[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on this beautiful car? How reliable was the Saturn cars...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: saturn astra white.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
saturn astra white.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
Opinion on this beautiful car? How reliable was the Saturn cars... Astra, Ion, etc
>>
It was a company basically made up of gray market imports so that people could 'buy american' and still get their imported tuner cars.

The Ion Redline was the most worthwhile thing to own and that was only because they could be found for pretty affordable prices. There were two OEM kits for it that would bring the hp up to 236-241 which wasn't bad at all for a sub 3000lbs car.
>>
>>17673361
All Saturns up until the Ion were built in America. The Ion was built in Tennessee.

Anyways OP, they're pretty reliable. Not exciting unless you have a Sky or an Ion, but reliable and decent.
>>
File: autowp.ru_opc_mixed_7[1].jpg (959KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
autowp.ru_opc_mixed_7[1].jpg
959KB, 2048x1536px
It still upsets me that the US never got the hot versions of the Astra, Vectra/Aura and Insignia/Regal.
>>
>>17673377
so i think i can get an 2008 astra XR for 4000$... its got like 140,000km on it
im worried it'll break down in a month lol.

another option is a 2005 accord EX-V6 for 4700 (90,000km)
>>
>>17673438
Astra's are fine. They were built in Germany and shipped to the USA. Just make sure there's maintenance history and that the timing belt of the 1.8L engine was changed on time. Otherwise, factor in the price to have the timing belt replace into the price of the car.
>>
>>17674312
Don't forget the v6 in that Accord uses a belt too and is about do since it's likely a 12yo belt. About $600 to pay a mechanic to do it.
>>
>>17674312
might go for it then, white brother
>>
Here in the UK the drivers of these cars are:
>Corsa: skinny white wannabe boy racers with their 1.0L
>Astra: more faggot kids whose parents bought them a 1.4L which they blast out nigger music from
>Vectra: Foreigners who cant afford BMW's/Audi's

in general here
Vauxhall (Opel) owners are just trash tier humans
>>
Most saturns are decent little shitbox economy cars. Saturn was just rebadging euro cars for most of the 2000s. Whatever car youre going to get, get the name of the platform and see what cars it shares parts with. Some cars had plastic bodypanels which is great anywhere they use harsh road salt. I got a 2000 LS1 with literally no rust anywhere, it feels good. I don't know much about other saturn engine, but mine is sitting at 134k with no engine work done. Just regular maintenance. Do your research on both cars, though. 50k km is nothing to just skip over if its a 700 dollar difference.
>>
File: 1668794saturn-aura-2[1].jpg (266KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1668794saturn-aura-2[1].jpg
266KB, 1600x1200px
>>17673330

They ruined the Aura by watering it down from the concept.
>>
>>17675368
Opel drivers are the last few normal people.
What you described are GTI drivers around here.
It's always some fuccboi who think he's hot shit.
>>
>>17675782
they ruined saturn by making badge engineering it with other gm cars
>>
>>17675368
I'm triggered with the vectra's stereotype
>>
>>17673330
Loltimingbelts and the rear brake callipers lock on, which munches through pads.
>>
>>17673404
They were a bit shit, you aren't missing much. Looked nice though
>>
>>17673330
Their early line of cars, the S-Series have three body styles on a unique, Saturn platform with a choice of either a single cam or double cam engine. The engines are fairly bulletproof and the overwhelmingly plastic nature of the cars means a good portion of the exterior won't rust and they're light. Also since the door panels are plastic you won't see a saturn with dents (unfortunately the plastic can crack if you hit it hard enough). Common issues are the ECT sensor, and cracks in the engine head on pre 1998 SOHC engines. If you're looking for a reliable commuter with a low budget they're perfect. Parts/internet tutorials are abundant. Some people tune and mod them but it's not really common, most in the sub >1,500 range have also been spared the rice too.
>>
>>17677454
The Astra wasn't shit tbqh
>>
>>17677454
They were stupid fast in a straight line for their time and for their price.
Handling on the Vectra was abysmal, but there's plenty of fun to be had fighting with a car that's constantly trying to rip the steering wheel out of your hands, just ask MazdaSpeed3 owners.
>>
File: CIMG9704.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG9704.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>17673330
My 2008 Opel Astra 3 door with the 1.4l 90bhp engine ran forever without a single problem. It would also reach red line in the highest gear, thought that was impressive. That said, it's heavy and slow and towards the end of owning it I constantly had the RPM in the 4000+ range just to get usable power, so I sold it. I loved it for the entire 6 years I owned it and don't miss it at all.
>>
>>17677231
oh the GTI, or Golf owners in general here are paki's and indians who think they're hot shit. Here the Corsa is like the go to first car for any fuccboi
>>17677287
If it means anything I was mostly referring to the Vectra C (2002 onwards) model
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.