[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im convinced that Chevrolet is actually selling trucks with HID

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
Im convinced that Chevrolet is actually selling trucks with HID bulbs in halogen housings to people. Theres no way everyone around me is stupid enough to do this to their truck themselves. Im convinced it's standard now.
>>
Looks good kys
>>
>>17717830
why do you love burning the retinas of oncoming drivers?
>>
File: IMG_8322.jpg (79KB, 800x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8322.jpg
79KB, 800x661px
>>17717830
Lemme guess, you wanted HID's but were too poor or stupid to retrofit projectors first?
>>
>>17718368
Pretty sure it's both, anon
There's a correlation
>>
>>17717565
I have projector housings but the bulb itself is halogen.

Its a Veloster so I'm ok with the fact that they had to coat-cut somewhere, but now I want to get some LED bulbs to stick in there, but everybody tells me not to.
>>
>>17718420
Everybody is right. Your projector housing was designed specifically and very precisely for the exact filament placement and light pattern of an H7 halogen bulb. The net result is a very carefully crafted light pattern that has to comply with exactling federal and/or international standards.
The LED that can mimic this perfectly has not yet been invented. Instead, you'll get one that fires light around willy-nilly based on some marketer's whims, perfunctory development by a "lighting" "engineer" who clearly couldn't make it at a real supplier, and the finest in cut-rate Chinese manufacturing tolerances. The only way one of those lights will ever put sufficient output where it's supposed to go is if it fires an absurd amount of glare off.
If you want to upgrade your H7s, consider buying Philips X-treme Vision H7s on Amazon. They're $22 a pair and will actually be an upgrade.
>>
>>17718420
If you have projectors, go for it! They exist so the light doesn't scatter and blind people like in the pic.
Just make sure the led will fit as there are different types of projectors.
I actually did a retrofit a while ago on my car and honestly as long as you angle the projectors correctly you wont be considered a douche.
>>
>>17718465
fuck did i say led i meant hid. Do not do led unless you want hyperflashing.
>>
>>17718477

Even HIDs in Halogen projectors will cause issues. If a person wants to run HIDs the right way, their best best is to retrofit TRUE HID projectors into their existing housings.

While, yes... they will be a "cut-off" with HIDs in a projector housing, you'll still have glare, lots of foreground (Not crap for distance vision) and no width.

LEDs in ANY housing is even worse.... Unless they are Factory made LEDs (Some cars come factory with LEDs)
>>
>>17718477
HID looks too complicated to do and do correctly as it would apparently involve some wire splicing and soldering. My plebeian brain can handle just swapping out a bulb though.

>>17718458
Genuine thanks for the Phillips rec. Theyre cheaper than Silverstar Ultras.
>>
>>17718458
This guy knows.
>>
Are projection housings really that expensive? Why don't all cars have them?

My 2010 Accord came with them stock with halogens, I dropped in 36w LED bulbs and there's a strict cutoff so the light isn't high enough to hit other drivers. Even the shitty chevy Cruze rental I had was using projector lenses.
>>
>lifted truck with HID in reflector housings
>three light bars on
>fog lights on
>salt life sticker

God just fucking kill me
>>
>>17718660
Literally every truck in North Carolina, especially the Salt Life sticker.
>>
>>17718663

I live in Nevada dude. A fucking desert.

I still see them on every lifted truck.
>>
>>17718670
Good god m8. People are retards.

At least the Carloinafags will drive theirs on the beach.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.