[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>craigslist help thinking of buying a car from craigslist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1434933106787s.jpg (3KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
1434933106787s.jpg
3KB, 108x125px
>craigslist help
thinking of buying a car from craigslist.
some people i see are asking $8K or above of physical cash on hand.

is this a joke or are people just gonna carry around $8K worth of bills for a car purchase?

any other tips for craigslist buying i should worry about so i dont get fucked over?
>>
Usually for transactions like that you would go to the bank and get the cash after you decide you like the car and wish to purchase it. Some other shit you wanna do is meet somewhere public with cameras, some cop shops even let you do Craig's List transactions in their parking lot. Never take out cash before you have seen the title, looked over the car, and are sure you want to buy it. If you are intending on haggling on the price, never show them the cash you brought, tell them you brought X amount of money and that's all you have. Set the price you absolutely want to pay as X, and if they want more than that, give them your info and walk away. Bring a friend, and ask the seller if you can take the car to a mechanic for an inspection before you purchase it.
>>
>>17716414
>is this a joke or are people just gonna carry around $8K worth of bills for a car purchase?

Its not a joke and let me tell you how craigslist meet ups go down if you decide to buy a car with that much cash.

either you
>meet up at sellers house
>check car out
>decide you want and go to the closest bank
>take money out and go back to sellers house and pay him/her

or
>meet up with seller at bank
>check out car
>decide you want it and withdraw money.

its not rocket science

Also I have a friend that always has $10k on him for some reason. so yeah some people do have money like that on them.

ALSO make sure to bring a friend.

Buying cars privately on CL can be a headache sometimes but will always be better than buying from a stealership no matter what anyone says
>>
>>17716414
Yeah I bought a car with 13k in cash. Had to go to 2 bank branches to get that much cash.

I've also accepted checks for cars because I know cash is cumbersome. I hold onto the title and bill of sale until there's no chance of a cancelled check. I give them one car key and a receipt that says they are responsible for the car from that day forward and if the check doesn't clear I will go pick it up. Most middle class white people aren't out to scam anyone.
>>
>>17718585
>Most middle class white people aren't out to scam anyone.

wrong. those are the people you trust the lease.

especially if they are eastern european-americans
>>
>>17718605
least*
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.