[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How shit is the 4.7l v8 in dodge 1/2 ton trucks? They are alot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 47-v8.jpg (47KB, 528x482px) Image search: [Google]
47-v8.jpg
47KB, 528x482px
How shit is the 4.7l v8 in dodge 1/2 ton trucks? They are alot cheaper on the used market than the 5.7 hemi and of course muh cummins. I mean for general landbarge commuting and weekend fishing pole carrier
>>
Having a problem with mine in a gc, stumbles cuts out at speed. No shops know what it is because when it cools down it starts and erases the codes. I've let it idle and get good and hot but it runs fine, only when hot on the interstate will it fail. Shoulda gotten the i6. Get the 5.7.
>>
>>17670202
Get a 426.
>>
>>17670222
It's 100% the coil packs or the plug wires from the coil packs.
It's load related, the speed is only coincidental.
>>17670202
The oil pump likes to shit the bed around 75k. Usually total loss of oil pressure while driving, and 2-5 minutes of not noticing later, the motor is shitter'd. Replace the oil pump and they're fine engines.
Get the 5.7 if you can afford it, but I'm guessing you can't.
>>
>>17670266
I got a coil pack for it but I've never seen a single pack take down a whole engine at speed.
>>
I have one of the only 4 dodge rams in my country and incidentally I actually know all the other guys.

Myself and another have 4.7's, one has a 5.7 and the other has a 5.2.

The other 4.7 man has never had an issue with his engine

I have had issues that started from a stuck thermostat before I bought the vehicle and some power steering lines rotting

5.2 man has never had any issues either

5.7 man has what we are all jelly of but his level of complaints keep us from being too jelly. Though most of his complaints are not engine related, except for rotting exhaust manifolds, they are all 5.7 vehicle sensor and electrical specific. Like all the 5.7 sensors are in completely different places to the others.
>>
>>17670202
>>17670459

Also

>Fishing pole carrier

Might as well get an i4 Dakota if you have to get a Dodge pickup.
>>
i had a 4.7 in an 04 dodge dakota. I sold the truck with 225,000 miles. I never had a single problem with it. All sensors, coils etc were original. Plugs were changed of course, and all other routine maintance was done. The current owner now has 275,000 miles and still not a single issue.

My wife had a 2005 grand cherokee with the 4.7. once it hit about 150,000 miles it was constant fucking problems. It did overheat once, and from there it was just never right.

If the 4.7 overheats, not even a full overheat, but maybe 3/4s it will go to shit. If you keep your coolant changed and topped up, change the oil, you probably will never have an issue with it.
>>
4.7 is a reliable engine it just makes fuck all power.
>>
So is the 4.7 reliable or not? I'm looking to buy a gc.

Also, WJ or WK? If WK, should I just get the 5.7?
>>
>>17670202
They're ok engines. I purchased a jeep off the lot before I was a car god and had no idea about cars. The engine had a tick but it still lasted years and didn't explode.
>>17671012
decent torque tho
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.