[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /o/ feel when rich parents buy their 16 year old daughter/son

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 21

File: cancer.jpg (145KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
145KB, 500x375px
how does /o/ feel when rich parents buy their 16 year old daughter/son the sports car they've always wanted as their first car?

personally it pisses me off. That is the epitome of being a spoiled little cunt and ill advised parenting. I may be poor and you may think I'm jealous but if I had kids and I was a billionaire, the least they would get from me would be a used, disposable piece of garbage.
>>
Sorry to hear your parents didn't love you enough, OP
>>
>>17703113
DESU SENPAI

i would buy them a new car

but it would be a fwd econobox with high safety because that dumb shit will wrap it around a pole
>>
>>17703117
tfw love comes in the form of money

kek
>>
>>17703113
well someones parents didnt love them
>>
It depends. If they legitimately like the car or are at least thankful for it then I'm glad that they ended up more fortunate than I. If they act like little shitheads then I view them as little shitheads.
>>
Sorry your parents actually loved you OP

Mine didn't give a shit and let me do and have whatever I wanted. Now I'm here.
>>
>>17703113
Can't say that I care. It's not like it would've been my car otherwise. I view it as no different as a 30 year old businessman buying the same car for himself.
>>
>>17703113
>personally it pisses me off. That is the epitome of being a spoiled little cunt and ill advised parenting
salty poorfag. grow up kid, seriously. life will be better when you do.
>>
>>17703399
go ahead and explain to me why giving a car that's anywhere over 30-40 grand to a 16-18 year old KID is NOT an act of being spoiled. Go ahead and try, buddy.
>>
>>17703113
Sorry you are poor. Grew up poor, worked for my cars. Now doing well and have kids. Fuck that, im gonna buy em one car they want. Allways leave your family doing better than what you had.
>>
Hating your betters is immature.
>>
>>17703419
go ahead and explain to me why eating a burger that's anywhere over 3- 4 bucks while 16-18 year old KIDS are starving in africa is NOT an act of being spoiled. Go ahead and try, buddy.
>>
>>17703431
If you grow up rich and got sprinkled with shit that costed lots of money by your parents, you're usually an asshole of a person. That stereotype holds a fair bit of truth. Buy them a fucking beater and be a smart parent.
>>
>mommy and daddy bought me a Cobalt coupe for 6k
How spoiled am I?
>>
>>17703442
Because I need to eat to sustain myself. Having enough food to not be hungry isn't being spoiled. It's called having a good quality of life.
>Go ahead and try, buddy.
I tried and I succeed.
>>
>waaah why do other poeple get to have nice things?!?!?!
>>>/buschamber/
>>
File: Slowclap.gif (2MB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
Slowclap.gif
2MB, 440x247px
>>17703442
>>17703431
>Grew up poor
>Learn value of hard work and money
>Spoils kids
>kids dont learn value of things
>Kids become insufferable in adulthood
WEW
>>
>>17703432
never said I hated those who are better than me, just hating the decision.
>>
>>17703447
(You)
Happy?
>>
File: get.gif (1MB, 325x182px) Image search: [Google]
get.gif
1MB, 325x182px
>>17703458
>>
>>17703459
Someone has to drive the demand for nice cars so that you can buy them for $5k 10-20 years later.
>>
If i were a parent i would probably get my kid this car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dekrODcBJrs
or this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFseZsnOq1Q
>>
>>17703473
>second video
god damn German engineering boi
>>
>>17703472
i think the people who would buy them 10-20 years later would rather them come from people who will take care of the cars, which these spoiled cunts will not do. so your point sorta works against you
>>
>>17703560
Too bad you don't get to pick and reasonable people don't buy """sports""" cars to begin with.
>>
>>17703560
That, and it's not like that's a good reason for people to spoil the fuck out of their already shitty kids. "What's that you're turning your kids into assholes? DON'T WORRY ITS OKAY because you're circulating the market".
>>
>>17703564
Being a "sports" car isn't an unreasonable decision on hundred percent of the time. Why would you think that.
>>
I'd buy my kid a car they want. Driving something you hate only makes you ruin it. If they drive a camaro I bought them for 15 years because they love the car, I'd love it. As long as my kids are happy. It's up to you to let your kids intentionally wreak a car to collect insurance and buy a car they actually want. My dad bought me a neon that I trashed so I could go out and buy a car that wasn't fucking crap. Bought a 2008 Tiburon and drove it until it wasn't practical anymore then bought a 1996 Cherokee and a 2014 Mercedes. Now I can daily my benz and use my jeep for any work that needs to be done that my merc can't do.
>>
>>17703579
Buying*

Spaghetti
>>
>>17703113
You just sound jelly as fuck.
I don't hate the kid and I don't care if it means he is spoiled because of the car, I just think it's a poor parenting decision because giving a 16 years old a multi-ton vehicle with several hundred horsepower is just a disaster waiting to happen. I just hope I won't be on the business end of that sports car if and when the kid spins it into oncoming traffic.

You, instead, sound like a bitter jealous faggot who thinks he deserves everything rich people have more than them

Grow up
>>
File: 86.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
86.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17703443
>tfw grew up in middle class with loving parents and constantly got shit on by poorfags for no reason.

haha, being poor makes you such a good person!!
>>
>>17703626
If I was in the hypothetical position of the rich kid I wouldn't want an expensive car for a multitude of reasons. That's the honest truth. It's poor parenting, irresponsible, dangerous, ill advised etc.

I don't think I deserve a fucking expensive car, your assumptions are wrong. Shit like that needs to be earned, obviously, and if I think I earned/deserved it I would have one.

>Grow up
kek did years ago.
>>
>>17703419
what defines spoiled dick head? your feelings? lmao
>>
>>17703671
I said growing up rich and spoiled means that there's a good chance you're an asshole. I never said growing up poor makes you a saint, or better than others who are rich/wealthy.

Holy fuck /o/ is full of retards today.
>>
>>17703682
>If I was in the hypothetical position of the rich kid I wouldn't want an expensive car for a multitude of reasons. That's the honest truth. It's poor parenting, irresponsible, dangerous, ill advised etc
you only think this because you are salty as fuck
stay mad

>huur meaningless material goods need to be earned! not everyone is deserving of them!
the fuck kind of logic is this
>>
>>17703686
getting expensive shit tossed at you buy your parents or family members all the time.

New every year iphone?
>get the every time they come out

Just got your license and you want an expensive car?
>get

Overpriced clothing, jewelry or other expensive attire?
>get

Anything you want?
>get

What's your definition of fucking spoiled, you fucking idiot?
>>
>>17703697
not spoiled. its just an example of loving and hard working parents in a healthy 1st world economy

stay salty poorfag
>>
>>17703688
Then try making a cohesive argument next time shit for brains.
>>
>tfw your parents could afford to buy you a car but wouldn't
I wasn't allowed to get my license until 18, I'm in the US, and then I was "allowed" to drive their spare (third) car until I bought my own.
>>
>>17703694
>stay mad
>salty as fuck
go back to league or csgo or whever the fuck you came from lmao.

>the fuck kind of logic is this
so you're saying that everyone deserves nice things? things that you want, you shouldn't have to earn to receive? step up faggot, what's your logical assessment of who is deserving of what "meaningless material goods". Fucking try me.
>>
>>17703702
Don't fly around a board assuming what I think. You're the idiot you make me out to be. I'm not going to write an airtight essay to argue with retarded people on /o/ every time I have an opinion, shit for brains. Speaking of cohesive argument, you haven't made one.
>>
>>17703682
Then you need to work on your wording, because you only sounded like one of those poor fags who blame everyone else for their shit life and thinks people with money deserve nothing of what they have

>If I was in the hypothetical position of the rich kid I wouldn't want an expensive car for a multitude of reasons.
You say that because you have never been in such a situation and you simply assume you would be the same person you are today but with richer parents
If you grew up in a wealthy environment where everyone is used to have the best things, the fastest cars, the finest food and the best education, you would probably have a hard time refusing a Porsche as a present for your newly acquired licence,because you would have a completely different mindset than what you have right now in your current life.

That's not the honest truth, that's a lie to yourself
>>
>>17703700
you're hilarious. I just died a little inside reading this and knowing someone genuinely believes this.
>>
>>17703704
>so you're saying that everyone deserves nice things?
there is no such thing is what im saying. "working hard to deserve something" is retard logic used to mask resentment and jealously in children, and spun to others to prevent them from achieving without 'blessing' of higher authorities.
kys

>things that you want, you shouldn't have to earn to receive?
this isnt a matter of getting handouts from the gubberment you turd. its parents who worked hard to be in the position where they can treat their children to a good life.

stay salty poorfag
>>
>>17703714
your whole post is just questioning the basis of almost every hypothetical question that can be asked. "You aren't actually in that situation so how you could have a proper answer to being in a situation you've never been in". That makes complete sense, but being the person I am now, whether I'm in the position of the parent or the kid I wouldn't feel good about giving/receiving something like an expensive Porsche.

But yeah, 99% of the time when some rich kid gets a Porsche for their 16th-18th, they're getting spoiled. I don't think that can be argued without the argument being made against what I just said being beaten into the fucking ground.
>>
>>17703113
Someone's envious. Go be poor somewhere else
>>
>>17703419
If the parents have enough money I don't understand why they'd get them an old car. Unless the kids were little shitheads who made their parents their bitch then I'd say let em have the car.
>>
>>17703725
>this isnt a matter of getting handouts from the gubberment you turd. its parents who worked hard to be in the position where they can treat their children to a good life.
I refer you to this post >>17703458
This isn't a question of if the parents have the ability to buy shit. It's the question of good parenting. Besides, point me to someone who's incredibly wealthy and a nice person who DIDN'T earn what they have because they piggy backed on their parents wealth or didn't contribute a large amount to it, and for every person like that who does exist there's probably 10 who are douchebags.
If you want something, you need to go get it yourself. Otherwise, fuck yourself.

You also don't need to be spoiled to have a good life, that statement is just fucking full of bullshit.
>>
>>17703758
god everyone took this post in the complete opposite direction that they should've, you're all fucking idiots lmao
>>
>>17703752
Well my opinion is that I don't give the slightest shit about the relationship between the kid and his parents. Does he look/act spoiled? Who fucking cares, I'm not the one who has to deal with him.

My only concern is for my safety when I have to share the road with an overly excited kid that can't wait to go flat out in his new sports car, regardless of the fact that he may or may not be a spoiled brat.

I would have the same concern if you change the rich kid with a honest, down-to-earth kid who worked his ass between school and part time jobs to get enough cash for an old, used, but powerful car to buy with his own money because he was raised in a family that couldn't otherwise afford to buy him a car.

What I meant was that focusing on the fact that the rich kid may be an insufferable spoiled cunt is irrelevant and makes you sound like the aforementioned jealous faggot whose only purpose in life is to hate on rich people just for the fact that they have money and he doesn't
>>
>>17703113
Who gives a shit honestly. Chances are they are gonna fuck it up anyways. Teenagers are some of the most irresponsible and stupid people in the world
>>
>>17703809
Lots of people give a shit, why bother producing more assholes with misguided morals and like. I'd like to be apart of an earth that has the least amount of cunts possible.
>>
>>17703806
>an insufferable spoiled cunt
if the kid is as described I'm not going to hold it against him/her. There's no excuse for shitty parenting unless you're mentally incapable of parenting them improperly, and spoiling them is shitty parenting. The end.

I'm going to hold it against the parents. The last thing I give a shit about is if someone else has something I want and that I think I should have that thing to.

Can't say I'm surprised that all but one or two people in this thread saw me as just some jealous loser. I may be a loser but I'm not jealous lmao
>>
>>17703798
>I refer you to this post >>17703458
what makes you think the parents didnt instill the same values into their child as they were growing up and as such they are extremely grateful?

>It's the question of good parenting
its not a questio nof good parenting at all. you are just trying to use this bullshit to justify being a jealous and hateful poorfag.

you are worthless. always crying, obsessed with other people but never taking initiative to get yourself into that position. instead you just become complacent with your garbage life, because you understand the value of hardwork and anyone else better off than you is an undeserving doucebag.. r-right?
kys
>>
i feel a little envious when i think about all the cool things people born rich get and do

but i'm happy and have a nice life and make a good living now
>muh bootstraps
so i don't care

also i trashed my parents' '99 corolla, i don't know what i would do to an actual nice car at that age
>>
>>17703836
>and spoiling them is shitty parenting
my parents never bought me anything, and acted as if theyd be better off without me.. they are totally better parents than that stupid rich family that loves their children so much they spend months finding the perfect gift for them!

literally you
so pathetic
>>
File: 000012860005s.jpg (641KB, 936x620px) Image search: [Google]
000012860005s.jpg
641KB, 936x620px
>>17703817
It's not like a car will fuck up someone's morals. At the end of the day it's just an object, it will decay and rust just like everything else and in the end all you'll be left with is some mild memory of a privileged past. Life is to short and shitty to be petty about what others have, and objects may make you feel happy in the short term but they will never satisfy all your human needs.

Something tells me that you haven't had very many life experiences yet.
>>
>>17703817
>I'd like to be apart of an earth that has the least amount of cunts possible
you better turn off the computer then
>>
>>17703113
In HS a skinny, douchy sophomore got an 05 STI from his daddy. His previous car was a v6 charger with nig wheels on it. He was white as snow, lol. Anywhos he'd drive around school and nearly killed a kid driving out of the parking lot. The kid was kind of a dweeb and all but a few people gave a shit, sadly. Moving on, dickhead kid got high as a kite and ended up plowing it into a tree with his douchy buddies a little over a month after owning. Busted his face to shit and his family had him driving around in a cream colored old man cadi for the rest of his school career. When he graduated he got a new silverado. My dad did work on one of his dad's old corvettes, and according to him, he said "lets see the little fucker try and kill himself in this!" Relax anon, nature will sort out the rest.
>>
>>17703840
If the kid is grateful as fuck then fine, whatever. I don't care.

It is the question of good parenting. The thread was made in the question of good parenting. For some reason you genuinely believe that I'm just a jealous poorfag who cries my eyes out when I don't get what I want. Couldn't be further from the truth. You've come to a conclusion and you've stuck with it, albeit a wrong one. Have fun thinking your assumptions are correct.

The only ground you've actually stood on in this entire thread is the assumption that I am as you describe, which is incorrect. Don't know what else I could say and if I said anything else to you it would be a waste on your thick, retarded worthless skull.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgWm5TNeBA
>>
>>17703854
your situation is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. There is giving your kids too much and giving your kids too little. They gave you too little, obviously.

>literally you
>so pathetic
retard
>>
>>17703113
>parents combined income was mid to high 6 figures
>wouldnt spend a dime on a car for me

FeelsBadMan
>>
Anyone else?
>>
>>17703113

...this upsets me no end.

Im from a relatively successful family.

And until i flunked out of at my final year of masters degree.. i didnt really get how the world turns.

Dad pretty much cut me off after that.

..and iv struggled like a twat for the last decade.

Losing materialism is easy,

Losing my self respect trying to earn a living hit me hard.

If you have good kids its not a dick move lol..

If they are not planning on failing its not a dick move.

Just one of those things i suppose.
>>
>>17703894
>For some reason you genuinely believe that I'm just a jealous poorfag who cries my eyes out when I don't get what I want
if that werent the case you wouldnt have made the thread. as simple as that.
its no different to biter ugly forever alone mgtow virgins making threads on /r9k/ about how women are evil and they would never be with one even if they could pull them... seriously dude you are fucking in denial.

wealthy parents buy their well adjusted child an expensive car. so what? it doesnt matter. why should it. yet here you are making threads about it and trying to pretend like you dont care. lmao
>>
File: power-wheels-porsche-911-gt3.jpg (135KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
power-wheels-porsche-911-gt3.jpg
135KB, 500x500px
>>17703113
It feels better when you actually have to work for something. I'd much rather drive a $500 shitbox that's fully in my name instead of something your parents can take away from you.

Shit I would of even taken a Power Wheels as a kid.
>>
If I had a ton of money to blow on nice things I'd get my kids nice cars too, I don't hold it against hard working or even lucky people that have nice things. I enjoy the things I have because I worked hard for them, these rich kids probably don't even get a kick out of these cars, which is fine because I'll buy em for half price second hand 3 months after they get them because they want money for weed.
>>
>>17703931
>if that werent the case you wouldnt have made the thread. as simple as that.
you couldn't be more stupid. It's impossible.

>yet here you are making threads about it and trying to pretend like you dont care.
reread my original post, and if you open your eyes a little and use your brain (careful not blow a gasket and pass out), you might just see that this thread was an inquiry to /o/s point of view, with my two cents added.

>well adjusted child
the post even suggests that the child in question is not a well adjusted child. Reread it.

give up already retard, you've lost.
>>
>>17703931
oh yeah lemme just finish up with this, the only thing i give a shit about is the shitty parenting aspect. I have zero tolerance for unreasonably poor decision making or poor parenting. I've grown up and around shitty parents/parenting (not just my parents, but others I've known), and there's nothing I give a shit about more than shitty parents. That's all this post was meant to be but you fucking morons assumed so much in such little time its not funny. par for the course with 4chan though.
>>
>>17703984
>par for the course with 4chan though.
Undeniably accurate
>>
>>17703963
>you might just see that this thread was an inquiry to /o/s point of view, with my two cents added
you say that but you were still going about your daily business and thought of the topic. non buttmad jealous people dont think about it, and if they do they dont care enough to say "im going to make a post on 4chan and see if other people support me!"

>>17703984
>the only thing i give a shit about is the shitty parenting aspect. I have zero tolerance for unreasonably poor decision making or poor parenting
its not shitty parenting. you just think it is because you are an assmad little kid in denial about your jealously.

stay salty poorfag
>>
>>17703999
trips of truth
>>
>be rich
>not encouraging your son to become a race car driver
>or atleast into cars

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>17704016
>you say that but you were still going about your daily business and thought of the topic. non buttmad jealous people dont think about it, and if they do they dont care enough to say "im going to make a post on 4chan and see if other people support me!"
according to you, curiosity on the topic makes me a buttmad jealous person. Jesus Christ the shit that comes from your fingers is hilarious.

>its not shitty parenting
tfw
>giving your shitty, spoiled kid an expensive car, making him even more of a shitty spoiled kid is not bad parenting
go the hospital, you need your brain fucking checked.

>you are an assmad little kid blah blah blah more useless garbage coming out of my fingers that do nothing but spit useless insults that aren't remotely true etc add fucking infinitum
when will you realize that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgWm5TNeBA
just stop man, stop making a fool of yourself. you idiocy grows with each post.
>>
>>17704068
>you idiocy grows with each post.
100 bucks he calls out the typo
>>
>>17703113
I'll probably make a decent amount of money when I have a kid, but they're still getting an at least 8 y/o car. Preferably with stick so it's harder to text.
I went to high school with kids that drove huge, new Benzes and BMWs and a lot of them are insufferable cunts. Don't spoil your idiot kids.
>>
File: anhero.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
anhero.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>17703840
have you ever met one of those kids whos daddy buys them a nice new sports car for their birthday? 9/10 they are spoiled little entitled cunts.

>buying a new car for your first car
Pic related
>>
>>17704280
I don't know what makes you think it's hard to text on a manual car
If anything it's trivial
>>
File: genius.gif (254KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
genius.gif
254KB, 500x259px
>>17703798
>>
File: 1314514759810.jpg (45KB, 298x379px) Image search: [Google]
1314514759810.jpg
45KB, 298x379px
>>17703453

>eating fast food
>eating meat and transfats
> having a good quality of life
>>
Why not? As long as they take care of it. Maybe I would use it and they use my daily every now and then. You're just salty
>>
>>17703929
>Flunking out of a masters
holy shit lmao
>>
>>17704349
go ahead and read the thread, idiot
>>
>>17703113
I don't really care, in fact, I don't care at all about them having nice cars. My problem is the dumb fucks could never ever drive like a decent, likable human being and never took care of them. My cousin never once checked the oil in his car and destroyed the fucking engine. He also drives like an ass, nearly taking out pedestrians as they cross.
>>
>>17703144
My parents did this. I sat in a hrv and figured the practicality of it would have been great since it has the awd and its pretty cheap to service...also great on gas. Its perfect for the first few years of me starting my career . I mentioned it to them in passing like "hey guys I checked out the new hrv...its a good little car" and the next thing I know....I have a new car for xmas. If i knew I would get a brand new car I would have been like get me the civic or new sentra turbo but shit man....I am blessed as fuck to be in the position I am in now so why bother .
>>
>>17703113
I love vga cars
>>
>>17703443
>That stereotype holds a fair bit of truth
It doesn't though.
>>
>>17703713
The other guy is right, you're as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Saying that spoiled rich people tend to be assholes implies that people from other classes are less likely to be assholes which is blatantly false.
>>
>>17704819
Don't feed the fuel. its obvious they are pissed because they couldn't get a new car from mom and dad..its as simple and pathetic as that.
>>
>>17703581
I would never intentionally wreck my car but my parents made a deal with me a mustang if I had the highest college entrance exam scores on my high school (engine didn't matter; I'm a v8fag but it's a free fucking car) and got me a fwd sedan for more than the used mustang would have cost AND it had some unresolved recall issues that causes it to stall on me while I was driving on the freeway. I was reasonably upset considering I followed through on my side of the deal and almost got a semi up my ass but o still drive the car 30,000 miles later because.
>>
>>17704832
meh the mustang would have bent you over in insurance anyways. They really are not that good anyways man, you are not missing one thing.
>>
>>17703113

mentality like that is why you're poor. wealth is accumulated through generations. my great grandfather bought my grandad a bicycle. my grandfather bought my dad a shitbox. my dad bought me a new BMW. I'll be buying my son a Porsche once I have a son
>>
>>17703113
>mfw my parent will never able to afford me a new car
>ask for a motorcycle instead of a car
>still can't afford
My goal is to get myself a 964...
>>
>>17703836
>Can't say I'm surprised that all but one or two people in this thread saw me as just some jealous loser. I may be a loser but I'm not jealous lmao

I agree, and you pointing this out sort of illustrates your point
>>
File: E tu bait.jpg (513KB, 1146x1148px) Image search: [Google]
E tu bait.jpg
513KB, 1146x1148px
>>17704819
>Saying that spoiled rich people tend to be assholes implies that people from other classes are less likely to be assholes which is blatantly false.

Spoiled is the key word there wise one, spoiled rich people tend to be assholes because they are spoiled. Poor people can also be spoiled assholes, its just that is less likely because they are spoiled less. The linking point here is being a spoiled cunt child means you grow up to be an adult who is still a spoiled cunt child. Money just becomes a multiplier....
And you dont need alot of money to turn your kinds into spoiled cunts, it just means its easier
>>
>>17704037
This is my dream.
>>
>>17704822
>couldnt get the new car from mom and dad
>not realizing that not giving your kids everything they ask for is imperative for them to understand in the real world
Understand that, that is the entire point being made here
>>
I'm a "rich kid" I guess but I like to think I'm not like other rich faggots

I'm 18 and for the past 2 years have been driving a 2015 C300 (not much but not bad for a car at 16) and am about to get a C63 S Coupe or possibly keep my C300 and save up for a supercar. My dad has a 458

I literally didn't have any friends in high school so basically just hung out with my dad and he was going through a divorce so we were just good friends. He has a lot of cars and has been talking about me upgrading to something like his since I was 17

Ive never once viewed it as "hey dad give me a supercar", it's just sharing a passion with my dad really esp since we spend so much time together. I guess thats how outsiders look at it but it's really just me being into a similar passion as my dad and us being very fortunate. Nothing else
>>
>>17703113
At least the kid has taste and doesn't buy oversteer BMW trash
>>
Who cares?
>>
File: tumblr_lz77wbYlQ61r9doajo1_500.jpg (24KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz77wbYlQ61r9doajo1_500.jpg
24KB, 500x318px
the way i see it, if i was the rich parent, i would have my kid make a list of cars (reasonable ones mind you like under 25k) that they want

then i would make a spreadsheet of stats about these cars including stuff such as horsepower, safety ratings, etc

i would choose the safest car that has the lowest horsepower that my kid still wants

that way i can get some peace of mind while my kid gets something they want

its a win for everyone if you ask me.
>>
>>17703113
thats the reason they post that stuff is to make you jelous you just have to realize people like that are sheep and they can be taken for everything they have beacause they never have to earn anything its funny how much you learn from fighting for food at a young age
>>
>>17703113
I wish it were me i'd would have just ask for a nice 150k+ mile 99 impreza for a fraction of the cost, but they did give me a shitbox that works well so i can't complain
>>
Haha i went to a private catholic school on my grandparent's savings so i was there with a bunch of rich kids.

One kid had a brand new Roush Mustang, another had a completely restored Ford Falcon with a V8. Another had a brand new fully customized Jeep JK with all the mods in the world.

My car is a Jeep CJ-7, beat the fuck up and passed through my family. It seldom worked, and was and still is in need of major repairs, but it had character. I didn't care if one of the other kids had a fucking Ferrari, my CJ was my "old faithful".

I remember some kid from my school who had a brand new E93 M3 and wanted to show off to me, so he revved the thing like an IROC driver and unleashed its power with the aftermarket muffler and drove off with his gf.

I didn't care, my relationship with the Jeep made me never give a fuck about those kids.
>>
>>17703442
>what are needs and wants?
>>
>my wifes son wanted the toybaru
well ok then.
>>
>>17703113
I was a poorfag growing up and so I stopped feeling jealousy/envy years ago. Now I don't feel much of anything.
>>
>>17703144
stop....doing...this...
>>
File: 1500254319470.gif (930KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500254319470.gif
930KB, 400x300px
>>17705146
>establishing principals that work = reward
>establishes value of money
>establishes a base of understanding of a vehicle
Sounds like a solid job to me

again, its not all children blessed with cars are insufferable, its the ones you see driving around in the nice cars with zero regard and treat it like trash are always spoiled rich kids.
a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square
>>
I don't give a shit. You're always going to find people who have more than you, stop fucking whining about it. Improve your shitty life if it makes you so butthurt to see people who have things you can't have.
>>
>>17704068
>giving your shitty, spoiled kid an expensive car, making him even more of a shitty spoiled kid is not bad parenting
the jealousy reeking from this post is unreal., of course youll continue to deny it and throw out insults like the little child you are, but whatever
>>
>>17703113
THIS HAPPENED WITH EVERY KID IN MY PRIVATE SCHOOL INCLUDING ME

NEARLY EVERY CAR WAS GERMAN, NOT EVEN AN ODD LEXUS AND FORGET ABOUT AMERICAN

THERE WAS AN ASTON THOUGH, A BUNCH OF RANGE ROVERS MOSTLY WITH THE GIRLS, AND TWO KIDS GOT FERRARIS

BEST PART IS THE SCHOOL IS IN MANHATTAN AND NOBODY DRIVES
>>
File: Costanza.png (984KB, 1166x849px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.png
984KB, 1166x849px
>>17705516
Projecting this hard

See you lacking the ability to understand that the point is spoiled children.
Its easier to spoil children when you have money
Rich kids are spoiled meme becomes reality, and spergs like you keep acting like you ave winning this argument
>>
>>17705416
Words of wisdom.
>>
>>17703113
Kinda. But then when you actually start to meet these kids, you realize they have no morals and often there is very little substance to their lives besides having the newest shiny _______. As long as you are content, who the fuck cares what you drive.

>had super rich friend in HS
>gets a brand new Mercedes at 16, crashes it, gets another brand new one, then another new one at 18, another new one at 20, etc...
>from the outside, seems like he has everything
>one weekend his parents are out of town, we about to throw a house party at his palatial estate
>get off work at like 3pm, go straight to his house so we can start planning and stocking up on beer
>didn't even have time to eat lunch, so I tell him I'm gonna make some food at his house
>open the fridge and he says "man there's nothing to eat in there!"
>tons of frozen food, lunch meat, cheese, bread and buns, but he's incapable of making a sandwich himself so it looks inedible to him
>decide to make some grilled ham & cheese sammiches, grab a frying pan and he freaks out
>"Bro! What are you doing! Don't burn the house down and make sure you clean all that and put it away because I don't know how to do any of that!"
Since that afternoon I had a different view of money. It would be nice to never have to worry about $$$, but they are often so ignorant and shallow and stress out about different problems. If I could have all the money in the world but had to live with that level of ignorance, I wouldn't do it.
>>
>>17704755
HAHAHAHAHA FAGGOT
>20k cuck box
Do you have any idea what what 20k could have got you kiddo?
>>
>>17705146
This
>>
>>17703113
My dad bought my my dream midship, and not any one a very good example. And i take care of it better than salty poorfags take care of their "muh precious fwd econobox"
Stay mad.
>>
>>17705194
Same happened to me. I didn't know anything about cars and didn't really care about them either until it was too late
>>
>>17703113
>grew up poor as shit
>parents finally get a bug break with their business and start making list of money
>happens right as I move out for university
>still buy a $7k Boxster and drive it for 5 years
>years later dad offers to buy me a new Cayman GTS or a C7 Grand Sport or whatever else I want in that range
I straight up can't say yes, it just goes against how I was raised and I've had to refuse him several times.

With these people I honestly just think it's how they're raised, and I can't put all of the fault on them, their parents are partially to blame for how they turned out as well
>>
Go fuck yourself you fucking nigger, I'd say I was sorry your parents didn't love you enough but you sound like a nigger so they weren't even around to begin with

Why the fuck do you care if somebody worked for their wealth and decided to show their love to their child? You're just a salty fucking poorfag, remove yourself from the human gene pool ASAP. YOU are the definition of a spoiled brat, not the kid getting the car

>BOO HOO WHY DO OTHERS GET BETTER STUFF THAN I DO? MOMMY!
>>
>>17706927
>Cayman GTS
lmao, slower than a mustang
>>
>>17703113
>tfw parents own company
>tfw paid for my art education aboard
>tfw get to live in their old house in a rich neighbourhood alone for 0 cost
>tfw spend all my money from work on maintaining/upgrading my two seater sportscar they bought me and race entrance fees.
Feels good man
>>
>>17706965
No one gives a shit
>>
>>17706965
only in a straight line, ie a metric only salty busrider niggers and normies who can't drive deem important.
>>
>>17703113
For the kids, it doesn't teach them much self-reliance. But from the parent's side, I can understand wanting to do something nice for their kids. It's a mixed bag and a difficult topic, but my parents have me a leaky, broken down Firebird when I go is her high school because it was all they could afford. Didn't matter to me what the car's resale was worth, I adored that machine and loved it to death.

I think the point is, if the gift is coming from somewhere personal, and means a lot to both the giver and receiver, then the amount of money shouldn't matter. If you can afford a Porsche, and your child actually appreciates the tremendous gravity of it, go ahead. If you can afford a used Miata, and your kid appreciates it just as much, I don't see much of a difference. Hoe your own row, dude.
>>
>>17706969
>not posting what car it is.

c'mon man. post a pic or something
>>
>>17703144
no buy a $3k civic
no reason to buy a $15k car
>>
>>17706999
It has to be real for him to post a picture
>>
File: IMG_20170508_125747.jpg (947KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170508_125747.jpg
947KB, 1920x1080px
>>17706999
Didn't think it mattered.
Yes it is actually the car I wanted, the money dad was willing to pay was lightly used BRZ or R33 GTR money.
>>17707047
>>
As long as the person isnt an asshole who makes a point out of showing off, I dont have a problem with this.

I always think, there isnt a point in showing off, because someone always has more money or more skill than you, so just be humble.
>>
File: 3365116872_52676e3252_b.jpg (178KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
3365116872_52676e3252_b.jpg
178KB, 1024x680px
>>17707059
nice man. Love MR2's
>>
>>17707196
Why are the wheels so tiny
>>
>>17707263
Because its a tiny car
>>
>>17703443
Ir doesnf matter that much but i dont want my kid to take shit for granted. I worked for everything my entire life, ill do them a favour and support them till their 16 and get a fucking part time job
>>
>>17707263
The big ass wheels on all cars is a newer thing. And a big reason why cars like Range Rovers can get away with 20" wheels is because of better suspension, otherwise on an SUV like that or most sporty cars, you would feel every tiny bump in the road in your back and spine.

And also small car so even tho it looks like they have some truck tires, the sidewalls really aren't that big on that MR2.
>>
>>17707319
Don't smaller tires = less grip?
>>
>>17707324
better lad
>>
>>17707324
bigger tires = more hp

for the tires to handle a relatively stock Mr2 doesnt need wide tires unless its putting down serious hp.
>>
>>17707324
An MR2 isn't exactly putting down 600hp
>>
>>17707350
I can slide around corners in a Kei truck, power is irrelevant

>>17707344
Now that's just exaggeration
>>
File: IMG_5477.png (358KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5477.png
358KB, 457x457px
>>17707324
Thinner tires normally mean less grip with sports cars. Tall sidewall means they can flex in corners a little bit more but like I mentioned the car and wheels overall are just small so I think it makes the sidewalls look bigger than they actually are. Also depends on the tire. Why doesn't F1 run super low profile tires? I'm not a ricecar engineer tho.

Bigger rims with a smaller tire will probably make the whole wheel heavier overall too, and 10lbs more of unsprung weight fucks with handling a lot more than that same extra 10lbs somewhere else on the car.
>>
>>17707365
I was wondering about this

Do heavier wheels affect the car's power output/handling more than the same weight on other parts of the car?
>>
>>17707383
Yes, just google "unsprung weight". Any extra weight on the wheels or suspension will affect the handling more than if that weight were somewhere else.
>>
>>17707395
Handling is definitely affected
I wasn't sure about performance though
>>
>>17707383
>>17707398
Heavier wheels affect acceleration, braking, and turning
>>
>>17707365
Tires in F1 have big sidewalls because that's where the majority of the give is as far as the suspension. They played around with going with bigger wheels but the same size tire, to make them look better, but that would reduce the size of the sidewall dramatically. That would have forced the teams to dramatically redesign their entire suspension design, so they scrapped the idea

Look at the slow motion videos of F1 cars in corners, the wheels are vibrating and osculating like crazy
>>
More power to them. Hopefully if and when they do crash they take a few salty busriders with them.
>>
>>17703113
i know, I had a fairly decent first car it was a suv though, slow as shit couldn't go above 95mph but was reliable big and pretty comfy
>>
>>17703113
Does it really matter if they buy them a car? What if they bought them something else besides a car? Like I don't know, a really expensive breed of dog or some shit, would you be mad then? It's a gift. People give and get gifts in this world.
>>
File: Villain01a.jpg (29KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Villain01a.jpg
29KB, 704x396px
>>17703113
>how does /o/ feel when rich parents
Go away you self-entitled liberal.
The world is full of you "want this want that" attitude angry and full of blame for others who have things.

It's not the fault of kids to have parents and grandparents that worked consistently and saved money and invested in their childrens' futures. The long term view is present in many family lines notably those families that have been successful.

You have families whose parents were corrupt, used drugs, did a lot of crime and whatever the fuck they wanted and now their children are angry at others for having education or things.
>>
>>17703113
>friend of mine has really really rich kiddo in his classrom
>20k spent for his 18th birthday
>gets driver licence
>daddy wants to buy him a nice car
>law forbids for the first year to drive anything over 90bhp
>daddys orders for him a brand new full-optional audi A1
>two month shipment time
>kiddo goes snowflaky
>dads buy him a volskwagen golf mk3 meanwhile he's waiting the audi

I reeeeeeee'd inside when i head this.
>>
>>17707971
MK6 Golf * sorry
>>
>be 17, just got license, 3 weeks away from birthday
>Saved up to buy an old golf because poor
>Grandpa hands me the keys to his AW11 on my birthday
>i cry
>drive to school in it once
>someone keyed it
>i cry
people hate nice cars in general, not just expensive cars.
its like how people will spit into a convertible
>>
File: unnamed-1.jpg (674KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1.jpg
674KB, 3024x4032px
>>17703113
I mean I bought mine but I'm also like 21, I'm also too lazy too go take more pics so sorry :v
>>
>>17707968
buying a $100,000 land rover SUV isn't investing in their child's future
at least how I interpret it
>>
>>17708510
This
>>
>>17708275
Nice car man. Thinking about getting something like that once my wife is out of school.
>>
>>17708275
where do you work?
>>
>>17703113
the only thing worse than being spoiled little cunt is being envious for no reason. my family may be poor as fuck, i may drive a shitbox, but at least i never stepped in your territory. be ashamed of yourself
>>
>>17703419
>>17703113

how do you know he/she isn't a good kid who is making their parents proud? making it to 16 without turning into an /R9K/ faggot or turbo skank on drugs is worth a sports car imo.
>>
File: tire_dry_rot.jpg (198KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tire_dry_rot.jpg
198KB, 1200x900px
>>17707383
>Do heavier wheels affect the car's power output/handling more than the same weight on other parts of the car?

"""Note that unsprung weight or mass is sometimes confused with rotating mass because some parts (tires, wheels, most brake discs) fall into both categories and because racers want to reduce them both. But they’re not the same thing. Rotating mass is what it sounds like, anything that has to rotate when the car goes forward, so for example the steering knuckle is unsprung but doesn’t rotate, while the half shaft is rotating but only partly unsprung. Lower unsprung weight improves handling and sometimes traction, while lowering rotating weight improves acceleration."""

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/what-is-the-difference-between-sprung-weight-and-unsprung-weight

You can also save weight by going with lighter weight tires. A lot of people don't pay attention to how much their tires weigh. Some heavy pirellia tires can be 32 pounds each while others like the lightweight Continental DWS are 16 to 22 pounds each. If you save 10 pounds of unsprung weight at each corner, would you be able to feel it in the handling? It depends on the person's sensitivity.

Weight of Continental DWS:
http://www.continentaltire.com/product/extremecontact-dws-19550r16-84w
>>
>>17703306
this. getting rustled over shit that doesn't even impact you is just wasted energy
>>
>>17703113
I knew a guy in college who had the most typical rich kid life arc. It went like this:
>boarding school 17yo
>wants a mk4 supra, gets one
>crashes it into a pole while drunk in 6 months
>wants an FD RX7, gets one
>crashes it drunk into another car in 4 months
>wants an M5, gets one
>amazingly doesn't crash it for two years (drunk)
>parents just buy him a Z71 Tahoe
>crashes a few times drunk and high but kinda just bounces off stuff
>gets super into drugs
>gets stabbed and killed by gang members over drugs (presumably) then they torch his house

His dad was a corporate lawyer partner in chicago. Pretty rough times but can't say we didn't see it coming
>>
PORCHE GIRL
>>
It is the reason why sports car come with more and more nannies every year and become heavier and heavier due crash protection bullshit. The oil tycoons buying these cars for their kids put pressure in manufacturers so little Abdul can still be alive after crashing his BWM M5 drunk going 200MPH in the M3 motorway.
>>
>>17703113
My parents are doing pretty well, but if they buy me a car they have to buy my two brothers cars too and they're not that rich. anyway if you start with a shitbox and climb your way up to a good car you'll appreciate it more, those rich kids will have a higher standard and be really dissatisfied when they have to pay for a car themselves and can't afford the car their parents gave them
>>
>>17707196
that is nice. I got jr12's now and one day I'll change them for some true lightweight wheels.
>>17707324
It's complicated, its kind of like body roll, it's not entierly bad thing and you need some.
I'm running 15" and I have literally double the grip than I had on the ones in that image
>>17707059
>>
>>17709431
reminder that mrcummy believes unsprung mass is a meme and doesn't matter, because ae86 has a solid rear axle
>>
>>17708726
He doesn't
>>
When I have kids, I intend to get them each an ultra rare ferrari f207a. I am worried with it being so lightweight and nimble some other high school fag might steal it.
>>
Lame.
All this shit just to people see how wealthy are your family - like if anybody else give a fuck about your situation.
People are just attention whores. That's part of the american dream and it's exported to many other places.

>"I would do the same for my kids"
Raising spoiled kids just like baby boomers did. Lovely status quo.
>>
If I parent successfully, my kid will be into sub-5000$ shitboxes just like me, and I can let him build his car instead of buying him one. Double win if I have a daughter and she's into it
>>
a grey 5 years+ corolla

if he's a good kid, i'd consider a smaller size off-road capabale vehicle if he can actually use it

teach him some values. also he's going to knick up his first car - gauranteed
>>
>>17707971
See, this is fucked up. In this case I would have sold the Audi AND never have bought him the Golf in the first place. If he's gonna be such a spoiled brat then he can find his own car
>>
>>17707968
you sound like you are in denial about greed being an inherently antisocial thing
>>
ain't nobody buying me a car.

all my parents gave me was a good start on life, but material goods are earned.
>>
>>17703113
>15 year old daughter is purchased a brand new range rover
>>>it sits for a year before she even gets her license

I really fucking hate white people
>>
>>17703113
Kek me and my friends would love pier pressuring them to do stupid shit with their cars
>>
>>17712332
good man
>>
>>17707041
but they will die in that 3k civic whereas the 15k new shitbox will keep them from being ded
>>
>>17707041
Fuck off with this fucking meme
>>
>>17714928
Or you could maybe just teach them how to drive properly because a modern car isn't going to stop them from fucking up
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.