[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stories about people who shouldn't own classic cars. >Selling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

Stories about people who shouldn't own classic cars.

>Selling a 4age engine
>Guy says he needs it for his ae85
>Ok
>Guy shows up in a really nice fixed 50's ford pick up with airbag suspension.
>Chucks 4age in the back

>Really you are going to just chuck it in the back?

>Yeah, at the end of the day no matter how old or nice a truck get's it's a truck and was designed for carrying things.
>I believe classic cars should be used and get scratched up like any other car instead of sitting in a garage.

>MFW....
>>
get fucked
>>
>4A GE
>Good

Pick one
>>
So, you're saying you shouldn't own a classic? Because that's all I got out of that.
>>
Well I mean he's not wrong that cars shouldn't just sit in a garage 90% of the time but I'd flip my fucking shit if someone scratches the paint that I spent 1000s of hours getting right.
>>
>>17720456
Sitting in a garage and not being used actually causes a car to deteriorate.
>>
>>17720465
Yep...

He has a classic ford pick up that's all fixed up and shiny and he still carries stuff around in the back and doesn't care about scratching it it because

>It'd be stupid to have a truck and not use it
>>
>>17720456
>I'm going to drop thousands of dollars and months of my time into rebuilding a vehicle just so I can let it sit in my garage and rub my microfiber dick on it every other night instead of using it for the purpose it was designed

kys my man
>>
>>17720456

Are you a grill?
>>
What a moron, the whole point of a classic car is to have an expensive paperweight that you never touch
>>
>>17720508
A 1950's truck should only be driven on weekends.

It shouldn't be driven around by some douche bag 5 days a week who uses it to pick up parts for his drift car.
>>
>>17720537
>driving on weekends
Yeah, no. What if it rains? Or if it's dusty outside? What if a clueless driver crashes into it? Classic cars should not leave the garage except on enclosed trailers to go to another garage.
>>
It's his truck. Let him do what he wants with it. It's not like a car can only be restored a single time, dumb fuck.
>>
>>17720464
>Your bait
>Good
Pick one
>>
>>17720456
me on the right
>>
>>17720456
Fuck off op. Keep classics on the road.
>>
He shoulda ripped a fat skid on the way out
>>
>>17720547
Depends how irreplaceable it is to be fair. If I owned some one-of-two ever made unicorn from a company that only existed for six months for which there are no replacement parts whatsoever I'd be inclined to never let it out of a protective enclosure, not that I would have something like that because that's fucking stupid and boring.
>>
>owns shitbox corolla
>worried about other people's cars
Everyday, I find something new to hate about you tofu niggers.
>>
that guy sounds like someone i'd respect desu even if they're working on a fucking tofubox and bagged a classic pickup
the point of cars is to use them, treat them well so they can last for a long long time but don't lock them up to never be seen again except by other stuffy rich assholes
>>
>>17720600
Keep them on the road by putting them in the garage where they will be safe and not crashed in to.
>>
>>17720673
>keep them on the road by not ever having them on the road
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>17720456
I agree. There's a huge difference between using it and abusing it like he did
>>
>>17720484
retard you don't need to scratch the paint to "use it"
>>
>>17720456

unless he literally picked up the 4age and threw it onto the bed like fucking hulk, I don't see the problem
>>
>>17720456
My 60k truck has scratches on bed from carrying shit. Fight me !!
>>
File: 6406.jpg (378KB, 900x612px) Image search: [Google]
6406.jpg
378KB, 900x612px
no, i'm sorry but the whole point of a truck is that it is a utility vehicle, isn't it?
>>
>>17720537
I fuck with 1950s trucks heavy, they're fucking tanks man I was looking at a 1954 international all original had been an outdoor only farm truck it's whole life with lax maintenance, turn key all lights come on, and motor turns over but doesn't start because no gas, I would be most inclined to drive 50s trucks over any classic
>>
>owns a truck
>use it like a truck
>bad thing
Wow op
>>
>>17720484
>classic ford pick up that's all fixed up and shiny and he still carries stuff around in the back and doesn't care about scratching it
I guess he's fucked either way, because if he was letting it sit in his yard, you'd be bitching about how boomers let classics go to shit.
>>
>>17720869
>International
My nigga
>>
>>17720860
Not when it's from the 50's.
>>
>>17720846
Why would he do that?

That'd would probably break something on the engine he just paid for.
>>
Cars are meant to be cherished by being used. His truck is receiving honorable last days, get fucked.
>>
>>17722412
what, did they just buy trucks for looks back then? oh wait no that's now
listen i get it, i want these cars to live to see the 22nd century and i don't like ratrodding and intentionally abusing cars but making sure these things are seen as cars and not museum pieces is just as important
some of these cars are going to live forever in showrooms, some of them are going to live shorter lives doing what they're supposed to and that's great too
>>
>Beign this much of a boomer

Museums preserve history if you're so into that. They have classic cars, modern cars, all of it, sitting there so you can remember what it looked like, how it worked, how it smelled, how it felt, who made it, why they made it, and why it's gone.

People experience it because if they were going to preserve it, they would be running a museum.

My dream is to buy a two stroke sportbike and run it every fucking day until spare parts don't exist for the original engine anymore, and then sell the rolling chassis to a collector who takes pride in shining up non-running shit to park in his garage.
>>
why dont pickups just have very thick plastic or rubber coating from factory?

T: nobody here in binland has pickup so i dont know :D
>>
>>17722446
honestly, this guys "abused" truck is probably going to remain a runner for far longer than museum pieces since he probably constantly repairs (but probably not always with original parts. points went out, time for electronic ignition!). a lot of museum cars don't even fire up anymore, and the few that are capable of being made to run are pretty much filled with oil.
>>
>>17722464
>2 stroke
>run it till it dies

that wouldnt take long
>>
so?
better than having it locked up in some fucking garage never to be seen/driven
it can always be repainted you faggots
>>
>>17722472
If you premix and don't treat them like shit they can last a few tens of thousands of miles before needing work.

I think one of the classic yamahas is compatible with parts from one of their snowmobiles so that would be a good bet
>>
>>17722480
desu my dream is to buy one of those shitboxes that everyone's already forgotten about like a buick opel and keep it looking decent but never amazing and drive it past a million miles
>>
>>17720456
There is literally nothing wrong with this
>>17720485
>microfibre dick
Kek
>>
File: IMG_20170725_175903.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170725_175903.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>17720456
>>Yeah, at the end of the day no matter how old or nice a truck get's it's a truck and was designed for carrying things.
>>I believe classic cars should be used and get scratched up like any other car instead of sitting in a garage.

there's nothing wrong with either of these statements. used my old Ford to haul a few old couches to the dump the other day. at the end of the day, its a fucking truck. it was built to work, so I use it for work.
>>
>>17720869
>classic international truck
You are a scholar and a gentleman.
>>
>>17722555
yeah but would it kill you to put a blanket or something down first?
>>
File: autism.jpg (45KB, 720x300px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
45KB, 720x300px
>>17720456
>guy has truck
>guy uses truck to haul thing
oh god no!
>>
>>17720456
nigga he used the truck bed to transport cargo. the fuck you want him to do?
>>
File: 2015-08-11_17-07-58_444.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-11_17-07-58_444.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>17722689
It's a fucking painted wooden flatbed. Does it matter? And you act like bedliners don't exist or something.
>>
>>17720456
>Old man with more money than you fixed up classic truck
>Actually uses it instead of letting it deteriorate in a garage
>Autist spergs out and says he shouldn't drive it or use it for practical purposes

This is the most autistic I've ever seen on /o/.

Do you know how cheap it is to fix scratches and paint in a bed? Who fucking cares? Do you have a job? You realize it's not an issue at all for people with professional jobs to fix an old truck bed once a year. Let the man live, faggot.
>>
>>17722778
I'm sure the OP truck had an actual steel bed, although most beds back then had wooden bed floors. Nowadays a good replacement wooden bed floor can be damn expensive and time consuming to do right there's no way I'd beat the shit out of it.
>>
>>17720456
lol, the OP is my friends ex.
>>
I refuse to believe this thread is anything else but a very well taught out bait.
There is no way a person could be autistic to think that he could write that up on /o/ and have people agree with him
>>
>>17720622
>missing the sarcasm this hard

fucking tard
>>
>>17720456
That's a person who should own a classic car.

Because if he beats the shit out of it like that and it still looks great, then he is consistently maintaining it and keeping perfect.

Plus, 99% of cars are made to be driven. And owning anything besides a base Civic means that you want to enjoy driving to some extent. Buying and not driving a classic car, is like buying the most delicious steak, and then putting it in a glass case in your fridge. The steak has no purpose if it is not going to be eaten.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.