[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fell for the meme and bought a fun 80's manual car, at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 67567453.jpg (137KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
67567453.jpg
137KB, 1024x819px
I fell for the meme and bought a fun 80's manual car, at first I didn't think I would get the hang of it, however before the end of the day today I got the hang of driving manual.

How long did it take you guys to learn manual? What're you guys currently driving? I got a 1989 Mitsubishi Colt.
>>
>>17705007
>before the end of the day i got the hang of driving manual.
Goodbye clutch
>>
>>17705007
About a couple hours as well, then I was adequate at driving manual (still not very smooth though)
>>
File: 4564537645637.jpg (174KB, 880x622px) Image search: [Google]
4564537645637.jpg
174KB, 880x622px
>>17705023
Well, in all honestly I got the car around 6 PM and got used to driving around within the hour. It stalled on me at my first stop sign.

>>17705039
I can shift pretty smoothly now, just not when in first to second gear, I'm going to keep trying however.
>>
I learned it in a day on a hand-me-down accord which blew up on me on my way to Virginia beach and ruined my vacation but now I have a half ton truck and a fox body both manual

I still stall the fox sometimes because it's carbureted and if I err the other direction (rev too high) it breaks traction. There's really a LOT of nuance to driving stick especially in RWD cars with high power-to-weight ratios you can learn new things even years later. Heel-toe downshifting coming out of corners is still scary as shit to me. I also want to get a turbododge and they don't have anti-lag so shifting without losing boost is an art I haven't even had the tools to attempt yet.
>>
File: septemberAW11.jpg (25KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
septemberAW11.jpg
25KB, 600x450px
I just bought this yesterday and i learned how to drive stick in a couple of hours. Rev matching and downshifting are my biggest problems atm
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.