[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know they make a killing in other markets, but what made them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Mitsubishi-logo.png (60KB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsubishi-logo.png
60KB, 2000x1600px
I know they make a killing in other markets, but what made them stop caring about cars so much?
>>
>>17726389
When they realized their customer baser is mostly Filipino with low standards.
>>
>>17726389
Probably when the realization hit them how much they fucked themselves in the early to mid 2000's. They were a great company with good popular cars then just suddenly quit competing and released the blandest rehashes with no marketing behind them whatsoever and lost their momentum. The last lancer was pretty good but that was it, it was the only car that succeeded in the niche it was designed for which was just good cheap econoboxes. Then they kept it going with basically no changes to 2008 until 2015 or 2016 whenever they gave up.

They did it all to themselves.
>>
>>17726389
Their automotive division blew what little money they had on shit like the Outlander Sport and base model Lancers where they'd never be able to compete. I mean, what is a base model Lancer except a shitter Honda Civic or Subaru Impreza?

Also, their CEO fell for the electric vehicles meme.
>>
Eclipse was cool.
3000GT probably the coolest car of the 90's, besides Viper and Supra.
Lancer rally cars are/were legendary

All kinds of potential, but they just.... stopped doing what they did I guess. Now they do air conditioners and everything really.
>>
>>17726410
hm they did also pretty much shit all over the eclipse
>>
Also, Mitsubishi made the first ever Rice Cooker. It was for military trucks. So I guess they originated rice burner meme?
>>
Also, Hyundai/Kia sniped the spot of "cheap shitboxes for cheap shitlords" by actually making good cheap cars.
>>
>>17726454
>actually good
>
>>
>>17726397
Bullshit, most filipinos never stop talking about subarus. I only know one filipino with a lan evo ix and a few others bought the gen x, which doesn't compare to the amount of whites and chinese that drive lan evos.
>>
>>17726475
People constantly say Kia/ Hyundai stepped up their game, but my waifu had a '03 Optima with a sweet high revving 2.7L V6, and it ran great at 210k miles when we sold it. Literally no complaints about that early 2000's Kia, even the doors felt hefty, unlike Hondas and Toyotas of those years
>>
>>17726475
for what they cost, they're significantly better than shitsubishi mirages
>>
>>17726439
don't forget about the VR-4 galants.
>>
>>17726475
can't speak on the reliability side of things, but a new 16 Mirage was $11,300 with 67 hp while a new 16 Accent was $11,900 with 137hp.

I don't enjoy dying on onramps, so I made up my mind.
>>
>>17726389
the fact that they make a killing in other markets.

mitsubishi is pretty much just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks when it comes to its automotive stuff. sometimes they get something great, but most of the time its shit.
>>
File: 24141413434.jpg (66KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
24141413434.jpg
66KB, 680x671px
>>17726475
At least they're better than Nissan and Mitshitbishit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.