[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this shit too good to be true? Looking for a first car an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

Is this shit too good to be true? Looking for a first car and spotted this classic meme for what looks to be a steal. Thoughts /o/?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/708178655/overview/
>>
ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust
>>
>>17715903
I'm looking at trading my Maxima for one with 90k miles. he only wanted $700 cash if I didn't want to trade & honestly he's making out on the deal, but I dig AW11's.
they just seem to sell for cheap so i'd believe it
>>
>>17715913
is this likely a big issue though? It doesn't seem that bad from the pics
>>
File: rusty piece of junk.jpg (64KB, 992x488px) Image search: [Google]
rusty piece of junk.jpg
64KB, 992x488px
Buying used 1980's cars 101
>NEVER FUCKING BUY A TOYOTA OR MAZDA FROM THE NORTH
>>
>>17716073
Well it's local because I'm in NJ, my friend bought a used Mazda from NJ because he lives here as well and his is great, why what's typically wrong with NJ cars
>>
File: septemberAW11.jpg (25KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
septemberAW11.jpg
25KB, 600x450px
>>17715903
i bought one in this condition a few days ago. Be prepared for shit tons of rust spots, lots of fixing, and lots of shit not working, fortunately i lucked out with mine being transmissioned and engine swapped.
>pic related
>my car i bought
>>
>>17716084
Snow + 1986 = Rust
>>
>>17716088
Sweet, cool that you lucked out there

>>17716090
Is that really that atrocious of a mess though that it's not worth getting for the price? It's claimed to run fine so would possible repair costs really outweigh the deal here?
>>
>>17716098
No, it's not. Inspect the car carefully to make sure it's not falling apart, and if it seems decent, it will be fine. You will have some maintenance no matter what but it's all easy enough to do on these cars, and parts are cheap. You don't need any particularly specialized tools to work on them and they're simple electrically. Really, so long as the frame is solid you can't go wrong, especially if you negotiate even further down.
>>
>>17716109
Sounds good, I don't lurk on here as much as I should so that said, what are the not-so-obvious things for a first-time-buyer to look out far in terms of making sure it's worth buying?
>>
>>17716114
If possible jack up the car a little and look underneath, if there are any large rust holes I'd stay away if you're not looking for a beater. Make sure there isn't a ton of fluids leaking from the car, take it up to at least 70 on the test drive if possible, make sure it goes into all gears well. When you get back from the test drive, leave it running in neutral with the parking brake on for a while, talk to the seller or inspect the car while you do this, make sure it doesn't overheat sitting or die out, etc. Basically make sure everything works, headlights, high and low, heat/ac, wipers, radio, everything. Anything they didn't mention in the ad can be used to drive the price down a bit, but don't be too greedy. Just casually point it out and say you're not sure it's worth as much to you with whatever. When you make an offer, wait for they seller to respond, don't comment before they say if it's acceptable.

this is all random shit off the top of my head so it's a mess. Have a 20v head as well.
>>
>>17716084
Andreas?
>>
>>17716137
Thanks very much, the advice is appreciated. Hopefully I'll come back with good news in due time.

>>17716149
Nah
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.