[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ cto/d/1995-bmw-318ti-5sp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: bmw318ti purple.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bmw318ti purple.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/1995-bmw-318ti-5spd/6245981083.html

Give me some feedback on this /o/. Worth checking out? also, what parts would i need / would be good to replace if i were to buy it and just replace the head?
>>
>>17660444
Getting a new engine would be less hassle then having redo the head. If you have the dough just go ahead and do a M50/M52 swap as its pretty much just a bolt in.

Other than that, the suspension and the coolant system will probably need to be replaced if hasn't been done already.
>>
>>17660466
agreed, but im on a budget. I know thats already a negative if im looking to buy a car that needs work, but i figure putting a new head on it can't be too terribly complicated, and i can get plenty of help. later down the line id like to mod it and motor swap but for now i just need a daily
>>
>>17660444
Where in phoenix are you?

Fellow desert fag that knows a little about E36s here.

I would budget getting an entirely new (used) motor to drop in. Then when the car is runing and sell the left overs to recop costs. It's a pain in the dick to pick up somebodies project and I don't ever trust motors that have been left open like this one has.
>>
>>17660618
i'm on the west side of town, over by the 101 and grand ave. this would be my first euro car, always had jap cars
>>
>>17660618
also i have talked to the guy, and its not a project. his daughter got her head gasket fixed a year ago and im sure somebody just fucked up. it looks to be stock to me, but im arranging to go see it
>>
>>17660444
Desert fags have it so good. I hate living in a Swamp that consumes everything metal.
>>
>>17660654
except when its 115 for 6 months out the year and even walking to the mailbox feels like an invitation for heat stroke
>>
>>17660660
Hi heat, have you met humidity?
>>
>>17660681
spent time in florida, got family in the south ive stayed with for a couple weeks, and I'd take 90 degrees and 80% humidity over walking on the floor of hell in arizona... its like opening the oven door and feeling a rush of hot air, every single day.
>>
>>17660691
Vice versa, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side huh?
>>
>>17660691
Florida is worse trust me
>>
>>17660691
Mesa here. I visited florida two months ago and fuck that shit. Give me dry heat any day.
>>
>>17660466
This met a guy at the Scottsdale meet with an M52 swapped 318i. The compact models are fairly rare here
>>
I'm from Ger, driving my 318ti e36 since 8 years, and i love it, but i wouldn't buy this one because it doesnt have the m package. And too much work for this price. To the M package. It is the best you can have for low money. The M seats are very comfy and sporty at the same time. But the biggest difference is the cars without m package doesn't have a locking differential. And this is vital for a little sportscoupe. It is another driving. And you can do nice drifts. With the 318ti 140 ps you need some wet streets, put some more air in the wheels and lets go. Furthermore the curve driving is with locking diff a difference if you go back to cars without diffs. I started driving with locking diff and i never would buy a car without at least 25% locking diff if i want fun in this car. Compacts are really nice cars. Much space in the car, and tiny at same time with nice quality. I wouldn't buy a shitbox like this and invest more money in searching an original 318ti or 323ti with m package. they are very price stable and they will increase in the next years (like other e36 are doing already), because nice to drive durable and not too much electronic. t. German Compact bro
>>
>>17660444
>318ti
I don't understand why people buy these things or any low end BMW. Just buy a Toyota instead.
>>
>>17661544
>BMW
>low end
>buy Toyota instead
lul

a friend of mine owns a z3, which has many in common with the compact, he had a 323ti
and he owns a MX5 NA 1.8 . He says mx5 is a nice car, puristic, but the quality for this price, is worse. He only buys good collectors car, z3 good condition, and mx5 was good condition too. And he had to invest much more in the mx5 in 2 years then in the z3 in 7 years. The listing prices of mx5 and z3 was the same at those times. But BMWs value is much more now, because it is more durable, nice qulity. At the MX5 it squeak and grates, much plastic no love with internieur. The same is for toyatas, they have nice engines, are good balanced, but you have to understand Asians are opportunists in car building , germans are perfections. At least for the cars before 2005, now the greedy car manufactors here doing the same shit and producing cars with less quality for same price, it is because they outsourced much production and look more on profits.
But really fuck off with your stupid dumb biased opinion, they all other then low end cars as i said at least till 2004 (perhaps 2006-2007).
Asian cars are just other cars, i dont hate them but here in Germany the problem of the asian cars are the winter.
I dont blame asian cars, but hate such Trumpist like you, and just say an opinion without any reason or proof.
I tried to help OP at least with a long term opinion (>>17661510)
Your post is useless and just dumb.
>>
>>17660444
Just buy a civic for 3k
>>
>>17661647
I think OP isn't a girl and needs a sporty RWD not FWD girls cars
>>
>>17662141
>18i
>sporty
Pick one
>>
>>17661544
318ti is the only half decent bimmer
>>
>>17662387
>this is what poorfags actually believe
>>
Op checking back, idk how this thread isnt kilt off but whatever.

>>17662387
>>17662360
>>17661647
>>17661544

I just want something with some character. A purple 3 series Compact (rare here in the States) with the 5 speed and euro lights has some character, just needs a little love
>>
>>17661510

Nice insight. they didnt make any 6 cylinder Compacts in the states, and i would love to swap in an M50/52 but i really only have the money and time to put a new head on there until later down the line... I see what you mean about the locking differential thougyh, the 95s were the only ones in the states that got a locking differential, and it was with the highest trim i believe.
>>
>>17660681
Yeah, we have the monsoon season. We go from 115 and 10% humidity every day to 100 and 40%-60% humidity every day.
>>
>>17660444
You know how the 318 E30 2 door is the poor mans M3? This is like an update of that. It looks like an E36 but is mostly E30 under the skin. It could be made into a very light, tossable car.
>>
>>17664777
This x2. I was originally looking for an E30, but theyre too expensive nowadays, and i found this and it caught my eye. I'm seriously considering buying it and doing the work
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.