[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is driving a Mustang GT or Camaro SS as a DD in snowy areas dumb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Is driving a Mustang GT or Camaro SS as a DD in snowy areas dumb? Has anyone personally done it? I have a semi-quick 4th gen LS1 that's loud and shitty to drive and a Ram 1500 but I'd like to get rid of both and get something newer that I could drive all year and have just 1 car.
>>
Get studded snow tires and fill the trunk up with sandbags
>>
Winter tires, and don't drive like an idiot.
>>
>>17688191

Wait and save up for the AWD challenger that's going to come out m8.
>>
>>17688208

2slow4me
>>
>>17688208
it's already out, V6 only

OP I did it with a 300whp 2005 Mustang GT in rural Wisconsin. Had to be really slow and careful everywhere but overall it was fine.
>>
>>17688216

Snow tires?
>>
>>17688191
Alot of people drive there rustangs here in the winter in Canada
>>
Genesis coupe year round in Alaska
Get good tires and you're fine
>>
>>17688191
did an 335i for a few winters in Wisconsin. RWD is no problem just get some snow tires and some sandbags at home depot. Only time i ever got stuck is when the snow clearing truck went down my street and buried my car
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Get the smallest, skinniest steelies that will clear your brake calipers and don't cheap out on good winter tires. You'll be fine in the snow if you are easy with the throttle.
>>
File: IMG_20170206_063839.jpg (4MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170206_063839.jpg
4MB, 4640x2610px
I've driven my CTS-V through the snow and frozen roads a few times on performance all seasons. It did well. Live in Washington so they have hardly any snow equipment for the roads. Planning on a second set of wheels for dedicated all seasons. Limited slip differential does wonders and common sense driving will get you to where you need to go.
>>
Not completely terrible because both cars are heavy as fuck. Lots of people do it here in Canada with a foot or two of snow on the ground. Challengers too. Just need really good tires. They drive super slow too.

Corvettes you'll never see in winter though. Sketchy as fuck because they weigh like 700lbs less than the other cars.
>>
>>17688191
I drive a Mustang year round in Canada. I use Blizzak WS80's on 2 different rwd cars. No stuffing the trunk, no nonsense. With proper tires and common sense, it's not even difficult. Learn how to drive in the snow, don't be a retard and know when to stay home and you'll be fine. Same rules apply for all cars.
>>
File: received_10152234384207792.jpg (119KB, 1408x1056px) Image search: [Google]
received_10152234384207792.jpg
119KB, 1408x1056px
>>17688191
I too have a quick fourth gen. It's OK in the winter, not as good as some, but controllable enough to plow through 8 inches of fresh snow and keep going through windy, hilly KY roads without stopping unless I put on the brakes. You may need to rock it a bit to get going depending on the consistency and terrain, but once going you're good. A word about limited slip differentials; for going straight it's great, but when turning the back will kick out every time, it's not like a nice open diff where one wheel will peel and the other will track. Have a light foot no matter what and don't be stupid, test your the limits in a parking lot.

Pic semi related, a nice dusting form a few years ago.
>>
>>17688699
Actually this. You think skinny is bad at first, but skinny tires cut through the snow to the ground underneath.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.