[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halp, /o/. I have an '04 Mustang GT that pulls to the left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Ford-Mustang-LA-Crash[1].jpg (84KB, 960x520px) Image search: [Google]
Ford-Mustang-LA-Crash[1].jpg
84KB, 960x520px
Halp, /o/. I have an '04 Mustang GT that pulls to the left while braking. I bought the car this way and assumed the pulling was due to the worn out steering and brakes I got it with. So I replaced all the shit that was getting tired:

>Steering rack
>Rack bushings
>Front calipers
>Front hoses
>Rear calipers
>Rear pads and rotors
>Front and rear shocks
>Rear quad shocks

But it still pulls in the exact same way. Only thing I haven't done is get an alignment, but that's happening next week now that the steering and struts are fixed. Tie rod ends, ball joins, and control arm bushings feel good.

Am I missing something here or could it be purely an alignment issue? Car starts pulling when you hit the brakes but evens out if you keep on them.
>>
>>17665844
Did you do your front brake rotors and pads? Do you have uneven tire wear?
>>
>>17665844
That's actually a standard feature to avoid plowing into crowds
>>
>>17665854

No uneven tire wear. I didn't do the rotors and pads in the front, since they look good and have been wearing evenly. I think they were fairly new when I bought the car.
>>
>>17665858

But I'm going to a car show tomorrow and everyone will laugh if I don't hit a pedestrian.
>>
>>17665862
The rotors could be warped, that's not something you can really tell by looking. Every if they're only bent a hair, it'll cause noticable problems
>>
>>17665844
You should have gotten an alignment BEFORE spending hundreds of dollars on brake parts.
>>
>>17665844
So you basically changed everything and didn't change what was causing it? That's the symptom of warped rotors.
>>
maybe you're just a fat cunt and your weight causes it to pull to the left
>>
>>17665898
>>17665952
I'm used to warped rotors giving a shaking or pulsing in the pedal. No?

>>17665901
It needed it anyway. Rear brakes were completely toast in every respect and one front caliper was starting to drag.
>>
>guys this thing happens when braking
>doesn't replace the brakes
>>
Get an alignment?
>>
front right brake line is kinked.
>>
>>17666172

Already replaced the hoses, and the hard lines are like new.
>>
>>17665844
Your devil mustang want more blood
>>
>>17665980
>I'm used to warped rotors giving a shaking or pulsing in the pedal. No?
They do but they also can pull to a side.
>>
This sounds a LOT like a worn out ball joint. Suspension ball joint most likely... when you brake, the joint takes its play and you pulls...

Jack your car and check if you have vertical or horizontal play in your wheels
>>
>>17667137
Plus one for the ball joint. My friend had a failure on his 96. Wasnt pretty.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.