[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23 and used to ride back when I was 16-18 and a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: kawasakiz.png (434KB, 2000x1123px) Image search: [Google]
kawasakiz.png
434KB, 2000x1123px
I'm 23 and used to ride back when I was 16-18 and a lot of offroad.

I really want to get myself another bike and my budget was $3800. (I have more but don't want to really spend it).

I went to the dealer and the recommended a street racer and not a sport bike. I will be doing roughly 80km per day and weekend joyrides with the gf on the back.

The look of the bike is really important to me, I want something aggressive/sporty.

The dealer wanted to sell me a 2017 Kawasaki Z650 (In the picture) I test drove the bike and it does feel good and I really enjoy the street racer class.

What else would you guys recommend? Taking into consideration that I would prefer second hand, and budget is roughly $3800. (The Kawasaki Z650 new is $8000 :/)
>>
Bump please
>>
Honda of some sort. If your girlfriend isn't short and skinny you might want to consider not getting a sport bike, plus they're kinda hard on the butt
>>
>>17709543
I was considering a Honda CB1000R.

Found a second hand one 2011, 11000km for $6150.

Would the 1000cc on a street racer be to much for me as a still newish rider? (I know a sports bike would be way to much)

Thanks!
>>
>>17709543
She is very short and unfortunately putting on a bit of weigh lately. (She is only 8kg less than me)

Think because we have been together for 3.5 years she thinks she has caught me and therefor constantly eats trash, but thats for another thread
>>
Is 3800 for everything or only the bike?
If only bike, then you can get a low miles SV650, they are stupid reliable and are everywhere, think Honda civic.
If you only have 3800 for everything, then you need to set 1000 for gear, and this is coming from someone that crashed on a highway doing 60+, gear will save you, you will be sore for couple of days, but nothing will be fucked up.

Good luck, and take MSF

>>17709553
Depends on your discipline and throttle control, people can start off on Turbo Busas for all I care, but they will not outride the bike. Bunch of people get 250R and ride the tits out of them, and are much better rider at end of the day.
>>
>>17709565
Budget is ideally $3800 just for the bike but willing to go to $8000 if i REALLY have to. Have spare money for gear. Will definitely get gear!

What is MSF?
>>
>>17709565
What is your opinion on Suzuki GSXR 750's? There is one for sale, lady driver, loads of extra's and she is asking $7100. Quite a lot but looks so good in my opinion.

Link to bike: https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/pietermaritzburg/2011-suzuki-gsx+r-750-lady-owner-lots-of-extras-like-brand-new-immaculate-condition/1002061137420910783995009
>>
File: suzuki.jpg (161KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
suzuki.jpg
161KB, 800x600px
>>17709590
The bike she is selling
>>
Make sure to remember gear.
>>
>>17709430
klr 650 any year
>>
>>17709606
>klr 650
Will look into it ty!
>>
>>17709579
>>17709590
>>17709594
Lady owner or not, it's all about if it's been fucked around and dropped. Talk to the owner, if he/she is really compassionate about the bike and has all the service then yea, the bike should be in good standing. IF the person that is trying to sell the bike is just half assing, trying to get rid of the bike, then there's something wrong with it. So gender does nothing, there plenty of girls that do stupid shit, revbomb/go 200+, same goes for guys, but the ones that have all of meticulous records are the ones you should buy.

Find someone that knows bikes in and out, a mechanic or someone that can tell if the bike has been modified to a standard that is dangerous. You can go and buy the Suzuki thinking it's almost brand new, with only 15K, but it could been in a accident that's not reported and put back together in a garage.

Btw, think of that roads you want to go, and are around you. Is it bunch of trails, maybe you live near a mountain and can hit some sick roads, maybe it's all highway and going 100+ is cruising speed, check those variables.
>>
>>17709623
Highly appreciate the advice. This is extremely helpful thank you!
>>
>>17709623
What sort of year should I not touch or KM for reliability.

Should I even consider anything under 2006?
>>
>>17709430
if you're also interested in something faired but still with a more relaxed position you should look into something like the Ninja 650 or CBR650F. Both would be good bikes for you if you like the look.
>>
>>17709676
I will look at both of these thank you. Really noobie question but what does the "F" stabd fir ub CBR650F? Thanks
>>
OP here. Does anyone have opinions on a Kawasaki ER6-N?
>>
File: IMG_1047-1.jpg (3MB, 4148x2765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1047-1.jpg
3MB, 4148x2765px
>>17709639
I bought my bike when I was 19, at that age, I just wanted a sexy bike. Make sure the bike that you get, gets your heart going. This will instill such a adrenaline pump into you that every time you get off the bike, it feels like you went on a ride through Nirvana.

>>17709659
Bikes only made progress in last couple of years with the inclusion of ABS and electronics. These aids do help, but it's a double edged sword, if you don't know how to ride a bike without ABS, if the abs fails and you grab the brakes, they will lock up and you will panic and 99% crash/fall. ABS and electronics are incredible, but not necessary, Honda just got into electronics full fledged this year, while BMW have been making it since 2010.

KM don't matter, as long as it's been maintained properly. I have a friend that works in a dealer and he seen bikes that are salvaged with less the 100 Miles on them, while there bikes that are over 100k+ and are still running strong with regular maintenance, and on top of that, the people that have 100k+ bike usually go on cross country trips, so 3-5k miles just in 1 trip.

>>17709698
F is Faired iirc, RR=Race Replica
>>
File: er.jpg (75KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
er.jpg
75KB, 450x600px
>>17709715
Pic is the bike.
I just found an amazing deal on an ER6-N. $5380 with only 8000km and a 2016 model. Also in the colour I am looking for.

I've messaged the seller to see if it is negotiable. I'm pretty sure it would compare just the same as the Kawasaki 2017 Z650?

Also, a street racer 650 should be more than suitable right? A bit worried to purchase the bike and then find it boring after the first couple of months like I did when I had a 250.
>>
>>17709754
Look into FZ-07/09, or FT-07/09 if you are in Eu, the bro that works in the dealership told me that if he had to start over with all the knowledge that he acquired through all the bikes, that's the bike that he would get, 09 if you go to more highways, 07 if you want a nimble bike.

iirc ER6-n is a slightly inferior to the Yamaha, but at this day and age it's legit 2-3% difference between the bikes, you must get on one and see how you and/or your girl sit/fit on it.
>>
File: photo122.jpg (63KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
photo122.jpg
63KB, 720x479px
5th gen Honda VFR 800. Sport handling, comfortable on long rides (rode mine cross country), and that V4 sound.
>>
>>17709430
If you like the Z650 you could buy the older model, the ER6n or its sister bike the Ninja 650.

Or a Honda CB650/CBR650, or a Yamaha FZ6R/XJ6N.
>>
I like this "street racer" class you invented.
>>
>>17709937
Seems to be a class of 'bikes anon likes'.
>>
>>17709912
Thanks!
>>
OP, I think the term you're looking for is "naked bike" which is similar to street fighter styling. I second the motion for the fz07. It's a great bike and yamaha makes reliable machines. The others are good, too, don't get me wrong.
>>
>>17710131
Yes naked bike thanks thats it! :) I will look into that bike as well. Thanks
>>
Unrelated to the thread but what can you say about each brand of japanese bikes?

For example what's the general consensus /o/ has of Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki?
>>
>>17709558
My man, metabolisms can slow down as well. If she's your age then she was basically still a teenage when you met. It all starts going downhill post 21.
>>
>>17710438
They're realistically all very good. Minor quirks are the biggest downside you'll find. Fanboys will disagree, but this is the truth.
>>
>>17710450
Thanks.
>>
>>17710438
Modern Hondas are a bit dull but none of the big four make bad bikes.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.