[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I just bought a Honda Fit. The owner's manual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1501868195919.png (46KB, 138x138px) Image search: [Google]
1501868195919.png
46KB, 138x138px
Hey guys. I just bought a Honda Fit. The owner's manual says to put it into park first, then pull up the parking brake every time you park. My wife however insists on shifting it into park first, then using the parking brake.

She says as long as your foot is on the brake it doesn't matter what order you do it in. Is this true? I feel like it stresses the parking pawl her way of doing it, but if your foot is still on the brake you won't roll back on it right?
>>
Sorry, i meant the owner's manual says to pull the parking brake first, then shift into park
>>
>>17707060
Hmmmm, I think we need more data before we can say for sure. We need to see your wife's tits
>>
>>17707060
Doesn't really matter
>>
>Honda Fit
It doesn't matter, OP.
>>
File: IMG_5469.jpg (41KB, 476x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5469.jpg
41KB, 476x320px
>>17707060
This >>17707071

But sounds like as long as your foot is still on the brake, not a big deal.

Fun fact- when you set the parking brake on trucks with air brakes, you aren't supposed to press the brake pedal because it puts a ton of pressure on all of the brake components.
>>
>>Automatic

Why the fuck do you even bother with the parking brake?

Nobody uses that shit on an Auto.
>>
>>17707060
I think this is a case of "who give a fuck."
>>
>>17707169
because you're supposed to. Not using the handbrake is exactly the same as leaving a manual car in gear and not using the handbrake.
>>
>>17707169
Steep hills
>>
>>17707060
Not going to matter enough to care about OP. As long as you're stopped when you put it into park and as long as you engage the parking brake you should be fine. I suppose it is slightly less wear on the parking pawl to engage the parking brake first and then put it into park.

There for a while Honda was making really shitty autotragics, but I've never heard of one failing due to bad parking pawls though.
>>
>>17707060
>honda fit
What does your wife's son think?
>>
>>17707060
This is the same as that argument about whether or not you should push the thumb button on the parking brake when engaging it. Some people say you should always push the thumb button so you don't wear out the ratchet mechanism.

People without autism really do not give a shit because it doesn't actually matter.

The lifetime of your parking brake components is longer than any critical component of the car, as long as you don't do anything remarkably dumb with them. On my DSG, I hit P first and then put the brake on just because it's habit. On my 5 speed, I always use the brake and leave it in 1st.

>>17707244
This always scares the shit out of me. Especially when the car is up on ramps and you're under it working on something.
>>
>>17707244
It's literally not the same.

A manual car left in gear WILL ROLL, slowly.

An auto will not ever roll while in park unless one wheel loses traction.

Nice try though.

If you knew what a parking pawl looked like in most transmissions, you'd stop being such an autistic retard.

Only reason to use the parking brake in an Auto is so it doesn't seize up.

Steep hill parking is just dumb, that's just asking for some retard to run into your car because they can't figure out hills.
>>
>>17707060
>The owner's manual says to put it into park first, then pull up the parking brake every time you park. My wife however insists on shifting it into park first, then using the parking brake.

So she's doing exactly as instructed? Where's the problem?
>>
>>17707630
>I'm too stupid to read through a 15 post thread, or at a bare minimum the very first post after the OP
>>
>>17707696
My bad. I always throw it into park and then pull the parking brake.
>>
>2017
>using parking brake
Watch out for vapor lock while you're at it gramps.
>>
>>17707423
This
>>
Thanks guys.

>>17707071
I can arrange that, but /o/ is archived

>>17707169
We live in Hill Country Texas, tons of very steep hills. You do not want to put that kind of stress on your parking pawl. Also what
>>17707244 said. Every automatic car's owner's manual will tell you that you're supposed to always engage the parking brake.

>>17707317
I knew I would get shit for this lol. It was super cheap, we paid in cash and I want it to last for as long as it can. Bought 2013 at 15k miles, so if we take good care of it and keep it maintained it will last several more years.

>>17707423
>Steep hill parking is dumb
My house is literally at the top of a hill, and our garage even has a slight incline. If I don't engage the parking brake that bitch rolls back a good 6 inches.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.