[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a new clutch installed a few hours ago. I did maybe 3 pulls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: heavy_duty_clutch_kit.jpg (61KB, 580x409px) Image search: [Google]
heavy_duty_clutch_kit.jpg
61KB, 580x409px
Got a new clutch installed a few hours ago. I did maybe 3 pulls to redline and shifted 1st to 2nd quite hard. I haven't followed break in procedure for the clutch. Did i fuck my shit up?
>>
File: blockhead.jpg (250KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
blockhead.jpg
250KB, 800x800px
>>17683126
>I haven't followed break in procedure for the clutch. Did i fuck my shit up?
Hopefully.
>>
Depends, is it an exedy like your pic or is it an "extreme" clutch? Did you yell "It's Extreme!" While you dumped it?
>>
File: 8c8.jpg (7KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
8c8.jpg
7KB, 191x234px
Enjoy your glazing, I guess.
>>
>>17683126
You fucking deserve what you get.
>>
File: IMG_1211.jpg (53KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1211.jpg
53KB, 900x506px
>>17683139
No I yelled "YEAH! I'M WILD!"
>>
>>17683139
No dumping. Always smooth off a stand still. Just reved it high and shifted somewhat hard.
>>
>>17683181
You probably would have been better off to dump it, that woulda worn her in!
>>
>>17683181
Depends on how long you let the clutch ride.

You can glaze a worn-in clutch if you let it ride hot enough.
>>
>>17683126
Yes
>>
>>17683196
>>17683181
Well yeah you're not really supposed to baby it, the idea is to mash it in hard enough that it beds in and doesn't slip/glaze but not so hard that it slips/glazes.

Ironically the rough gear changes probably would have been the best thing you did.
>>
File: clutch.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
clutch.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
you're gonna get a glazed clutch

stop driving like that for like only 500 miles you child.

pretend you're driving to keep the clutch temperature at a minimum
>>
>>17683250
heard its heat cycles that help the clutch bed in. i was told it was okay to shift at redline and take it there, but not to ride the clutch.
>>
>>17683253
You heard right, make sure you don't ride it or drop it so hard it slips, other than that the harder you hit it the faster it beds in.
>>
>>17683228
Mmm. Same thing I do with new brakes.
People are always on my ass like 'Oh you gotta be gentle on them for the first few hundred K's'.
Depending on the composite, obviously, if I'm running G-Loc R12's I'll follow their procedure to the letter but for the average Joe and machines rotors, slam those fuckers quickly a couple times.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.