[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey a buddy of mine is selling his 2004 BMW 325i for $2700, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 00M0M_aCzZALaaUfb_600x450.jpg (27KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00M0M_aCzZALaaUfb_600x450.jpg
27KB, 337x450px
Hey a buddy of mine is selling his 2004 BMW 325i for $2700, and I'm thinking of buying it for every day use. It has 180000 miles and he recently brought it to the shop and had everything fixed up. All of the reviews are incredibly mixed; it seems that some people think its the perfect car and for others it's a nightmare. Should I buy it?
>>
>had everything fixed up
Elaborate.
water pump, alternator, battery, suspension items (LCAS, RTABS), fuel pump? What's been replaced and what hasn't, recently or ever?
None of this stuff is cheap and you're at about the right mileage for some of it to go out.
>>
>>17725630
dont. save your money for a 330
>>
>>17725630
Buy a civic instead
>>
>>17725645
He replaced the transmission and brakes, along with some of the interior things like new motors for the windows.
>>
>>17725663
This

Unless you dont care for the extra hp/torque

also check the cooling system as they like to take a shit.
>>
>>17725694
AC blows cold, I just want to know about the reliability.
>>
>>17725728
Engine cooling system not a/c.
>>
>>17725728
>doesn't know cooling system means radiator and water pump and coolant
this car is not for you.
>>
>>17725728
And with this comment, stay the fuck away from a nearly 20 year old BMW.

Your buddy is getting rid of it because the person at the shop told him its probably gonna be fucked soon and to get rid of it.
>>
>>17725754
>>17725761
Yeah, I figured as much, I'm not into cars at all, I just wanted to know if $2700 might have been a good enough deal to take and worry about repairs later.
>>
>>17725630
Buy a 330i, mine has 300k km on it, a blown headgasket, but it still drives good.
>>
>>17725774
it's not. what's wrong with your current car?
>>
>>17725779
Public transportation/bicycle.
>>
>>17725774
If you want a cheap reliable car get a civic or accord, or some toyota.

Used BMWs can be ticking time bombs of maintenance issues, and you will pay big time if you don't know how to fix it yourself.
>>
>>17725789
spend 2700 bucks on a civic instead.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.