[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup queers I need a bit of help with my insurance A couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: car_crash_rs.jpg (255KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
car_crash_rs.jpg
255KB, 1000x600px
sup queers

I need a bit of help with my insurance

A couple weeks ago I rear-ended someone in my foxbody after a day at the track, crushing some 2017 Sentra's bumper cover. I asked what they wanted to do, they asked what I wanted to do, and we came to the conclusion to take each others' numbers and driver's license numbers and they knew a guy who'd get back with an estimate.

Here's the tricky part. My insurance gave me a call today while I was at work explaining that x insurance company filed a claim and since their is no police report that they need me to weigh in.

Is there a way I can get out of it by lying? We agreed that this would stay out of the insurance in order to keep my rates from going up (lol 19) and them out of trouble (car was loud as fuck, could smell the shit before i even got out of my car), wat do
>>
So the other guy used his insurance to pay for his cars damage? Then I guess you can say you didn't do it. Or at least that wasn't the deal. Did he take any pictures of you or your car at the accident?
>>
>>17681229
yeah we took pictures and swapped info, but he didn't take a picture of my car or my plate. Could I Wolf of Wall Street and say that I do not recall?
>>
>>17681318
He has your drivers license so that might be a hurdle. You're the one at fault. So mainly it comes down to how much you want to fuck yourself. Your insurance does not want to pay money, so they'll most likely take your side no matter what you say. But if they do end up paying they'll raise your rates.
>>
that's why you NEVER mutually agree with the person you hit to "yeah sure man lets do this privately no insurance involved I'll pay for the damages" because well would ya look at that, they broke their promise and went to their insurance company. They always do, don't trust a fucking stranger in situations like this.
>>
If your asking if you should commit insurance fraud then no you shouldnt lie. you hit the guy. thats why you have insurance. why set yourself up to get dropped by the insurance company and get extra reamed by whatever company you sign up with next
>>
>>17681494
How is this insurance fraud? He asked for the guy to get an estimate and he went and got insurance involved. You need the police to determine who's at fault. OP could take his car to the shop, call his insurance and say the other guy hit him. Most likely this will become a he said he said issue, both insurances will tell them to not be idiots next time.
>>
>>17681196
Lmao, you rear ended him, unless you have video of him backing into you, it will default to being 100% your fault no matter how much you try to lie your way out of it.
>>
If its just your word against theirs, its almost anyones game. If you do lie about it and it all goes pear shaped somehow you will look like a bigger idiot then you already did for rear ending someone, and be in an even deeper hole trying to explain why you flat out lied.
>>
>>17681196
I don't know how insurances work where you live, but over here you have the option of paying out of your pocket for the damage caused to the other vehicle, even if the insurance is involved.
This is useful if the damage is low and reasonably cheap to repair so your rate won't go up.

Read your contract or just call your insurance and just pretend to be a possible new customer and ask for this detail.

Just so you know, shops tend to inflate their quotes quite a lot when insurance is involved, so if you actually can pay with your money, try to talk with the shop used by the other guy to explain the situation and to keep the quote to a reasonable level.
>>
>>17681196
Have you given them any money or have any repairs being done on their car??
>>
You ask them what they need, and don't lie but don't say a damn word they don't pry out of your mouth.

They're better than you at this, you have fucked up though by not calling the police.

They fucked up by agreeing to it.

Don't lie, make them force every word from you.
Ask them what this is related to, what you need to legally provide.

Be a politician, queer.
>>
>gets insurance
>rear ends a 2017 suv
>nah ill pay out of my pocket.
-are you retarded? Your fucking quota wont go by as much as they would ask you to pay, im pretty sure they would ask a couple hundred bucks at the very least to have the bumper repainted profesionally, and the insurance wont go up that much lol. The only reason to pay your way out of an accident is if it's a minor dent on a beater car which the owner obviously doesnt take car for. Give him 10 bucks in that case that will get them a dose.
>>
Sageru
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.