[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to cars. My first car is a 2005 Taurus hatch back.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (9KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 228x221px
I'm new to cars. My first car is a 2005 Taurus hatch back. And Yes, it's fucking disgusting. I plan to get a 2010 SHO, but I don't want to give up my shitty hatchback. I want to do something full blown retarded with it. I want to turn it into a rally car. I want that ugly fucker to fly wide open through a desert. I don't care what I do to the car as long as I leave the body style mostly intake. And yes I am a new fag and I'm fully aware that this is retarded as fuck. Anyway, I need ideas. GO!
>>
>>17676041
Gut the interior put a roll cage, a racing harness and a steering wheel and you are ready, if you intend on doing some crazy shit, you might need to reinforce the suspension and change the tires.
>>
>>17676058
What's the biggest Motor you can put in it? The hood ac and anything else that is not essential to the primary function of the vehicle other than the headlights is expendable here.
>>
>>17676081
You can probably throw a V8 in it, but it's totally not worth it. A turbo would be a better solution. Although transversely mounted engines, especially V6s are a fucking nightmare to work on.
>>
>>17676100
>OP has no experience with cars
>DUDE SWAP IT LMAO
>>17676041
It's your first car. If it's practical, which it is, just drive it. Then save up for completely impractical fun car.
>>
>>17676100
So a turbo v6 would be better?
>>
>>17676111
Wasted trips.

Did you read anything at all?
I am discouraging him from swapping it, because it's a shitshow. He also said that he wanted a basic rally car, so I said just to make it safe.

>l2r
>>
>>17676111
There's no fun in that, plus like I said I'm already getting a better. I just want to fuck with my shitty one because I love my shitty one.
>>
Is this your only vehicle?

We're just talking hooning by yourself in the desert? Right? (sounds amazing, btw)

Understand that you WILL crash, and it will probably fuck up your suspension and maybe axles, leaving you unable to drive back. You will need to be towed, and you'd better not pull a "Four Days Out" and get stuck in the desert with no phone reception or water.

You will ideally have $15+ thousand lying around for inevitable repairs and (if you don't get a cage welded in + neck bracing) $50+k lying around for medical bills to save your ass.

--- Just get a fucking dual sport. ---
>>
>>17676115
If you really wanna blow money on a turd, I guess a turbo is easier to fit than a bigger engine.
>>
>>17676139
And? Lol I said only the body remains suspension and axle are getting changed too.
>>
>>17676165
Even upgraded parts can get fucked even in a low-speed accident. I'm talking about recovery from a crash + spares.
>>
>>17676160
Okay which ones are best?
>>
>>17676190
And?
>>
you're better off trading the Taurus for a car that is actually capable of surviving a rally, but at least parts will be cheap as fuck.

You can totally turbo a Duratec 3.0 Taurus. Even Twin Turbo, though you would probably have a turbine sitting where your HVAC plenum is supposed to go. Cooling all that would be a mess with a transverse V6. If you have the Vulcan just don't even bother.

Then you will have to figure out how to lift it and put some proper suspension work into it so it can survive, roll cage, skid plates, racing seats and harnesses, lighting tires. If you actually want to do more than go slow, you will need a real differential in the thing so you can actually put power to the ground whilst turning.

Just trade the Taurus for a Civic hatchback and rally that instead, but stick a Taurus front bumper and lights on it for keks. A fucking Del Sol with a 3rd-gen Taurus bumper bolted to it flying 10 feet in the air is way funnier than just a Taurus slowly hefting itself through the course.
>>
>>17676204
Get a Turbo from a wrecked subaru or some shit, it doesn't really matter, as you won't be getting more than 280 bhp either way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.