[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posted this on /adv/ by you bros should've been my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0502.jpg (580KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0502.jpg
580KB, 1280x768px
Posted this on /adv/ by you bros should've been my first stop. My uncle passed last year and my aunt is having an estate sale. He had purchased pic related years ago to restore, but unfortunately didn't have a chance. He was a big Mopar guy. I have alot of respect for my uncle and know he wouldve been so proud if I took up his project. It's a 1972 (73?) Dodge Demon. Here's the thing...my aunt wants 9k for it. This includes brand new seats, transmission, 2003 hemi engine from a 1500 ram I believe and has all the parts it needs to be running. My question is how doable is this, is 9k too much and how expensive would this all be? I'd have to ship it from Oregon to California as well. It would be my first restoration and my experience is limited.
>>
>>17665977
This is very doable...talk to your Aunt, see if you can do payments or some shit...get your Gramma to badger her...rent a fucking car haul trailer from U-Haul, drive north and pick the fucking car up, turn around and drive home...
>>
>>17665977
Whew that's a lot for somebody else's unassembled project. Does it have the computer setup sorted for the modern engine? Do you have a workspace?

It's so fucking awkward to place monetary value on emotional shit like this. I assume this aunt is by-marriage and not your blood? Otherwise you'd know what she wants $9000 for and she'd put some value on keeping it in the family etc etc.
>>
>>17666081
I felt a bit stung by her price but I understand why. She's selling everything to buy a new house to live in by herself down here in California. I'm telling myself I'm okay with it due to it helping her in some sort of way.
>>
>>17666091
But there are so many other ways you could help her. Like if you're transporting the car "down there" anyway you could move her while you're at it. You could find her a good deal on a house and save her way more than $9,000 just by having the right connection of course then you're responsible if something goes wrong sometimes it probably really is better to just sign a check.

Maybe do try the payments route. Like, give her $1,000 or so just to take a swing at it, bring it back to your garage and start working on it then if you end up being successful with the project you pay her the rest and she transfers the title. Is she having any other interest in it at that price?
>>
>>17666128
She said she had some interest at 12k when she looked around. I'm not sure how that's possible I didn't think Demons we're particularly popular? I tried the payment plan but she scratched that and needs a lump sum. The situation sucks and seems to be her final offer
>>
>>17666235
Not the other guy, but she's a stuckup bitch. I honestly would tell her no deal just to spite her, but I know you want to keep it in the family.
>>
>>17666252
Do you think the price is worth keeping it in the family?
>>
If it had all the parts it needed to run it would already be running. Your uncle couldn't figure it out or something is fucked, just like every other failed project that "only needs just ___." If it was easy it wouldn't be a non running project car. It's not worth anywhere close to $9k regardless of nostalgic or family value. Let her list it for a year with no takers like every other boomer and offer $4000 after that.
>>
NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I GOT
>>
>>17666286
I'm not that well versed on Mopars or burger cars in general, but the price seems way too steep to keep it in the family.
If it was all together maybe it'd be worth the 9k but she should be selling it to you for no more than 5.
>>
>>17666293
This OP, nobody is gonna buy that shit
>>
it might be worth it if it had the original 340 with it, but its worth less than 5k imo.
id pay 5k for family, 2k for random cletus
>>
>>17666286
>>17666310
>paying MORE for a family deal
Typically families operate by selling their cars/houses/etc. for LESS than the average market price, not 3x as much. Something is wrong if you are doing it the other way around.
>>
Thanks for the help guys. As much as it fucking blows I think the move is to not buy it, and maybe get something cheaper to fix up that he would've been proud of.
>>
>>17665977
>9k

>no experience

>living in cali

>unfinished project cars

Anon i dont wanna tell people to get off from things with emotional attachment but unless you have a LOT of time and money to spend (i assume you dont since you live in cali) its not a good idea. The car isn't even worth 9k as it is either.
>>
>>17666317
i meant as in the sense to help out the aunt
>>
>>17666324

Find a similar year Dart Swinger. Same basic car, way cheaper (generally).
>>
>>17666338
Here's how a family car transaction should go
>Aunt: Well, the car is worth $4000, but seeing as you are my brothers son why don't you give me $2500
>Nephew: Oh thanks so much, but I know you need money for the move why don't I just give you the fair value of $4000

Here's how a family transaction should not go
>Aunt: $9000 no lowballers this thing will run like a raped ape everything there just needs 2 parts and 5 minutes of labor don't need to sell just testing the water so don't waste my time, I know what I got similar selling at Mecum for $80k this is a steal keywords: Hemi Challenger Mopar Charger Pro Touring Hot Rod Beanie Babies Vintage Gas Station Signs
>Nephew: Well, ummm, I guess uhhhh I'll take it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.