[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /o/, I have a Chrysler 300 with the 3.6 Pentastar Engine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1823.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1823.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Sup /o/,

I have a Chrysler 300 with the 3.6 Pentastar Engine - a couple of days ago I went to overtake a car and my car started misfiring - the check engine light flashed every time I pressed the gas and there was a vibration on the engine. It sorted itself out, and I've had the car at the dealership and it didn't have any error codes.

Now, whenever I'm sitting at a light there will be a small shudder and slight drop in RPM's but goes back to normal - I also find when I accelerate faster there's a bit of delay in throttle response.

I had a cylinder head replaced under warranty but that still didn't figure it out - now the rpms flutter a lot more at idle.

>inb4 FCA shill
>>
>>17717524
>buying a v6 300
you're getting what you deserve fampai.
>>
you have a lemon
offload it onto an afro american
>>
>>17717524
If its under warranty let them figure it out.
Otherwise check chrysler/dodge forums for whatever engine code it was
>>
Check engine light flashed... And you have no codes?

You are lying to us, or the dealership lied to you.

Also, a cylinder head?
You mean you had a new head put on the engine? Why? What was going, who told you that needed to happen and who did the work?

I would guess you're pretty far up shit Creek, but this doesn't happen . OBD2 is very fussy, and doesn't forget anything unless someone tells it to or the battery is unplugged.

Maybe bad fuel, maybe a coil... But there were codes.

What were they?
>>
Probably dirty gasoline.

Finish all the gas in your tank, do a full refill of premium V power and add an injector cleaning additive.

Bonus: change the gasoline filter.
>>
>>17717838
>bad gas
it's not 1950 anymore
>>
If it's missing on acceleration, it could be a air leak behind the MAF sensor.
>>
>>17717846
It can happen you stupid fuck, the fuel in the tank could have been contaminated with some slimy shit or water.
>>
>>17717524
What is the engine number? It should be on the driver's side valve cover and start with TPHE1 or TPNE8.
>>
>>17717846

If you fill at a station that has their tanks being filled by the semi

I guarantee there's more shit being stirred around in that in ground tank than you want in your tank.

You ever cleaned an old heating oil tank or a boat gas tank?

Now tell be how were immune from this in 2018

Were not getting the full story from op still.

It's a troll thread till further clarification happens.
>>
>>17718413
>It's a troll thread till further clarification happens.
It's fucking sad how true this is on/o/
>>
>>17717524
>Chrysler
That's the problem
>>
>>17717524
Op, since only a few seem to be remotely helpful on this board. Check all the spark plugs, make sure they are all burning similar. If it is when the engine is under load i guarantee it is either spark plugs, coils or injectors. Start by checking those.
>>
>>17718413
He gave enough clarification for someone with a basic knowledge of cars to have an idea of what to look at.
>>
>>17718680

He claimed the check engine light flashed and it didn't throw a code you morons.

Not to dick wave, but this weekend I had my hands underneath an s1600 Freightliner, finishing up swapping a 6.9 from a pickup into it.

I guarantee you I'm one of the more helpful diagnostic folks on /o/, but from my first post itt we need to clear up several things before we go further.

I bet it's a bad coil, something no one has suggested so far, and I also suspect his idle issue is unrelated to the Accel/flashing cel incident.

Till we get clarification though, he said pentastar and we all replied.

Op, where are ya?
>>
By what he said, it's gotta be something that comes and goes.

He references some major warrantee work... By saying a cylinder had a head replaced. That's not how that works, so what was done? I dont think this is related either, but hard telling not knowing.

Sensors freaked on him once.
Sounds like he's running a bit lean with the hesitation on Accel and bump in idle. Could be explained by a fouled o2 sensor or something. Either way that's .oat likely a maf/o2/ecu discrepancy, which WOULD throw codes...
>>
>>17718842
I thought of a coil a couple hours ago when this was first up but I also keyed in on the no codes business so I decided to sit this one out because something isn't right. It seems to be another one of those weird threads where op throws out a problem and then proceeds to claim all suggestions have been done or proven ok while also being a faggot.
>>
>>17718914
The ignition coil not being properly being in contact with the spark plug is a common problem from our dyno testing. The rubber gasket on the ignition coil can cause installation issues if the coil isn't pushed in hard enough to the valve cover so that contact can be made with the spark plug.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.