[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mazda- to-launch-skyactiv-x-eng

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: Mazda-MX5-RF-Profile-1280x720[1].jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-MX5-RF-Profile-1280x720[1].jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
http://blog.caranddriver.com/mazda-to-launch-skyactiv-x-engine-with-compression-ignition-in-2019/

Isn't it a little misguided to be so committed to gas to have developed this tech despite the growing prevalence of electrics? Why is Mazda the only(?) large manufacturer to not have a hybrid/electric vehicle?
>>
>>17710631

because Mazda is awesome
>>
Mazda sells PHEVs in Japan, and can just borrow Toyota technology. Mazda recognizes that there will still be a market for ICE for awhile and that the infrastructure for an EV world isn't there yet.
>mazda
>large
They're one of the smallest, which is good for them. They can afford to be different.
>>
Because Mazda knows that ice isn't going away
>>
>>17710631
my wife's boyfriend really likes the skyactiv in our mazda
>>
>>17710631
>more manufscturers go electric
>gas prices drop because muh supply and demand
>emissions restrictions for cars plateau once gubmints can no longer justify fucking over the small number of car manufacturers still using ICEs in their now mostly electric lineup.
>ICE is kept for economy cars, sports cars, and heavy work trucks/4WDs once consumers realise replacing battery packs every few years is fucking expensive.
>>
>>17711007
Will be interesting to see what those zionist cunts do when their gasoline tax revenue drops off due to electric cars.
I know in eurabia, it's like an additional $1 / gall on of diesel over there added to the price and here in the states it's ~$0.40 / gallon of gasoline and similar for diesel.
That's a lot of revenue disappearing...they going to add a fucking kWh tax on charging stations lmao?
>>
>developed dorito engine
>not falling for the turbo meme
>dedicate themselves to perfecting the ICE against all odds

Mazda is really /o/ur guy
>>
>>17711047
the new miata is one hell of a good looking car in person too
>>
>>17711063
Its way cuter looking in person.
For whatever reason it always looks off in pictures.
>>
>>17711072
he means mazda haven't fallen for the hack job of just slapping a turbo on a tiny engine for emissions and EPA ratings.
Their new turbo engines are pretty damm cool. they actually bring the turbo on boost where its needed. The cx9 has butt loads of torque right where you always drive
>>
>>17711072
Mazda didn't start slapping a turbo into everything they had and called it a day. They're very vocal against lag and the drawbacks of turbo engines. Instead, they developed more efficient NA engines that will outlive any Ecoboostâ„¢ engine.
>>
>>17711063
I can't decide whether I want a 124 spider or a miata. They're both so damn good looking and so unique. They only thing making me lean towards the miata is that the 124 only has a 1.4 engine with 22 psi shoved down it's throat. I understand why Fiat did it but Mazda's 2.0 will certainly go farther.
>>
>>17710631
>despite the growing prevalence of electrics

Only lefty cucks like you believe this.

The trend is actually cars larger than sedans like crossovers.
>>
>>17710631
Mazda and 'yota are going in together to build a plant in America for a new electric car, early 2020s.
>>
>>17710670
The infrastructure for EV will never be there.

The world can't even agree on a common AC power plug and socket.
>>
>>17711100

The skyactiv-X might make its way to the miata... which could mean 190-200hp supercharged engine in a 2400lb package
>>
>>17710631
Because Mazda has always been fucking based.
>>
>>17711007
>more manufacturers go electric

That's not really true.

Virtue signalling is different than actually submitting car production schedule to your investors and the press/market.

It's easy to virtue signal but hard to convince your board that represent different interests and then the rest of your investors.

In other words, put money where your mouth is which is what many politicians aren't doing.

I laugh when I see some of these European politicians say ICE is banned in the year, 2040, when back in the 1960s, everyone thought the Jestsons was gonna come to life and we would have moving sidewalks everywhere and jetpack use plus flying cars.
>>
>>17711063
Too bad it's slower than a minivan.
>>
>>17711100
before they were released i was team fiat but the miata is easily the better car

you can get centrifugal superchargers for them now too, gg
>>
>>17711047
Feels good seeing all these liberals piss and moan online when Mazda made their announcement: Hurr durr spend more money on batteries instead of perfecting ICE (because we're scared our false icon, Elon Musk, might go into bankruptcy and we'll have wasted too much taxpayer money propping him up)

F
>>
>>17711199
Tesla is a joke and they will go to shit once Trump takes back all the government handouts they get.
>>
>>17711187

you're thinking of the gt86, the ND hits 60 at 6 seconds flat
>>
>>17711207
It's sad Tesla sends it shill army to defend its cheap, ugly, empty interior., too.
>>
File: thumb_13344_default_large.jpg (111KB, 1199x581px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_13344_default_large.jpg
111KB, 1199x581px
>>17711188
>forcing induction instead of having a no fuss na meme machine that revs to 7400
smdh
>>
>>17710631
>Isn't it a little misguided to be so committed to gas to have developed this tech despite the growing prevalence of electrics?
The R&D project for the HCCI engines obviously wasnt kicked off yesterday. More like it was started 5-7 years ago, back when electrical vehicles were still a fairytale dream.
Also ICE ARE going away, just not as fast as some people would have it.

>Why is Mazda the only(?) large manufacturer to not have a hybrid/electric
Mazda is tiny as fuck. Only like 1.5mil cars produced a year globally.

Also, Toyota is a major shareholder of Mazda, and they will be teaming up for hybrid/electric vehicles.
>>
>>17710670
Why change from gas honestly, evs are just moving the gas consumption to a different location, theyre not the future, just another option
>>
>>17711250
You can blame European regulations for that. I wish Fiat would've given us a bigger engine option in America. Such a damn shame.
>>17711240
Just wait until they team up with Apple to create the iCar :^)
>>
>>17711212
Wow, 6 seconds. That's literally slower than any better minivan.
>>
>>17711277
Don't you have a bus to catch?
>>
>>17711171
I'm praying for the rotary hybrid the world needs.
>>
Everyone was trying to get this to work. mazda won.
>>
>>17710631
Mazda is bae. Plus their hcci is looking really good.
>>
>>17710631
ICE will be around for at least another 40 years, there has been no clear solution for electric's range and charging times that has been brought to market.

And mazda has built hybrids, and even has patents in place for rotary hybrids.
>>
>>17710631
Nissan leaf and Miata owner here.

The ICE isn't going anywhere soon. Mazda is indeed working on EVs and hybrids. They have plans for a rotary range extended EV.
>>
>>17712112
Its been working for a while, Honda was using it in its F1 engines, its just mazda thinks it has made it reliable.
>>
>>17711264
>Why change from gas honestly, evs are just moving the gas consumption to a different location, theyre not the future, just another option
Large engines have a higher degree of efficiency.
Modern ship engines can reach over 40 % thermal efficiency.
Powerplant boilers even more...

And lets not forget powerplants run on other things than hydrocarbons....

Lastly, quite a few countries have 100% renewable energy...

In other words, you're an idiot...
>>
>>17712384
Nobody has the power grid to match mass EV adoption

The solution isn't better cars, it's less cars.
>>
>>17710631
Now this is pod racing
>>
>>17710680
my dad has a 3 with skyactive and he likes it as well. i drove it a couple times and it had decent power and got great mileage compared to what i'm used to
>>
>>17712391
Well try convincing third world nations of not copying the model that's pretty is exemplified by the US.

Honestly the end game solution is less people which will happen either way.
>>
File: ebin upvote.jpg (212KB, 663x478px) Image search: [Google]
ebin upvote.jpg
212KB, 663x478px
>>17710631
:DDDDDD SgoyAgdibe degnology is sooooo gomblecated :DDDDDDDDD
maek moar electrics haha tesla elon musk XD :DDDDDDDDDD
>>
So the 2.5L SkyActiv-X could have 250HP/250TRQ. I doubt they will ever get a new rotary engine working, but if they could make an elongated Miata chassis with a hard top and drop this in, I'd be happy. Call it the MX-7 or something.
>>
>>17711266
2.0 swapped fiatas seem like a realistically common thing to happen in the future
>>
Mazda isnt a large company

theyre too poor to go electric and go figure ignorant /o/ eats it up
>>
>>17711266
Is it some Fiat only regulation, because Mazda sell the 2L ND without issue?
The reality is that Fiat is just a shitty company.
>>
Why does nobody seem to care about hydrogen?
I guess toyota uses some sort of hydrogen celled battery, but I never see anyone mention it.
Hydrogen combustion engines would also be easy to do, but I suppose people are scared of it blowing up.
>>
>>17713235
Or the cost of a base model hydrogen car is more than a fully loaded electric car which is more expensive than an ICE car.
The other side being hydrogen has the least infrastructure, elect has the 2nd least infrastructure and ICE has the most.

Then you can talk about safety concerns.
>>
>>17711063

When I first saw pics online I wasnt that into the design but goddamn it does look better in person
so much so that I ended up buying one
>>
>>17713182
Tesla is so poor that they are begging for more money again.
>>
>>17713235
Japan cares about hydrogen and they will wipe Musk's grin by 2020.
>>
>>17712358
Mazda just figured out an economical model faster than the other manufactures.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.