[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to turn right (UK) >yield to long column of cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: knob.jpg (142KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
knob.jpg
142KB, 1200x630px
>want to turn right (UK)
>yield to long column of cars going the other way
>prepare to turn as the column is nearing its end and there's a lull in traffic
>the last guy in the column stops to let me turn

why do they do this?
>>
>>17722306
It's called being polite anon, give them a friendly wave and go about your business.
>>
>>17722322
I'm going to turn once he's passed anyway so he's only slowing himself down, and he has a rear view mirror to know that's the case.

It benefits no one and happens quite often.
>>
>>17722306
to block your view of the cyclist in the bus or bike lane that you are about to turn across
>>
>>17722328
I hope you're joking, otherwise you are honestly retarded.
>>
>>17722306
>why do they do this?
They're not paying proper attention to their mirrors, and it makes them feel like they're a nice person.

>>17722328
Most people have no idea about efficiency or how journeys work. They believe in 'road karma', where inconveniencing yourself to let people through means someone else will do if for you, or somehow 'pays off' or 'makes up for' tailgating or speeding.

I'm guessing you're a fairly new driver and/or autistic, though, since you haven't yet accepted that normies are terrible drivers and should just be automated, so I'll spell it out for you.
> Normies don't follow logic
> Anyone over 50 has no idea of how modern roads work
> Anyone over 60 is likely to have a panic attack on a complex junction
> Magical thinking abounds on the road
> You can't change it.
> Just accept the bad logic, wave thanks, and despair in private.

If you want to make the roads more efficient, try memorising timings between green lights on busy roads, and stick to the speed that gets you through them just as they turn green. Then learn how that speed changes depending on the traffic queue.
You'll also pick up strange habits like slowing down randomly on fast roads because 'there might be a speed camera there this time', or recognising people's vehicles on your commute and making decisions based on what you KNOW they'll do because you know them. You may even find yourself worrying because you don't see someone for a week after some bad weather, and hoping they didn't fall off their shitty little oil-burning scooter.
>>
>>17722306
If this is your biggest issue while diving you have it good and need to stop complaining
>>
>>17722531
>not believing in road karma

I can smell your calcified third eye from here.
>>
I sometimes catch myself absent mindedly doing this and then slap myself.

I do actually see there's no one behind me. In fact, subconsciously that's probably why I do it - because I'm not unconveniencing anyone else by giving way. I only realize how stupid that is once I've done it and it's too late to speed back again.
>>
>>17722519

No I got fucked in an accident like this one time.
>making left turn in my ranger on a one lane 2 way street
>no light but break in double solid
>waiting for the cars to end
>"good guy" stops and motions me to go
>a little uneasy but it is only one lane I have to look out for
>making left turn
>BOOM
>thrown onto sidewalk and smash my head on my window
>Kia went around on the little shoulder because he thought guy was making a left

Insurance told me that the police report and even the guy that hit me told the same story as me, but it didn't matter because I was the one who made the turn even though he illegally passed. I agree I was supposed to make sure 100 percent no cars were approaching, but I think this one was mostly shit luck.
>>
>>17722772
Drivers aren't so bad/impatient in the UK, though.
>>
>>17724425
>>
I hate it when people yield their right-of-way for no reason. I get that they're trying to be nice, but doing that adds confusion and uncertainty to the situation. Not to mention other drivers may not be expecting you to do that or arent paying attention. It would save us both time if you just went on your way and let me get on mine.
>>
>>17722519
No way. this pisses me off too.

Not as much as the dick infront of you that performs an emergency stop with no indication only for you to discover hes stopped to let someone out.
FUCK YOU ASSHOLE I HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOU'RE STOPPING DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.