[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so I have the chance to get a 2010 civic sedan with the auto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4751.png (1MB, 2048x1360px)
IMG_4751.png
1MB, 2048x1360px
Ok, so I have the chance to get a 2010 civic sedan with the auto for about 2900 with 200k miles on it

Is this a terrible idea? Previous owner has a lot of records and took good care. Was a computer car owned by my brother in law
>>
Also does anybody know about common issues I could look for before i buy it?
>>
File: IMG_4750.jpg (115KB, 900x600px)
IMG_4750.jpg
115KB, 900x600px
Pls halp :3
>>
>>17703925
big fat meh.
>>
>>17703945
Make sure the CV joints are good, steering rack bolts are tight and check to see if the shocks are leaking.
>>
>>17703945
ELD causes charging issues for some of these cars.
>>
>>17703925
200K miles?

I'd have thought you could get any econobox with around or less than 50K miles for $5k in most areas.
>>
>>17704431
I don't have much more than the ask on this
>>
It's a fine A-to-B car, but it's the worst Civic generation.
It's horribly boring to drive and boring to look at.
>>
>>17704629
It's literally just a car for me to take to work and get back home each day. I'm trying to work my ass off so I can get something cooler once I pay off my student loans.
>>
>>17703925
>brother in law
You are gonna rue the day. Politely tell them no. If they press, crack another beer.
>>
>>17704629
What's so wrong with the 8th gen civic?
>>
>>17704660
He's a good dude. I have an immediate family member helping me finance it and it doesn't seem like an unreliable car
>>
Anybooty else??
>>
>>17703925
>$3000 for a 7 year old car with 200,000 miles on it

Pass!
>>
>>17703925
It... might be okay?
It's R18 engine and might be nearing end of life.
I would be wary of it.
>>
porous engine block
>>
It's a Honda and newish car and 2900 could get you into a better ride
>>
>>17704658
doubt youll drive it 40+ years sooo...
>>
>>17705000
>family member helping me finance it
Run, run, run, run
>>
>>17703925
200k miles in 7 years holy shit
>>
You can find better older manual civics and accords with closer to 100k-120k and they would likely be a far more enjoyable honda experience than a modern auto one that's nearing the end of its life already. Buying another motor and the labor to change them out when it does go wouldn't be remotely worth it on that car.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.