[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really hate getting 15+ year old Hondas with recalls still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1499997332419.jpg (9KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1499997332419.jpg
9KB, 300x222px
Where the fuck were you when they sent the letter out you piece of shit?! Theres 200k miles on your car, what's the point of doing the recall now?!
>>
I've never understood recalls, can someone explain them to me please, more specifically if I get a used car with some miles on it (out of warranty) and there was a recall on it years ago can I still take it in to be addressed/fixed and is it free? Do I have to pay for recall repairs if it's a 20 year old car or is the dealership obligated to fix it anyway? If for example my airbags were recalled but I never took it in, can I still do that if I was in a crash and they didn't deploy? (I was in a crash and they didn't deploy and later when I hooked an obd2 scanner to it the computer said they should have deployed in the crash but didnt)
>>
>>17690136
Recalls generally aren't a warranty item. If a recall is put out you can get it repaired for free generally from any car dealer for that car. There may be a window when they will repair recall items though, so don't wait too long.
My '02 bimmer had that airbag recall and they got it done for free a year or two ago.
>>
>>17690155
Thank you.
>>
>>17690136
I have a shitbox 06 civic with 380K km , and has been in an accident, structural damage and all. They still did the work on it. I never would of known this, but the previous owner neglected 2 other recalls from who knows when, but they offered to get those done free as well, but haven't had the time.
>>
>>17690136

The only time we don't honor the recall is when the part in question is missing, is tampered or the resulting crash has damaged it. I get a few civics and accords with airbag recalls that are missing the inflator, or the inflator is deployed. In that case, the recall is void. The customer would have to purchase the sea system for that car. It's not cheap either.

We still perform the airbag recall even if the car has a rebuilt title.
>>
So after 10 years they can see one if their cars that wasn't taken to the dealer and maintained. Almost like a case study. Also just so you can go in and they'll tell you every fluid needs to be changed, the cabin filter is dirty and we need your car for 5 days to do a job I can do in a 6 hours.

My favourite part is booking appointments asking for the service team to call me and explain, what exactly they're doing and replacing, leaving 3 messages and never getting a call back. Those cunts will be sitting on the parts for years I hope.
>>
>>17690222

I honestly don't bother up-selling fluid flushes on anything older than ten years unless they asked to inspect the vehicle for anything or if the vehicle has a history of on schedule maintenance.
>>
>>17689991
Recalls are for soft cocks.
Ride it out.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.