[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stuck in traffic in manual >its moving too fast to move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: e91.jpg (4KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
e91.jpg
4KB, 165x115px
>Stuck in traffic in manual
>its moving too fast to move forward using the clutch
>it's moving too slow to coast in 1st gear
>>
File: IMG_2458.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2458.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17695260
>not having a creeper gear that does like 0.5mph at idle

Where are the paddle shift fags? Even doing that shit in an "automatic" sports or supercar like a Ferrari is annoying because they don't creep like regular autos.
>>
>>17695263
>driving a supercar
LOL
>>
>in traffic
>guy in front keeps hitting the gas then the brake over and over
>>
>>17695267
True.

Our newer trucks have a 10spd "auto" and they are terrible to drive in stop-go traffic like that. It's kinda similar to what many high end sports cars are doing now where it's basically a manual trans but the shifting is done by computer. When you let off the brake from a stop, it doesn't creep. You have to hit the gas and it sort of jumps into 1st. And then when you're coming back to a stop, it stays in gear for like 3 seconds and with the big diesel engine there is a ton of torque so you have to slam on the brakes for those couple seconds to keep it from rolling for that time. Then it will finally drop back into N.

And with the supercars, also remember that 1st gear is pretty damn long. So when the computer goes into 1st from a stop and you give it the smallest amount of throttle, it jumps right to 5mph+, doesn't creep smooth like other autos.
>>
>>17695263
Really? I had always been suspicious of how those hyper top tier transmissions worked in bumper to bumper. Why don't they creep?
>>
File: images.jpg (25KB, 381x386px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
25KB, 381x386px
>mfw v8

I get moving in 2nd gear usually unless it's an incline
>>
>>17695282
Idk if it's exactly the same across every car, but like I said they are basically manuals with a computer to shift them. So when you let off the brake at a stop, they will sit in N until you hit the gas. Then when you hit the throttle, the computer tells the trans to engage the clutch or however it works. And remember those supercars have power and a 1st gear that goes up to 50mph+ so when you tap the gas and the computer tells it to go into 1st, it will jerk the car a bit. The computers aren't as good at feathering the clutch like a human driver.

I mean read reviews. If you understand the difference between how autos with a torque converter and manuals with a cluch work, you can kinda see why it works like that.
>>
>>17695260
what car can't roll forward in 2nd by dabbing the clutch? I mean at worst start in 1st then maintain your speed in 2nd. As long as you don't stop you just let the clutch bite at about idle when you need to maintain.
On hills is a different story though, now that's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>17695288
My car produces 50bhp and i can do that bro
>>
>>17695623
Yes but his car probably doesn't smell like burning clutch by the time he gets going.
>>
>>17695288
Fucking love V8s. I drove my dad's SS VE for the first time the other day. I accidentally went from 3rd to 6th, and it didn't give a shit, just kept going.
>>
>>17695515
I guess you don't live in a populated area if you think that's a solution.
Being stuck in slow moving traffic and dabbing the clutch continually will easily make it overheat and degrade real fast.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.