[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /o/ workin on a 96 f250 with the 5.8 efi (351) someone i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 55007.520.jpg (24KB, 520x356px) Image search: [Google]
55007.520.jpg
24KB, 520x356px
sup /o/
workin on a 96 f250 with the 5.8 efi (351)
someone i wanna trade with is checking this thing out tomorrow so i figured today id give it a tune up. exhaust was smelling a little sweet so i figured id repalce the upper and lower intake gasket. everything going well, until i take the lower intake of and 3 out of the 4 corner bolts/studs break off in the head.
If i throw this thing back together, is it going to burn tons of coolant? or will it probalby be about the same as it was before? what do you think?
>>
right now im leaning towards just slapping new gaskets on with some rtv and crossing my fingers. if anyone has any experience with this shit id love to hear about it
>>
imma bump this one more time before is start putting it back together with the broken bolts
>>
>>17669938
I wouldn't really be worried about it. But check and see if your gaskets are supposed to have rtv on them, mine specifically said not to.
>>
>>17669938
>>17670116
Oh I just realized you said actual bolts, I thought you meant like alignment dowels or something. I would get the old bolts out first as painful as it may be.
>>
>>17669938
You live in a road salt state, OP? Studs like to do that. You have a few options none of them all that good. It is a topic youtube covers though.
>>
>>17669938
>>17669973
Ik im late to the party but being a sbf guy it will either leak into your valley or runners these engines do it if you don't torque the manifold in the right cross pattern so missing bolts your def gonna have a leak
>>
it wont seal properly without every single bolt available for torqueing
>>
File: IMG_4158.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4158.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>17669938
I literally just dealt with this, easy out worked on both of the broken intake bolts.
>>
File: IMG_4160.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4160.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17672021
Same engine too lol 352 in an f150, 2 of them broke both came out with the easy ot
>>
>>17672021
>>17671814
thanks for the input. bout to start getting back at this thing, got the supplies in need for heli coiling the fronttwo, hopefully i can get the one in the backcorner out otherwise im gonna have to go buy a right angle drill. wish me luck!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.