottom of their cars just driving over some rough areas.

halp me /o/utists pic unrelated
>>
>>17726661
Classic muscle is great for drifting. My uncle has a 94 rwd mustang and it drifts amazingly.
>>
boi racer
>>
>>17726661
>one thing to note is that my towns roads are ass and whatever i'm driving has to have a relatively high ride.
Tell me about it. We've got shitty roads, snowy winters, and a complete lack of any windy roads where I live.

Before you buy anything though I'd recommend you practice hard turns and mess around in some parking lots in whatever you have already, so you have an idea of what you're getting into. Assuming you already have a car.
>>
You need a RWD car with shitty tires and a limited slip differential or welded differential - and manual transmission doesn't hurt.
>>
>>17726724
thats definitely the plan
>>17726691
when I say classic muscle im talking about cars from the 1960-1970s
>>
>>17726734
I plan to own 0 cars that are automatic
>>
You must be 18 or older to post on this website.
>>
>>17726770
>You must be 18 or older to post on this website.
original comment/10

try harder faggot
>>
>>17726691
>classic muscle
>94

frankly both the structure and content of your post makes it feel like a kenM comment.
>>
>>17726661
RWD, shitty weight distribution, shitty suspension, and too much power for your shit tires. Most drift cars are "sporty" cars instead of serious sports cars.

For example, a bnon stock miata is a terrible drift car and would start snap oversteering back and forth until you straightened out and crashed if you tried to break the rear out. Drifting a corner muncher like a miata, MR2, or 9186 takes some skill and retarded suspension setup. Maybe even a welded diff.

A 1986 corolla or fbody mustang is a great drift car.
>>
>>17726940
>RWD, shitty weight distribution, shitty suspension, and too much power for your shit tires
just to clear you're saying these are things I want for a drift car?
>>
>>17726964
Yes. You want a really shitty car.
>>
>>17726972
rip
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.