[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /o/ Got a small inheritance and I've always wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Stan_vessels.gif (67KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Stan_vessels.gif
67KB, 640x400px
Sup /o/

Got a small inheritance and I've always wanted to run a used car lot. I have access to a good spot.
Aside from the fun of being able to go to auctions and whip the shit out of cars (and I live very close to a large used car auction hub- so there's used car lots every half mile around me), I think I could make it into a fun attraction. One of those spots where there's what look like a half dozen businesses and things going on, operated by one company.
Hear me out- people go to Vegas, they know, deep down they KNOW they're going to have their money taken, but they go for the experience.
What if you made shopping for a used car more like that? Kind of an amusement park, vegas, tourist trap kinda experience. I could go all out, get an oldschool retired salesman who does the four squares thing, and have him ham it up with people. I know there's gotta be guys like that who want to get out of the house but don't want to be a walmart greeter, and I saw one of them, perfectly coiffed white hair, plaid sportcoat and all, at my local Chevy dealer a few years ago, so I KNOW they still exist.
Also I read the backstory to Rent A Wreck, so I'd play off that for a while. Ugly beat up cars with reliable drive trains and nothing dangerous going on.
A food truck, cracker barrel style merchandise, etc. Hold an auction for a car every week.

Anyway, it's just a thought I have in my head.
>>
>>17692878
Buy a house
>>
>>17692920

Got one. And I'm shopping for a Miata kart shell to stuff a 1UZFE into. I'm here to talk about making the used car experience fucking awesome and worth bringing out the whole family for, not my regular /o/shit
>>
>>17692930
I don't go to a used car lot to have fun and nobody else will
>>
>>17692878
car lots are like mattress stores, the grand majority of people who walk into one will walk out with a new purchase
>>
>>17692878
i run a used car lot. it fucking blows. good money if you play your cards right. 90% of dealers are financed and making little to nothing shuffling shit around. dumping 60+k into it a month just fo fix cars, no financing from us, doing bhph. its not fun unless you have a good team. its really just stressful...
>i regularly fantasize about driving truck all day and not dealing with the lot anymore. i just wanna be a neet, man...
>>
File: jordans.jpg (418KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
jordans.jpg
418KB, 800x602px
>>17692878

Who knows man, it works for Jordan's Furniture in Massachusetts. It's a fucking furniture store but they have an IMAX theater, trapeze act, a main hallway that looks like it's Mardi Gras, and Kelly's Roast Beef.
>>
>>17692878
>Got a small inheritance and I've always wanted to run a used car lot

Don't do it OP. I know this probs a troll, but still...

1.)Unless you have the capital & credit to invest in a multi-million dollar operation, you are going to get stuck running a slightly upscale buy-here, pay here lot

2.)The logistics of running a dealership are insane. If you have no previous car sales experience, you would need a strong business background just to have a grip on your P&L and how to optimize profit

3.)Cars don't support the kind of margin that would be necessary to make a car dealership into a "Vegas" style experience. You'd never make any money

4.)You'd be dealing with dirty, broke ass motherfuckers all the time. Repo'ing cars is fucking awful
>>
>>17693098
>buy-here, pay here lot

I'm very familiar with how profitable those are if you target the right demographic. I've known buy here pay here guys who sold the same car a dozen times over. If I did this, I'd probably also open a lot near the hood under the same license, and use that for the guaranteed cashflow.

>Cars don't support the kind of margin that would be necessary to make a car dealership into a "Vegas" style experience. You'd never make any money

Probably true but I don't mean the upscale sense of a Vegas experience. I mean the EXPERIENCE experience. Think something you'd see in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg if you're a TNfag
>>
>>17693112
>I'm very familiar with how profitable those are if you target the right demographic

That's the thing though, they aren't.

>Think something you'd see in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg if you're a TNfag
That's the thing though, that sort of hook doesn't really work with cars. Or at least as someone who worked in car sales, I have a very VERY hard time picturing it work
>>
i can't think of anything shittier to spend an inheritance on

whoever left you that money is rolling in their grave
>>
>>17693163
>>I'm very familiar with how profitable those are if you target the right demographic
>That's the thing though, they aren't.

Buy Here Pay Here is a license to print money if you aren't a fuckup.
>>
The sad truth is that if you want to make money in the car dealership business, open a buy here-pay here lot with cheap domestic/japanese easy to fix cars (in case you buy a car at auction that needs some work). It is like a license to print money. Buy a car for 3k, mark it up to a sale price of what you think, say 5k. Buyer comes in and says they have a 3k down payment. You sell the car based off their down payment vs how much you have in it....so if the buyer has a 3k down payment, you sell them a car you have 3k in. You sell them the said 3k car for a sale price of 5k, leaving a balance of 2k financed by you (you are financing free money) at whatever rate you can get away with (I think some states limit this to 18-20 percent). Now you install a GPS tracker/kill switch in the car and have a very clear purchase agreement. If they miss a payment, the ignition is killed for say one week. If they don't pay after that week, you locate the vehicle, repossess it and resell it to the next guy. All clearly stated in your purchase agreement. You've made the 3k down payment in your pocket to cover the initial cost of the car, plus any payments, and move on to the next guy where their down payment and payments becomes pure profit. Obviously due to the nature of people buying at buy here/pay here lots, these places have a high rate of default. The rules and regulations of what you can get away with are going to vary by state of course.
>>
>>17692878
Are you a scum bag? Do you like to prey on the ignorant, incompetent, elderly and stupid?
>>
>>17692878
http://stansellseverything.ytmnd.com/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.