[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, I don't browse this board much but I want to ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1426664755712.gif (514KB, 525x539px) Image search: [Google]
1426664755712.gif
514KB, 525x539px
Hi /o/, I don't browse this board much but I want to ask my question here

>have to drive to work b/c public transportation here is shit
>one way commute is typically 1hr 30mins
>absolutely hate driving
>not rich enough to uber/taxi every day

Anyone have tips on making driving to & from work less painful? Does one need a particular "state of mind" for long-distance driving daily?
>>
>>17675599

Get a motorcycle
>>
>>17675608
I live in a semi-metro area dominated by niggers and spics who can't drive for shit. A motorcycle here is basically a death sentence. I can't drive one anyways
>>
>>17675599
Yea i do about the same. Podcasts or audiobooks is the answer. There is a fuckton of good shit out there. I listen to Joe Rogan, Sam Harris, and Tim Ferris' podcasts personally.
>>
>>17675630
I didn't consider that, thanks. I'll try it out
>>
File: 420wankelit.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
420wankelit.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>he doesn't listen to eurobeat for every commute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItjjWECjD_M
>u better take ur chance it's right now

>inb4 eurobeat sux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0B53K7MBZ4
no it doesn't
>>
>1.5HR trip each way
Have you tried living closer, you dumb shit.
>>
>>17675766
tried it. eurobeat in the car just stresses me out more

>>17675774
rent's too high closer to work
>>
>>17675766
This. I've never gotten to my destination quicker than since I've started listening to eurobeat.
>>
File: 1462659102229.jpg (44KB, 601x337px) Image search: [Google]
1462659102229.jpg
44KB, 601x337px
>>17675802
>eurobeat in the car just stresses me out more
u need to get hektik my dude
>hate driving
it's the only way to remove the curse of OPs faggotry
>>
>>17675599
THIS IS WHY TALK RADIO STILL EXISTS AND HOWARD STERN IS PAID HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS

PEOPLE STUCK IN THEIR CARS COMMUTING HAVE TO LISTEN TO SOMETHING TO KEEP FROM LOSING THEIR MINDS
>>
>>17675599
I typically drive without any music

There's very little time people spend actually just...thinking. Driving is a great time to meditate, you're already doing something droll and automatic.

Longer drives (1hr+) end up being some of the most enlightening.

You also end up learning a lot about the noises your car makes and when.
>>
>>17675887
I alternate between this and classical music
>>
I actually enjoy pretending to be a race car driver doing 180 mph (while i'm actually doing 64 in a 55) and trying to focus on all the cars on the road ahead of me while developing and retaining a solid mental imagery of the vehicles behind me, all the while internally simulating and predicting the movements of traffic. If I don't actively use my brain while driving I will get sleepy, so I force myself to do way more than I really have to. It feels good to exercise my brain like this.
>>
This is a comfy thread, I'm happy to see other people enjoying so many of the things I enjoy
>>
daily reminder that eurobeat is superior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqy-FTgz294
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.