[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/, I'm looking to get a toyota pickup of some sort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: pickup.jpg (70KB, 1117x660px) Image search: [Google]
pickup.jpg
70KB, 1117x660px
hey /o/, I'm looking to get a toyota pickup of some sort and was hoping for some advice. which generation of these trucks is "best"? how much of a difference is there between generations? should I look at ones with straight axles or IFS? How are these trucks when it comes to rust? Any advice about the engines, besides "avoid the v6"? pic related is my favorite body style of all the generations
>>
>>17669735
The last gen that uses solid axle, they didn't really change much until they went to IFS.
straight axle is obviously better but IFS cucks will chime in shortly saying IFS is just as good or better.
They are bad when it comes to rust, it's basically a meme.
I don't have to worry since I live in the southwest, nothing rusts here, not even toyotas.
Avoid the 3.0 entirely, horrible engine that makes no power and will 100% blow the head gasket, while getting awful fuel mileage.
>>
>>17669741
Thanks, so I'd probably need to be looking in the 84-85 range, right? also, is an automatic even worth considering or should I stick with the 5 speed? the autos are rare but I have seen a few
>>
>>17669735
i own an 88 and a 92 toyota pickup

the 92 is my project, it has a blown engine and the paint is shit

the 88 has a rebuilt engine and is lifted. pretty good condition. i use it as DD. the trucks are built to last. rust IS a big enemy and usually the trucks arent worth putting new engines in. you have to want them to be a project. parts are really cheap and it is easy to work on them
overall they are worth it if you are going to be doing the work yourself. if you need to go to a mechanic they probably arent a great choice
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.